{'en': 'I am new and newly diagnosed with diabetes', 'es': 'Soy nuevo y recién diagnosticado con diabetes'} Image

I am new and newly diagnosed with diabetes

PepGat's profile photo   04/12/2023 10:13 a.m.

Well, nothing, 52 years, a few years ago that my basal glucose was between 100-110 (before it was lower ~ 80-90) and is a matter of 1 year already began to vary up, 131 on one occasion, 117 in anotherwith glucosiladas & lt; 5.7%.Analysis requested by myself to the SS because those 100-110 with respect to the usual values ​​were already high and I was with the fly behind the ear

A couple of weeks ago in an analysis requested by myself again (the SS in Cat does not follow up on anything, at least in my case) Basal Glucose 146 mg/dl and 6.4%glucosilada, already declared diabetic directly by phone(Without specifying type, I suppose DM2) and programmed visit to nurse on April 28 to suppose dietary and exercise plan (everything is to assume why explanations -& GT; 0)

Until I reached that visit on my own, I recover fondness to leave 1h/20km by bike in the afternoon and lose weight, I bought glucometer (Amazón, says that accuracy 4.5%) and I see 100-118 readings on an empty stomach, to see how we are goingAnd if I can save medication

I really liked my 1/2 liter beer vase because of the afternoons, suppressed, and in general everything I find that more account hydrates can have

Thanks for your forum!
Health

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 10:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @pepgat!

Well yes, paint DT2.
But I see that you face it well and eager.

They are not very high values, maybe with exercise and diet you can not need oral antidiabetics, with the stick that one cannot get out of the diet, but glymia triggers.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/12/2023 10:31 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for your answer

What a remedy!

I hope to lose weight anyway and have some margin in case there is any whim (I'm not sweet but I do like a lid or my beer)

94kg weight with 1.68m, I will try 85kg and less if possible

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 10:40 a.m.

Hello, welcome.
Yes, you must have type2 diabetes (the 1 is of abrupt appearance) but not very high.A glyce greater than 6 indicates diabetes but then we are asked to have it between 6 and 7, with what you are really in target.
Everything that is improving habits will come good (even without diabetes 😉) and you will notice it in results.Let's see what the doctor tells you.
You tell us.
Regarding saving medication, it is a matter of assessing it.At first it is easy with the scare to be very strict with the diet.Over time it becomes hard to deprive yourself of so many things, with which I personally prefer support medication and be able to give me some luxury (occasionally, that the changes in habits are yes or yes, even with medication).But well, each one is each.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/12/2023 10:48 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have high and HTA uric acid with the typical pills for 10 years (curiously it is when I began to have the highest glucose) and I have not had extreme care although luckily I have the tension I have +/- controlled although in the high range (140) And of Gota the subject, it has rarely bothered me
Since then I have feared that DM came out for what is part of the cjto of alterations of the metabolic syndrome and well, it is here

Isabelbota said:
hello, welcome.
[...] and be able to give me some luxury (occasionally, that the changes in habits are yes or yes, even with medication).

What is a "luxury" for you?

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 11:07 a.m.

Hi @pepgat!

Welcome to the Diabetes Forum.It is understandable that you have felt worried to see that your blood glucose levels have been raising in recent years, and that you have now received the diagnosis of diabetes.

It is excellent that you have started making changes in your lifestyle, such as going by bicycle and losing weight.These changes can be very beneficial for diabetes control.In addition, the fact that you bought a glucometer and you are monitoring your blood glucose levels is a very useful tool to better understand how food and physical activity affect you in your blood glucose levels.

It is important that you follow the recommendations of the nurse and the food and physical activity plan that proposes you.If your doctor considers the use of medications necessary, do not hesitate to take them according to the instructions and consult any questions or problem you have with them.

It is also understandable that you miss certain foods, such as beer, but it is important that you learn to control the quantity and frequency in which you consume them to maintain your stable blood glucose levels.

Remember that diabetes is a chronic disease, but with good control and care you can lead a healthy and active life.This forum is here to help you and rely on your way.A lot of courage and strength!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/12/2023 11:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:

Welcome to the Diabetes Forum.It is understandable that you have felt worried to see that your blood glucose levels have been raising in recent years, and that you have now received the diagnosis of diabetes.

I have observed or at least I have the impression that both (HTA - DM) have appeared after intense times of work stress (closing problems on the first occasion and "pressing" by works and clientele in the second)

That will be more difficult to control

fer said:

It is also understandable that you miss certain foods, such as beer, but it is important that you learn to control the quantity and frequency in which you consume them to maintain your stable blood glucose levels.

Summer comes
I hope to have room to be able to take me from time to time

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 12:06 p.m.

pepgat said:
fer said:
>

I have observed or at least I have the impression that both (HTA - DM) have appeared after intense times of work stress (closing problems on the first occasion and "pressing" by works and clientele in the second)

fer said:

Summer comes

Good afternoon, for beer I can give you some advice.After a multitude of test/error with different brands, there is one that barely has hydrates: Steinburg Soft of Mercadona.A 33cl can has approximately a half ration of hydrates, so it does not rise too much, especially comparing with normal beers.
There is another option that is the Heineken Silver, but that if I notice that something else rises.

