Sweat with an ammonia smell

fosforero's profile photo   06/13/2023 5:39 p.m.

Good afternoon friends, I have the impression that everything strange happens to me.
When I go to the gym to try to control my type2 diabetes (every day) when making cardiovascular and sweat abundantly when I always get home the clothes that I have worn gives off a strong smell of ammonia.
I have consulted several doctors, including an endocrine, and no one has been able to give me a reason.
And going around the subject, it is a pure elucubration of mine, I think that if for the effect of type 2 diabetes that I have, it prevents glucose from accessing normally to muscles cells to obtain the energy they need, they get it fromof proteins generating as ammonia byproduct and that is that strong smell.
Any of you have happened to you and has managed to know the cause?And has you managed to solve it?
Thank you so much

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
06/13/2023 5:39 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

I have been in almost this summer for 4 days (what's heat we are happening, buf ...) in the gym with type 2 diabetes and I ended up with some sweaty of the Virgin (I'm afraid of suffering from hypos !!) But I don't notice anysmell (I've always been lucky that my sweat does not smell like anything) ... Look to see if you are eating something (poor diet in fatal carbohydratos in some diabetics in theme of smell) or some supplement you are takingaffecting badly.It is not the first time that I listen to this that happens to you, but it is also known that we are all different and sweat in many people usually have strong odors, so many deodorants are rightly sold.
If you are looking in Google "Sweat with a smell of ammonia" many answers appear, so you see you are not the only one, look to see if you find the answer to your problem.I put a link to a very good answer:
Link
He says that if you are not hydrating correctly, can that problem give you, how much water baby every day?To know the amount of water that your body needs, you have to make the following formula (your weight divided by 7 is equal to 250ml vessels that you need x day)
I am hydrating correctly since I am drinking 4 liters of water x day.At first you will urinate like a champion, but that is good because you will eliminate many toxins that cause bad smells, after 2 weeks the body adapts and will pray very little ... The same with this your problem is fixed, for trying you do not lose anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The diet is very important in the smell of some people, so some athletes or some diabetics that consume few carbohydrates can tend to manifest this situation more frequently.

To avoid sweat with an ammonia smell, therefore, in the first place it will have to be taken into account to consume a portion of carbohydrates with each meal and hydrate properly.Drinking enough water, in addition, is essential for the body to better regulate the smell, body temperature and not sweat so much.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
06/13/2023 10:47 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Pyrri Thank you very much for the answer.
I had not seen the link article and is very interesting.
Of course, I limit the amount of carbohydrates I eat, for the issue of DM2.I drink enough water but I do not reach the dose you comment, I will try it to see if I improve.
Greetings

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
06/13/2023 11:36 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.