{'en': 'Fasting glucose and insulin resistance', 'es': 'Glucosa alterada en ayuno y resistencia a la insulina'} Image

Fasting glucose and insulin resistance

Lilsy's profile photo   01/05/2024 6:32 p.m.

Hi how are things!

I have been reading this forum for a while due to a current health situation ... I would like to your opinions, advice, etc.

My family is composed of several members living with type 2 diabetes and type 1.

I have presented insulin resistance, infradiagnosed since my adolescence, apparently by SOP.

Things are complicated when I present a 100 mg fasting glucose, with glucosylated hemoglobin of 5.6, and if I remember correctly, insulin in 22.

Eye: two doctors, including an internist, told me that it was nothing, that I would be calm, that there was no diabetes data.

I did not stay at peace until I found a doctor who effectively tells me that I have prediabetes.

I prescribe Vildagliptin every 24 hours and I put everything that gives with a low carbohydrate diet.

In 4 months, my fasting glucose is in 83 and glucosylated hemoglobin in 5.5 (a previous one in 5.2), and I have lost 8 kilos (which was not weight after weight either).

But I am not quietly;I feel that my numbers are really because practically not as carbohydrates.

I monitor every two days the 6 times suggested (predominate and 2 hours later) and everything leaves, say, in ranges of 85-95.

But the other day, I ate something extremely caloric and at two hours, pum!157. I wanted to die.

What do you recommend?

I have thought of a freestyle to do tests, because my intuition tells me that I need to do something else.

Excuse the letter, hahaha.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/05/2024 6:32 p.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

Well, you are not diabetic.
A little punctual 157 means nothing but remains over time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/05/2024 7:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

With glycosilada below 6 you are not diabetic.Do not obsess, as a specific value of 157 says nothing.

That they continue to do an analytics a year and if something changes you, it puts a solution, but for the moment everything is going well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/05/2024 9:08 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

With pre diabetes you should not even take medication if you do diet and exercise .. I see it unnecessary.
And 157 two hours after eating are pre -diabetes values, not even diabetes!
At the moment I would not worry, although I would continue to take care since all diabetes ends up in diabetes either in 5, 10 or 20 years.
Try to delay everything you can!

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
01/06/2024 3:47 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@Lilsy, ​​it doesn't seem prediabetes, you have very good values.And don't worry so much, because
It does not serve much.If you see that you start to fast, they will put medication, but for now you are perfect.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/07/2024 6:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good night
I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 weeks ago, I am 51 years old and I wanted to thank all the participants of this forum why reading your messages the truth that after the initial scare you help a lot to people who, as I started with this fight... Thank you so much!!!

jorge1972's profile photo
jorge1972
01/28/2024 8 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!You ask what you need.This forum accompanies a lot.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/29/2024 2:36 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.