{'en': "Tresiba problems: I can't go back down", 'es': 'Problemas con tresiba: no puedo remontar bajadas'} Image

Tresiba problems: I can't go back down

clars6's profile photo   01/05/2024 11:49 p.m.

Hello everyone!!

They changed Toujeo to Tresiba 3 months ago and I am having a fatal.Apparently a minimum of 10% should have lowered the slow, but from 7.30pm I have been having insolved declines all these months (not clicking quickly at dinner), and going down and going up again three to see if you corrected.After an emergency visit, I got it to 12, and now they have told me that I have to get it back to 14 units in an appointment with the endocrine (different from the one who sent me an erroneous dose)

I had never had to call an ambulance (I have been diabetic for 20 years) and the first time it has been with this change, not being able to correct a hypoglycemia of 40 after clicking Tresiba, (without using fast insulin from the day beforeThe eating time) in 2h (after 3h I got to 300, having taken 3 juices, half package of cookies and tablespoons of sugar).At that time I was in 14 units (quite stable except for this inexplicable occasion), and I am quite afraid to return to that dose.I don't know if this has happened to someone too, or if someone has any advice.

In the endocrine I have been told that I am not recommended a change of slow because I am completeTresiba High (now for fear of another drop without a solution I am above 250/300 all the time).They have also told me that Toujeo and Tresiba are very similar and that such a big change should not notice.I understand that the Super Bajon was once, but inevitably, after all this bad experience from the beginning, I do not trust Tresiba.

In general, I am giving me all this anxiety mogollone and I don't know what to do (for now I will raise it a little again).Do you find it difficult to overcome the dowers with threeiba too?If the same thing happened to someone and wants to comment what the solution was, I would appreciate it very much.

This insulin has very good things in turn (as less brutes and less frequent, and greater stability) but it is very hardly dealing with downturn and finding my dose

clars6's profile photo
clars6
01/05/2024 11:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Clars6, my daughter also found it difficult to regulate Tresiba ,.It came from 20 from Lantus and Tresiba had to lower it to 13, and still had strong declines at night.He couldn't lower her more because he went up for no reason for the day.
He put it in the morning.
A month he got tired of trying to regulate the Tresiba without improvement and returned to Lantus, which still had left in the fridge.
In the following review he told Endo that he wanted to try Toujeo and is now happier with this insulin.It puts 20 units of toujeo, but makes lower diet in hydrates and needs much less fast.
The one you have to be calm is you, knowing that you dominate insulin and not she.
Turn to Toujeo if you were well, you explain it to the endo and that's it.They do not have to tell you anything, that you have been dealing with this for many years and you know better than anyone what is good for you and what does not.
Toujeo and Tresiba are similar, but it is better to try both and stay with the one that best suits you

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/06/2024 2:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@clas6
You would have to look for in the forum the number of people that have not been possible to adapt to Tresiba.Some are going fantastic and others have been impossible to control.
And each one is going well for different things.
If before the change you were well talk to your endo and return to Toujeo.The changes are supposed to improve, not to live with fear and uncertainty, which also causes bad control.
If you were doing well with the previous one, I don't understand the change, really.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/06/2024 7:20 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It is evident that the Tresiba does not act well.

But something that I always recommend for strong descents is to leave juice or cookies.

A can of Coca Cola (without caffeine) with its 35 gr of sugar goes back what you need.Type1 should always have several at home.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/06/2024 9:48 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@clas6: Look at these tips by Serafín Murillo to overcome hypos
Link
Link
I, in your place would go down the threeiba to avoid all those hypoglycemia that you comment

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/06/2024 11:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

And to walk with "alternatives", when a sugar envelope is 7 or 8 grams and in a moment you manage it and adjust.If you don't like sugar directly in the mouth, you dissolve it in a little water and you know exactly what you are getting.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
01/07/2024 4:15 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Clars6 I don't understand why your endocrine insists that you apply a specific dose.We have to adjust the dose based on what happens to us in day to day.I use toujeo and move between 12 and 16 units, according to times.Fridays under two units because the weekend I move a lot.During the week being my office work, I am more sedentary.
You have had a lot of patience, 4 months of shock is a long time.I would also return to Toujeo, if you were stable with that and handled well.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
01/07/2024 9:26 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I would be Toujeo back.
The changes are usually to improve, not to get worse.
I changed years ago from Lantus to Levemir and from there to Toujeo and late 1 month to adjust.Now I am in 18uds de Toujeo.Very flat but well controlled.
For hypos I usually invest a sugar envelope and then 1 cookie to maintain level.If you keep going down, eat a small snack.That keeps a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2024 11:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

wove said:
and so that walking with "alternatives", when a sugar envelope is 7 or 8 grams and in a moment you manage it and you adjust.If you don't like sugar directly in the mouth, you dissolve it in a little water and you know exactly what you are getting.

A cocacola drink raised me faster than two envelopes of sugar.

jubano's profile photo
jubano
01/15/2024 6:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.