{'en': 'Glucose values \u200b\u200bafter food?', 'es': 'Valores de glucosa después de alimentos?'} Image

Glucose values ​​after food?

matrix's profile photo   05/07/2023 6:02 p.m.

Hello.

I have been approx with free freestyle (first time) and I have been making measurements that I did not do before and I get new doubts.I am Diabetico T2 and Volume Invokana 8am and Metformin 8pm.

With "normal" glucometer, I took the glucose on an empty stomach and then 2 hours after food.

With glucometer I had these results:

- Before eating - 128
- Just at eating - 134
- Dor hours after eating 167

Now with freestyle:

- Before eating 129
- Just at eating - 131
- 30 min after eating - 169
- 1 hour after eating - 181
- 90min after eating - 212
- 2 hours after eating - 169
- 3 hours after eating - 150
- 4 hours after eating - 138
- 5 hours after eating - 141
- 6 hours after eating - 137
- 7 hours after eating - 143
- 8 hours after eating - 128

Is this normal for control diabetics (who passes from 200 at some point)?

How does glucose behave in non -diabetic patients?At some point it goes up to 200 or that never happens to them?Or can it get to 200 and you lower them quickly?

I hope they can illustrate me.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/07/2023 6:02 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

My humble opinion is that the medication is not adjusted, those peaks are not good, comment with your doctor those values, how did you get the glycosylated so far?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/07/2023 6:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@matrix
Nothing goes through specific spikes but you should not reach 200. According to my endo you have to move between 70 and 180 maximum.That is why I also think that if this happens to you often, the medication must be improved.But yes, that from time to time, even having good control, a day according to what you eat, you moved or thousand themes, a diabetic goes from 200.
Non -diabetics no.At most apparently they give 140. And some move between 65/90 all the time and they do not pass from there.They do not arrive.And if a non -diabetic arrives, it is diabetic and does not know.
What glycosilada do you have?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/07/2023 6:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

diabetic said:
my humble opinion is that the medication is not adjusted, those peaks are not good, comment with your doctor those values, as the glycosilada came out so far?

I also believe that I already need medication adjustment.The glycosilada when I debuted 2 years ago was 9.5 ... Then I went down to 7.8 and then to 7.2 - the doctor told me that if it reached 7 it was already fine.I have to study this current week so I will soon have the new values.I think you must walk by 7.6 ... we'll see ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/08/2023 5:56 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Isabelbota said:
@matrix
Nothing goes through specific spikes but you should not reach 200. According to my endo you have to move between 70 and 180 maximum.That is why I also think that if this happens to you often, the medication must be improved.But yes, that from time to time, even having good control, a day according to what you eat, you moved or thousand themes, a diabetic goes from 200.
Non -diabetics no.At most apparently they give 140. And some move between 65/90 all the time and they do not pass from there.They do not arrive.And if a non -diabetic arrives, it is diabetic and does not know.

Thank you!

According to the graphs that I have seen the non -diabetics have up to 140 in glucose 2 hours after the food ... but in that range of two hours, how much does it upload?They have no peaks?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/08/2023 6 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
@matrix

A question, maybe you know ... on that point that you comment ... "You moved" ... Do you mean exercising?

A question ... If a type 2 diabetic has glucose in 135 and makes a 45 -minute walk, the glucose is maintained or should it go down?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/08/2023 6:03 a.m.

matrix said:
Isabelbota said:
@matrix

A question, maybe you know ... on that point that you comment ... "You moved" ... Do you mean exercising?

A question ... If a type 2 diabetic has glucose in 135 and makes a 45 -minute walk, the glucose is maintained or should go down?

This is like everything else, it depends on the person, but it is normal to go down.I have always used it to go down and it works very well.(I'm every day)
And the other one you ask.
No, a non -diabetic is always below 140. In fact, the beak for them is that 140 that many do not even arrive.Here in the forum someone commented that he had put the sensor to his non -diabetic girlfriend and that he never passed 90 ...
I have tried the glucometer and a friend when we have eaten the same and I am at the best in 150 he is in 90. In fact, the 5/6 times that I have punctured him has never gone from 90.
And another thing, tries to lower glycosilada.You have to have it between 6 and 7, closer to 6. Above 7 is high.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/08/2023 7:58 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

matrix said:
diabetic said:
my humble opinion is that the medication is not adjusted, those peaks are not good, comment with your doctor those values,How did the glycosilada come out so far?

I also believe that I already need medication adjustment.The glycosilada when I debuted 2 years ago was 9.5 ... Then I went down to 7.8 and then to 7.2 - the doctor told me that if it reached 7 it was already fine.I have to study this current week so I will soon have the new values.I think you must walk by 7.6 ... we'll see ...

What the companion Isabel has told you is like that, the glycosiladSo my advice is that you go down that glycosilada, speak seriously with the doctor

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
05/08/2023 9:02 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
@matrix

That goes, a non -diabetic does not reach 140 maximum.If hyper caloric, soft drinks, etc.It is that those who put it normally are a bit "cucú" and are these hyper concerned about glycemia.What happens is that they rise very quickly and they are in normal values ​​and as you normally do not look at half an hour of having eaten but between 1-2 hours you do not see that.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/08/2023 9:15 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

diabetic said:
matrix said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
my humble opinion is that the medication is not adjusted,Those peaks are not good, comment with your doctor these values, as the glycosilada so far came out?

What the companion Isabel has told you is like that, the glycosiladSo my advice is that you go down that glycosilada, speak seriously with the doctor

Hello.Thank you very much for the comments.I have an appointment with the doctor this week, the results of the studies give them on Tuesday.

Could you tell me what diabetic neuropathy is and how did you start and if you do it?I know it is one of the complications but I do not have many data

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/14/2023 9:34 p.m.

nila said:
Isabelbota said:
@matrix

That goes, a non -diabetic does not reach 140 maximum.If hyper caloric, soft drinks, etc.It is that those who put it normally are a bit "cucú" and are these hyper concerned about glycemia.What happens is that they rise very quickly and they are in normal values ​​and as you normally do not look at half an hour of having eaten but between 1-2 hours you do not see that.

Yes, I think so, that a diabetic person does not upload so much ... and if he does, he goes down quickly

The sensor has helped me more to understand the issue of food and how the body behaves

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/14/2023 9:36 p.m.

nila said:
Isabelbota said:
@matrix

That is why it is measured in the postpandral period, you have already given time to normalize the levels and you should be in 140 or less.
The sugar goes up to everyone, the incredines also come into play, which as you get food before digesting it are already preparing.
But a healthy person goes up where he will rise in 2 hours he will be in 140 or less.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
05/15/2023 12:05 p.m.

nila said:
Isabelbota said:
@matrix

hello!.I follow an endocrine on Tik Tok that is not diabetic and tests with freestyle.He ate sweet things and went up to 140 or 145 maximum so I agreed with what you said, but what do you think?He ate a banana and rose from 91 to 160 ... and then ate a full plate of pasta with a slice of bread and rose from 89 to 191. Of course it was only a peak and returned to normal levels quite fast ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/19/2023 5:15 a.m.

otabol said:
nila said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
@matrix

That is why it is measured in the postpandral period, you have already given time to normalize the levels and you should be in 140 or less.
The sugar goes up to everyone, the incredines also come into play, which as you get food before digesting it are already preparing.
But a healthy person goes up where he will rise in 2 hours will be in 140 or less.

It's true, at two hours it is in 140 ... I already checked it ... The Dr. Tik Tok goes up to 190 but low fast ...

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/19/2023 5:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.