Go to live outside Spain with insulin bomb

carsa16's profile photo   03/26/2023 7:46 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I have in mind emigrate to Ireland, at least to try, since here in Spain there is not much of mine ..
I have type I diabetes and I have an insulin pump accu-check alone and a free freeyle sensor 2, I would like to know if anyone has references or knows how I can do to continue with my treatment there.The social security here keeps me even if it registered there?Can you send me the materials from here?Can I continue with my treatment from your health system?
Thank you very much to everyone, I'm a bit lost ..

carsa16's profile photo
carsa16
03/26/2023 7:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you are going to live to another European country you have the right to health in that country but under the norms of that country.

That is, that if in that country things are better for the beneficiary diabetics and otherwise there are damaged.

At least that is the general norm that exists, I do not know the details or if there are special cases in which there is a specific protocol.

In summary, that if the Irish in your very situation costs your treatment to you, it will also cost you money.If you receive it without copagos ("free") you will also receive it in the same conditions.

It must also be borne in mind that there may be other criteria to grant the bomb other than those of Spain, although we would be rare that the partridge in a more developed country than Spain would be dizzy.

Karl85's profile photo
Karl85
03/28/2023 9:34 a.m.

@carsa16, I think that while you inform yourself there it is better that you do not get off here and that you take what is necessary for a season or send it to you from here.Consult at the health center, let's see ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/28/2023 11:35 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To request the card there: https: //www.citizensinformation.ie/health/medical_cards_and_gp_visit_cards/medical_card.html
Link

I advise you to take an English report from your endocrine.

There are co -payment in some medications, but the top per citizen seems to be 80eur.There are many links to medications and it seems that the money is advanced by you and then you have to make the reimbursement request ...

I keep the SS of Spain.You come every 3 months for needles, sensors, etc.And you turn.
You can also send your relatives by mail.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/28/2023 6:57 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I don't know very well how it works in Ireland.I have lived 7 years in England.Taking pump already placed from Spain does not mean that they provide you with the material you need automatically.They will give you insulin bolis and strips because it is the treatment indicated for diabetes but to have a pump and material you would have to start from scratch there.The same would happen here if someone comes from outside with a bomb.They would not be financed just because it has already been put.

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
03/30/2023 2:05 p.m.

raul_nevermind said:
I don't know how it works in Ireland.I have lived 7 years in England.Taking pump already placed from Spain does not mean that they provide you with the material you need automatically.They will give you insulin bolis and strips because it is the treatment indicated for diabetes but to have a pump and material you would have to start from scratch there.The same would happen here if someone comes from outside with a bomb.They would not be financed just because it has already been put.

Hello,
Why do you think someone who already comes with pump outside would not be given a bomb in Spain directly?

Fulix's profile photo
Fulix
04/02/2023 5:25 p.m.

fulix said:
raul_nevermind said:
I don't know very well how it works in Ireland.I have lived 7 years in England.Taking pump already placed from Spain does not mean that they provide you with the material you need automatically.They will give you insulin bolis and strips because it is the treatment indicated for diabetes but to have a pump and material you would have to start from scratch there.The same would happen here if someone comes from outside with a bomb.They would not be financed just because it has already been put.

Hello,
Why do you think someone who already comes with pump outside would not be given a bomb in Spain directly?

Because each country has different criteria when putting insulin bombs.That you meet the criteria in one country does not mean that you fulfill them in another.The pump award processes are different and also depends on the budget allocated to this.For example, in England the endocrine is not the one who decides whether they put you bomb or not.If the endocrine believes that you are a candidate, he has to write to the Health Commissionsers presenting the reasons and it is they who decide whether they finance the bomb or not depending on the budget and the reasons why the bomb was good for you.

Raul_Nevermind's profile photo
Raul_Nevermind
04/02/2023 8:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.