Cortisol and diabetes

fosforero's profile photo   06/13/2023 12:11 a.m.

Looking online I have seen information that intense chronic stress can raise the blood level of cortisol and be the cause of diabetes.I think it's my case but I have never analyzed cortisol.
Any of you have knowledge and experience in this phenomenon?
Thank you so much

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
06/13/2023 12:11 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I think you throw the question to know what diabetes has caused you but I think you should focus it is like being able to improve it.

Cortisol is a necessary hormone in the body, but if it is constant.... Stress ... let's go everything that causes a state of alarm to a situation of "danger" for the body.

Try to improve your quality of life and that cortisol should go down to normal levels.

Greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
06/13/2023 11:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@marine you are right, as I am convinced that the main reason for my type 2 diabetes is intense chronic stress and lack of sleep for many years and that it subsists today despite the medication I take for it, although I make aVery strict regime and I macho daily in the gym may not be enough to fight it.
I thought that if a blood analysis confirms high cortisol there could be a specific medication to reduce it.But I am ignorant on this issue, which is why I had launched the question in the forum, because I suppose other foreros will have met this problem before and I hope they have been able to solve it.
Greetings and thank you very much

fosforero
06/13/2023 12:11 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

For practical purposes both type 1 diabetics and type 2 affect excess cortisol equally.

I advise you the YouTube channel of Enol Sierra, you have very good videos talking about how to improve our diabetes control.

For the topic of cortisol there is no magic pill that regulates it.Yoga .... pilates ... what you want to make you better control that stress ....

For the subject of sleep melatonin helps, exercise too ...

But for example, an excess of exercise can also cause excess cortisol ... all in its fair measure.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/13/2023 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @marine !!!
I'm going to watch the enol Sierra videos.With metanonin I have already tried several times and at very high doses prescribed by the doctor, without success.It is a refractory chronic insomnia that is a real nightmare.
A cordial greeting

fosforero
06/13/2023 12:25 p.m.

@fosphorero, there is medication for insomnia and stress, ask your doctor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2023 12:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, I have been in treatment for both themes for 30 years, they have changed it on countless occasions, but without success
A cordial greeting

fosforero
06/13/2023 1:13 p.m.

@fosphorero, the orfidal usually prescribes it to sleep, sometimes half a pill is enough.
And the seroxat increases serotonin and reduces stress.There are seasons in which it is needed, because the problem of stress or anxiety is that they raise blood pressure.
Maybe with half a pill for sleeping and half of Seroxat you have enough.
It has been very good for seasons of more stress.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2023 1:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you @regina, I have been taking 1 mg of orfidal together with controos medications for 20 years, the improvement is minimal.In times of greater stress intensity I have reached 5 mg/day.I don't know the seroxat, I'm going to inform myself on the web.Greetings

fosforero
06/13/2023 1:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.