I am new and I need help to control the glucose of my 10 -year -old son

jasv1973's profile photo   06/22/2023 11:38 a.m.

Hello everyone.Both my family and I are new in this world of diabetes.My 10 -year -old son has recently debuted (4 months ago) and I would like to be able to control his glucose continuously (when he is at school, when he is with friends playing in the community zone where we reside, when he is practicing... etc ).It has a free sensor 2 that currently controls with the free glucometer 2. The issue is that we have already had to change a few days ago (in just 4 months) the glucometer because it has stopped working correctly of so many times that it has fallen to thesoil (I don't even want to think about what a mobile can last without breaking).I would like the free glucometer 2 to continue being its main control apparatus so that all the information would be stored in the device and continue downloading it on the free server so that from the hospital and we could make ratios decisions..etc.So I have been able to "witch" free 2 can become a continuous monitor of glucose by mobile and even pass the information to my Garmin Fenix ​​5 but of course I find the problem that is not for me but for my son because of whatThat I have the following doubt (among many others): I understand that my son must carry a mobile so that free 2 can become MCG, but can I put a mobile to my additional son to the glucometer and that the glucometer continues to be theMain control apparatus and all the information is saved in said glucometer but that through the mobile of my son send me the real -time information of his glocosa to my mobile and my sportwhach?.The final objective that I intend to achieve is that I receive in my mobile and smartwhachCurrently, the entire puncture history, Hiper, Hipo..etc is recorded in the glucometer and can upload it, as we currently do, to the Libreview website.I do not need the information of the events to be saved in the mobile just being able to see it in real time at the time I am interested (it would be a luxury if you can configure alarms and warn me if it is in hiccups or hyper).
Well, I feel you have written this tocho but I wanted to explain as well as possible in case anyone is in the same situation as me and can guide or help me.Thank you very much in advance.

jasv1973's profile photo
jasv1973
06/22/2023 11:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Your child needs a mobile with NFC.

Your doctor normally sees Libreview with the data that you turn to you but that is archaic since in 2017 Abbott took your mobile app freeLink where with the same LibreLink linked mail account it shares data in the Abbott cloud.
The child passes the mobile with the active NFC on the sensor and turns 8h data to LibreLink.You can see the LibreLinkup.

The best option as a remote control is to patch LibreLink, more XDRIP and Nightscout with that you can see it in real time on your mobile.There are several entries of this in the forum.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/22/2023 4:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It is necessary that your child carries mobile, as I know, there is no other way.
There is a group on Facebook that is called Nightscout Spain, there are a lot of information and files where they explain everything and there are many people who even help you personally.It is a group that was created many years ago by parents of children with DB type 1.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/23/2023 11:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.