{'en': 'Stomach burning when I am high glucose (hyperglycemic)', 'es': 'Ardor de estómago cuando estoy alto de glucosa (hiperglucémia)'} Image

Stomach burning when I am high glucose (hyperglycemic)

fer's profile photo   10/16/2023 11:21 a.m.

Good morning,

I would like to know if you also happen to you that when you are quite high glucose, let's put more than 200 mg/dl, you also feel stomach burning.

It is something that has happened to me for many years, but that until recently I had not related to diabetes, and it is that lately I see a direct cause-effect relationship.

Anyone who also has this effect with high glucose?

I read you.:)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
10/16/2023 11:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The truth is that I not notice anything when I am in hyper.No symptom.
On Saturday at breakfast I had an episode of those inexplicable ones that sometimes happen to us and I went to 340 glucose after a while of breakfast, and if it is not because the sensor shook me I would not have noticed.
I have never felt the famous symptoms of a lot, urinating a lot, etc ...

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
10/16/2023 12:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have had epigastralgias before diabetes was diagnosed.And I better improve me when I was diagnosed and I stopped even having them.Now that I am worse at the diabetes level after the postpartum, because as fast things that go wrong and I should not, I am having again

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/16/2023 1:58 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hi @fer then ... no ... and it's the first time I hear it ...
Although maybe it has something to do with something that I have been noticing with "digestion."
There are times that I notice that I have not done digestion (heaviness) and insulin is like water, because I have hyper, I correct myself and nothing ...
And when I already evacuate (understand me 🤣) it is as if all the insulin that I have put on at the same time and give me some hypos that fabric ...

Maybe you experience it as ardor, I heaviness ... but it has to do with digestion and hyperglycemia ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/16/2023 3:50 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I have not noticed stomach burning when I am in hyper.In fact, hyper usually goes unnoticed.Maybe some head sensation, like a pressure, but very subtle.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
10/16/2023 4:07 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Thanks for the answers!

@ENSALADA Maybe it's a matter of time, I have been diabetes for about 25 years, and it is possible that I am becoming more delicate, I don't know.

What @Silviagrz comments has also happened to me, I usually relate it to copious meals with enough fat, that is a watchmaking pump !!ha ha ha

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
10/16/2023 4:59 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I ardor no, but the stomach scrambled yes.And it is a roll, and more when I cannot correct and if I go out (if I can, of course, because it is usually in the morning and I have classes to give) it goes up even more.Sometimes my head hurts ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
10/16/2023 10:04 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Abdominal pain is a symptom of hyperglycemia.

A few months before I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes I had abdominal pain and I went to the doctor, but Almax prescribed me: and of course it was not what I needed.

It was already diabetic without knowing it clear.

With the correct treatment of insulin I have not had that pain again even if it is with hyper.

That pain should give when you are a long time with hyper.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/16/2023 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer may be that some food feels heavy and slow to digest, and the burning and hyper come together ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2023 8:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.