{'en': 'Travel to USA - Doubt about this', 'es': 'Viajar a USA - duda sobre el ESTA'} Image

Travel to USA - Doubt about this

ranota's profile photo   01/17/2024 1:21 p.m.

Hello everyone!I know that there is a topic about traveling to the USA but I am not very clear about the issue of answering the ask.

In March we go from honey moon to NY and we have to fill in this.In the part where they ask for diseases it seems that they affect a lot that if you have something contagious or that it can attempt against your own safety or that of others.In the case of diabetes then ... neither one nor the other.But of course ... if it is pointed out that "no" is afraid that when customs pass they can give problems of some kind when seeing the feathers etc

We are going to take the certificates of the endocrine and the header but ... I know!I am afraid that for something so silly they will give problems.PLEASE HELP!

ranota's profile photo
ranota
01/17/2024 1:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand your concerns.In the application of this, you are asked if you have a physical or mental disorder with a behavior history associated with the disorder that may represent or have represented a threat to your property, security or well -being, or that of others.

In the case of diabetes, if you are well controlled and you have not suffered hypoglycemia episodes that incapacitate or affect your behavior, you can answer "no" to this question.

In addition, it is advisable to keep the certificates of your endocrine and header.This can help explain the need for your medicines and supplies for diabetes in customs control.

Here I leave you a link in case you want to read the Official Documentation this Application Website, U.S.Customs and border protection. Link

At the most personnel, I can tell you that I have made several trips to US in recent years, and that they have never put a problem with diabetes with this, other things are the safety controls at the airport, which I have beenMade questions with the sensor, insulins, etc ... But come on, they see it every day and it is easy to justify, especially if you carry your endo document.

I hope this helps you and have a wonderful trip to New York.Congratulations on your honeymoon!🎉

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2024 2:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I thank you for your answer.To fly for Spain/Europe I never had problems but USA gives a little of Substi Jaajaj so nothing, I will put "no" with all peace.Tomorrow just to see the endocrine so I will carry a certificate model in English to do so in the two languages ​​and zero dramas.

Thank you so much!!:)

ranota's profile photo
ranota
01/17/2024 2:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You're welcome @ranoTa here we are here to help us, delighted !!:)

Do not hesitate to ask what you need and have a very good trip!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2024 2:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I went to New York in September 2023 and no problem, I put not to that question.
I was with a medical report, but at no time they asked me when I passed with insulin for the airport's Scaner.

Good trip @RANOTA !!

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
01/17/2024 4:18 p.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.