{'en': 'Exaggerated action peaks', 'es': 'Picos de acción exagerados'} Image

Exaggerated action peaks

Vamm's profile photo   01/13/2024 11:58 p.m.

Hello, I just registered, although I have been reading the forum for a few months.

I have been diabetic for 19 and a half years.Now I am 42 years old.

From the beginning I use Novorapid and it has always been more or less well, adjusting at meals and in combination with the adjustment of the slow (before Lantus and for years Tougeo) according to the time of the year.

The fact is that for a few months I have very rare peaks of action.It happens to me at meals and dinners when I didn't happen before.I get a lot as just start eating, which coincides with the time to prick.And it can rise from good values ​​such as 100 to 250 and more (as if insulin did not take effect) and then, at about an hour and a half or three quarters, start falling to lead, to the point of having hypoglycemia of 40 or50 and have to eat a lot to overcome.I have changed the slow time, I have lowered it, I have changed the puncture places in case it had to do with delays in absorption by lipodystrophy, but nothing.It even happens to me with normally slow intakes that should take long to reach the blood, at least more than insulin.But suddenly the values ​​are planted in more than 200 when I have not started a plate of lentils.

I don't know what to do.I don't know if someone else happens.

Thank you.

Vamm's profile photo
Vamm
01/13/2024 11:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Van, it seems that it takes effect before the food that insulin.You can expect more between insulin and food or try with FIASP, which is faster..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/14/2024 7:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Extend the waiting time before starting to eat.Wait at least 15 minutes that is what the novorapid takes to start acting.If you give you the downturn to three quarters of an hour or at the time after having eaten, get off the fast.
Also consider what you have eaten when you have those peaks.
You will tell us

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
01/14/2024 9:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

What the classmates have told you is the right thing.
In food if you put things that rise more slowly and delay digestion, better ... salads, whole bakery bread ...
And don't touch the slow.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
01/14/2024 9:52 a.m.

Thank you very much for the advice.I will try to prick a little earlier, but without spending.Because it is something I had also tried and I found down shortly after starting to eat.That, or see if the change to another quick.Greetings

Vamm's profile photo
Vamm
01/14/2024 1:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.