{'en': 'Do you put insulin in the snacks or lunch?', 'es': '¿Os ponéis insulina en las meriendas o almuerzos?'} Image

Do you put insulin in the snacks or lunch?

marge_bouvier's profile photo   05/27/2023 8:20 p.m.

Hello!

I have been here for very recently, I debuted in type 1 just a month ago.

I am 32 years old, I am pregnant and try to learn as quickly as possible so that my glucose are well controlled during pregnancy.But obviously I still have a lot to understand and this forum helps me a lot.

Today I come with a question about the times you put insulin up to date.That is, if in lunch, snacks or snacks you also put insulin or not.

I only put it in the 3 main meals but many times when 3 hours have passed since the food and, therefore, the rapid effect has already passed.For example today before snacking I was in 138, I took a mini ice cream without sugar that barely reaches 1 HC ration and has risen to 175, which does not make me very funny.

Should I get more insulin to snack?

Should I upload the slow?

Or is it normal and should not do anything?

Thanks in advance!

marge_bouvier's profile photo
marge_bouvier
05/27/2023 8:20 p.m.

DT1 desde mayo 2023 🍭
Hipotiroidismo subclínico, normopeso, 33 años
Toujeo + Novorapid 🖊️🖍️

Hi Marge!I am also 31 weeks pregnant, in normal conditions I did not put me in lunch, if in snack.But now with pregnancy if I'm getting lunch and snack.
The variable ratios, I started com 1 ui by ration I think I remember but now with the resistance of the end of pregnancy I go for 2u/r in lunch and 3ui/r in snack.
Hugs.

Marga_V's profile photo
Marga_V
05/28/2023 8:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to put it as long as you need it, I only made 3 meals in pregnancy and there were days that click me 4 or 5 times fast.If you upload you, you must always correct because hyperglycemia harms the baby and if you know that something is going to upload you then you have to put insulin before.If snacks and it is something that you know that the insulin uploads before to avoid that climb and then whenever you see a hyperglycemia corrected as well.
In addition, pregnancy progresses increase insulin resistance and cost you more to lower it, you will have to adjust doses and control quite what you eat.
The ideal in pregnancy is not going from 130-140 after eating.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/29/2023 12:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much @yessica_a and @marga_v

It seems to me that I am going to limit myself to the 3 main meals ... because the one to walk by clicking and adding more and more insulin for everything right now is very ball.

The problem is that I have always been pecking and now with the hunger of pregnancy it is even more difficult.

What do you eat if you go hungry?Could you recommend some very low peaks in HC?

Thanks again!

marge_bouvier's profile photo
marge_bouvier
05/29/2023 1:34 p.m.

DT1 desde mayo 2023 🍭
Hipotiroidismo subclínico, normopeso, 33 años
Toujeo + Novorapid 🖊️🖍️

This pregnancy is also a lot of hungry, I prefer to snack and have lunch and click the truth because otherwise it gives me anxiety.
Things that do not rise to pecking are the cucumbers in vinegar, the scallions.Another of my great allies This pregnancy has been sunflower pipes, pistachios and nuts.
You can also turkey, York ham, cooked eggs for example ...
Much encouragement !!How are you?

Marga_V's profile photo
Marga_V
05/29/2023 1:52 p.m.

The key is to make the main dense foods in nutrients.It puts a lot of protein and fat that so dastesses much more.I had nausea all the pregnancy and ate almost by obligation so I was not hungry either, but I also made fats of fat and protein and some vegetable that filled me a lot and so I did not have to eat more times.
For example, my breakfast were always eggs with cheese or protein beaten (cream, powdered protein and nuts of nuts).With that I was not hungry in many hours.Then food and dinner made a single dish of protein and vegetables (eggplant lasagna or things like that) or meat with salad or vegetables, fish with vegetables, etc.
Between hours if you still are hungry you can try with nuts, pasteurized cheeses of the cured that do not have HC, pickled (see that they do not wear sugar), olives, or even a hard egg with olive oil or a can of sardines or similar.Ham York and others have to look at the labels well because most have a lot of hydrate.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/30/2023 12:06 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

What should be done is to estimate the grams or rations of carbohydrates that you are going to eat, and inject the appropriate units of the rapid insulin you use properly.

All of which would have to teach you to do and calibrate your endocrine.Talk to her/him.Good luck with the little girl

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/04/2023 1:10 p.m.

marge_bouvier said:
hello!I have been here for very recently, I debuted in type 1 just a month ago.I am 32 years old, I am pregnant and try to learn as quickly as possible so that my glucose are well controlled during pregnancy.But obviously I still have a lot to understand and this forum helps me a lot.

Today I come with a question about the times you put insulin up to date.That is, if in lunch, snacks or snacks you also put insulin or not.

I only put it in the 3 main meals but many times when 3 hours have passed since the food and, therefore, the rapid effect has already passed.For example today before snacking I was in 138, I took a mini ice cream without sugar that barely reaches 1 HC ration and has risen to 175, which does not make me very funny.

Should I get more insulin to snack?Should I upload the slow?Or is it normal and should not do anything?

Thanks in advance!

But did you diagnose type 1 or gestational?I think because you have asked but if you are pregnant being one or the other it would be as strict as possible until you give birth.

I follow a low diet in HC and usually not as between hours and if I do it is something rather protein so I do not get quickly more than just.

If you pikes between hours and it is something with CH (carbohydrates) then you will have to wear an extra depending on how you are and what you have scheduled.

With meals you have to take into account many things.For example, if it is an ice cream even if it is low in sugar or without, and it only has 1 ration but it has fat and that delays the absorption of sugar so of putting insulin in the end.Also in pregnancy, especially in the first quarter and a little the second, hormones make sugar more.Check this better with your endocrine/diabetologist.

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
06/04/2023 3:07 p.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.