To all this, I just realized what I miss a good Voll Damn or a Galicia star.: '(:' (: '((

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/12/2023 12:49 p.m.

pepgat said:
I have high uric acid and HT with the typical pills for 10 years (curiously it is when I started having the highest glucose) and I have not taken extreme care although luckily the tensionI have it +/- controlled although in the high rank (140) and of Gota the subject it has rarely bothered me
Since then I have feared that DM came out for what is part of the cjto of alterations of the metabolic syndrome and well, it is here

Isabelbota said:
hello, welcome.
[...] and be able to give me some luxury (occasionally, that the changes in habits are yes or yes, even with medication).

What is a "luxury"?

Well, take some beer or eat something not very appropriate.

Anyway after reading a little more about you I think the key you are in that you lose weight.That is what is surely creating insulin resistance and may not have almost problems.If with the weight you have you have that glycosilada I think that losing 15 kg could have the possibility of having it normal if the pancreas is not damaged.If you keep working excessively for overweight it will be damaged and is needed medication yes or yes.
But come on, the doctor will tell you, I am not.

isabelbota
04/12/2023 12:53 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

sandman said:

Good afternoon, for beer I can give you some advice.After a multitude of test/error with different brands, there is one that barely has hydrates: Steinburg Soft of Mercadona.A 33cl can has approximately a half ration of hydrates, so it does not rise too much, especially comparing with normal beers.
There is another option that is the Heineken Silver, but that if I notice that something else rises.

To all this, I just realized what I miss a good Voll Damn or a Galicia star.: '(:' (: '(

I take note although I will try to forget to have beer at home

Thank you

Isabelbota said:

Anyway after reading a little more about you I think the key you are in that you lose weight.That is what is surely creating insulin resistance and may not have almost problems.If with the weight you have you have that glycosilada I think that losing 15 kg could have the possibility of having it normal if the pancreas is not damaged.If you keep working excessively for overweight it will be damaged and is needed medication yes or yes.

Buf, I don't remember when I weighed that XD, normally always weighed on 85kg but in short, let's go to it
I am eating little (I also move little for the type of work) so I have to crush and take time from where I can

How do you know if the pancreas is damaged?The SS doctor will do any test ex officio to determine that?

Thanks for your comments

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 4:11 p.m.

sandman said:

To all this, I just realized what I miss a good Voll Damn or a Galicia star.: '(:' (: '(

I love Craft Beer, in fact it was at home a few years ago, when I had time (IPA, Stout, etc), now I took them "from figs to brevas" when I went to some brewpub and I think that now I am not going toTaking at all in a good weather at least until you reach better parameters, they are beers without filtering or anything ...

Thank you

Isabelbota said:

Buf, I don't remember when I weighed that XD, normally always weighed on 85kg but in short, let's go to it
I am eating little (I also move little for the type of work) so I have to crush and take time from where I can

How do you know if the pancreas is damaged?The SS doctor will do any test ex officio to determine that?

Thanks for your comments

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 4:11 p.m.

pepgat said:
sandman said:
>

I love Craft Beer, in fact it was at home a few years ago, when I had time (IPA, Stout, etc), now I took them "from figs to brevas" when I went to some brewpub and I think that now I am not going toTaking at all in a good weather at least until you reach better parameters, they are beers without filtering or anything ...

Thank you

Isabelbota said:

Thanks for your comments

Well, there is a test that measures the operation of the pancreas.It is called peptide C (which apparent the body secretes it at the same time as insulin and so it is known how much it is secreted).
In Andalucia my head doctor told me that they can't ask for it.I was asked for the endo and I had it very low, that is, pancreas practically exhausted.In fact I am insulin from the beginning.(Nothing to do with you, my glyc was 15.9 and in my case it was not the weight because weight 50 kg. I say so that you do not be scared that in diabetes there are no two equal cases).

isabelbota
04/12/2023 4:27 p.m.

Isabelbota said:

Well, there is a test that measures the operation of the pancreas.It is called peptide C (which apparent the body secretes it at the same time as insulin and so it is known how much it is secreted).
In Andalucia my head doctor told me that they can't ask for it.I was asked for the endo and I had it very low, that is, pancreas practically exhausted.In fact I am insulin from the beginning.(Nothing to do with you, my glyc was 15.9 and in my case it was not the weight because weight 50 kg. I say so that you do not be scared that in diabetes there are no two equal cases).

I will comment anyway, I hope to learn everything I can on this topic

I am from Catalonia and now that I go from doctors I realize how things have changed from the pandemic, seeing the head doctor in a "normal" time is already very complicated

Thank you very much for the information

PepGat's profile photo
PepGat
04/12/2023 4:35 p.m.

sandman said:
pepgat said:
fer said:
fer said:
>

fer said:
fer said:

Summer comes

Buff !!I do miss a Voll Dann, but it was an authentic uncontrollable watch bomb

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/12/2023 4:54 p.m.

pepgat said:
sandman said:
>

Thank you

Isabelbota said:

Thanks for your comments

Well, according to how you consider it.What I do is that if at lunch or dinner I arrive below 70-80 I take advantage and vento a can before eating.: p

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
04/12/2023 5:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.