{'en': 'Diabetes and infiltrations with corticosteroids', 'es': 'Diabetes e infiltraciones con corticoides'} Image

Diabetes and infiltrations with corticosteroids

jorgeazucareiro's profile photo   05/12/2023 8:57 p.m.

Hello people,

I have a lot of pain in the trapezios for some time and they were going to put infiltrations with corticosteroids but finally the doctor made the decision not to apply the corticosteroids and put another substance in his place.

They had already put me infiltrations with corticosteroids in another place and I had been great for pain (although I did a lot of glucose, but it was a matter of managing it).

What I am going to are that because I had diabetes, I had to annoy me and that they did not put the substance that cured me the most ...

Sometimes it gives me the feeling that doctors do not want to risk or the least even if you suffer with pain because some time again it also has me not to want to put on the anesthesia that would correspond to me in an intervention.

I wanted to know if any of you have something similar.

Greetings!

jorgeazucareiro's profile photo
jorgeazucareiro
05/12/2023 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry, an errata: * "They had already put me"

jorgeazucareiro
05/12/2023 8:59 p.m.

Jorgeazucareiro said:
forgiveness, an errata: * "had already put me"

You can edit the messages and correct them.On the ruedita from top right.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/12/2023 9:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Please do anyone have some similar experience or who can contribute?

jorgeazucareiro
05/13/2023 12:05 p.m.

: '(

jorgeazucareiro
05/13/2023 9:26 p.m.

: '(

jorgeazucareiro
05/13/2023 9:26 p.m.

@jorgeazucareiro, if you have pain, return to the doctor, to put you corticosterid if it is good for you.Talk to him to see that you can control it well with insulin.
The pain must be cut everything you can.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/13/2023 9:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Of course, I don't understand why they haven't put it on me ...

jorgeazucareiro
05/13/2023 10:18 p.m.

One question: do you take statins?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/13/2023 10:44 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
a question: do you take statins?
No, why?

jorgeazucareiro
05/13/2023 11:33 p.m.

Jorgeazucareiro said:
salad said:
No, why?

Whatas What?

jasabikin's profile photo
jasabikin
05/15/2023 6:46 p.m.

JorgeAzucareiro said:
Hello people, I have a lotinstead.They had already put me infiltrations with corticosteroids in another place and I had been great for pain (although I did a lot of glucose, but it was a matter of managing it).What I am going to are that by having diabetes I had to annoy me and that they did not put the substance that cured me the most ... sometimes it gives me the feeling that doctors do not want to risk or as minimal althoughYou suffer with pain because sometimes I also have me also passed from not wanting to put the anesthesia that would correspond to me in an intervention.

I wanted to know if any of you have something similar happened.

They have never stopped putting a treatment because of diabetes, or corticosteroids, or of course anesthesia, I carry in my body seven surgeries between caesarean sections, fractures and other things more not related to diabetes.Ask the reason why they do not put the medication you need or the reason why they replace it with another.I see it weird on the part of the doctors who attend you because this can be considered a bad medical praxis, and especially in the issue of anesthesia.A patient should never feel pain during and after an intervention and less being diabetic because the stress produced by pain makes healing and more to us.

uma's profile photo
uma
05/15/2023 9:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

Jorgeazucareiro said:
salad said:
No, why?

To rule out.One of its side effects is muscle pain.
Corticosteroid infiltrations are aimed at treating symptoms: lowering inflammation and pain, but do not fix the problem.It would be necessary to know why they have become inflamed, what is the origin.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/16/2023 8:23 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Yes, but hey, in my case it is myofascial pain and I have already tried everything there and for having.And I have only found the infiltrations with corticosteroids.The problem is that I need to have no pain to strengthen the muscles, and with pain it is unfeasible ...

jorgeazucareiro
05/16/2023 1:57 p.m.

Well, I don't know what he does ...

jorgeazucareiro
05/16/2023 6 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.