Failure in the 780g bomb?

Javitomas67's profile photo   12/22/2023 1:53 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I've been with 780g for 2 months and this situation is scheduled:
1) They are already going 5 times that my insulin spoils in the pump tank.Between the 3rd and 5th day of having changed it.
2) In an online training course, the instructor told us "fill half a deposit, to avoid adulterations of insulin."I was surprised to do so, because his advice was not coming to what he explained.
3) By my wife's suggestion, I have observed the pump compartment where the deposit goes, and it seems different from my previous bomb (480).
Has this happened to any of you?Could it be that the insulin deposit compartment of the 780G lacks an insulating thermal coating?

Javitomas67's profile photo
Javitomas67
12/22/2023 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, reading you, two doubts arise.

1- How do you know that insulin has spoiled.
2- What type of cannula do you use?Because it is normal to change the complete infusion equipment every 3 days.

marine's profile photo
marine
12/23/2023 8:14 p.m.

1) I know that it has been broken because a) I inoculus huge doses of insulin, and not low of sugar.And b) When in the end I choose to change the pump deposit, still with insulin, I compare the 2 deposits: the one that remoces the pump, and the one that just filled with insulin freshly taken from the fridge.The insulins of both deposits have different appearance and hue.(Eye: The newly filled deposit let it rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes, so that the insulin is betting, since newly passed from the pen to the tank, there is a cloudy tong).
2) Change the cannula every 2.5/3 days.

Javitomas67
12/23/2023 9:19 p.m.

Good again,

What fast insulin do you use ?????

That I know, fast insulins have non -cloudy transparent color or anything like that (different is the external condensation that I can generate from having been in the refrigerator) but it is quite rare that in 3 days you will miss insulin when in conditions when under conditionslower than 30º usually lasts 28 days outside the fridge.

Keep in mind that there are enough more factors that influence glycemia does not lower how a small cold infection etc ...

2) I do not understand then if you change every 2-3 days the cannula you speak from 3rd to the 5th day of having changed it ... you change your cannula but not the reservoir?

marine's profile photo
marine
12/25/2023 9:26 p.m.

@Javitomas67 It is not the bomb that I use, but they did emphasize that when I change the infusion kit every 3 days, I also changed the insulin cartridge (even if I had many units), because being the pump so close to theBody, under clothes, in summer with heat, runs the risk of degrading before.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/27/2023 10:24 a.m.

Hello again, thanks for your answers.
When I used the 480 bomb, I always exhausted the insulin of the reservoir, and it was never told that when changing the catheter, the reservoir changed, no matter how much insulin was still contained.And I never had the feeling that insulin had degraded.If I remember correctly, the 480 reservoir compartment had a metallic coating.780g does not have it.
The day they gave it to me (the 780 g), we were told that the reservoir for 3 days.My idea is that without that metallic coating, insulin degrades before.My reality is that I degraded about 6 times a month, and with the 480 it never happened.

Javitomas67
02/25/2024 11:37 p.m.

To me that is giving me mistakes is the Dexcom, my bombs are not updated but it is giving me a failure for 3 days

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
02/26/2024 11:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.