{'en': 'They discover the relationship between diabetes and lack of quality of quality', 'es': 'Descubren la relación entre diabetes y falta de sueño de calidad'} Image

They discover the relationship between diabetes and lack of quality of quality

fer's profile photo   07/11/2023 10:38 a.m.

The combination of two brain waves, known as sleeping spindles, and slow waves, predict an increase in body sensitivity to insulin that, consequently and beneficially, reduces blood glucose levels.

Scientists at the University of California Berkeley (USA) have found a potential mechanism in humans that could explain the link between certain types of brain waves and the sensitivity of the body to insulin, improving the general control of blood sugar.

For years, researchers have studied how the coupling of sleep sparkings with non -fast eye movements and slow and deep brain waves corresponded to a completely different function: that of learning and memory.In fact, the same team of UC Berkeley researchers previously discovered that the brain waves of deep sleep improved the capacity of the hippocampus, the part of the brain associated with learning, to retain information.

"These synchronized brain waves act like a finger that moves the first dominoes to start an associated chain reaction from the brain, to the heart and then to alter the regulation of the blood sugar in the body of the body," said Matthew Walker, professorof UC Berkeley.of neuroscience and psychology and main author of the new study."In particular, the combination of two brain waves, called sleep and slow waves, predict an increase in body sensitivity to the hormone called insulin, which consequently and beneficially reduces blood glucose levels."

Now, the findings, published in the magazine ´cell Reports Medicine´, reveal a novel and previously not recognized role for these combined brain waves in humans when it comes to the critical body function of blood sugar control.

First, they discovered that the strongest and most frequent coupling of the brain waves of deep sleep predicted a change in the state of the body's nervous system to the most inactive and soothing branch, called parasympathetic nervous system.They measured that change in the body and the change to this under stress state using the variability of heart rate as an indicator.

The researchers also discovered that this change in deep sleep to the soothing branch of the nervous system predicted greater sensitivity of the body to the glucose regulatory hormone called insulin, which instructs the cells to absorb the glucose of the bloodstream, avoiding a peakharmful of blood sugar.This is particularly important for people trying to get away from hyperglycemia and type 2 diabetes.

Therefore, this new research can help people better control their blood sugar level."Beyond revealing a new mechanism, our results also show that these brain waves of deep sleep could be used as a sensitive marker of someone's blood sugar levels the next day, rather than traditional sleep metrics," he concludedThe researcher Vyoma D. Shah.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/11/2023 10:38 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This is one of the pending problems that I have for years !!, before my type 2 diabetes I slept 12 hours from the pull, over the years I have been going down to 7 hours, then at 5 hours and now today I sleep at most4 hours or less daily and for the day I am burst.I have tried all benzodiazepine tips to the strongest and it is impossible for meSleep and, nothing works for me, I suffer from a brutal insomnia.If this study has appeared now where diabetes is related to lack of sleep, I only see in me that I do not have to look for any solution for my problem and it is my turn to annoy myself in what I have left of life ... in an end ...

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
07/13/2023 12:11 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Pyrri does not have to be from diabetes.
I do not sleep more than 5 hours since the age of 19.The day I am already bursting and sleeping 8 or 9, I get up more tired.Luckily that is every 8 months.
I have the dream very light and any noise or change alters me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/13/2023 12:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Pirry, I understand that sleeping little and can help a diabetes appear.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/14/2023 2:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Fer interesting contribution.
@Pirry tries to dinner little and light, use melatonin capsules and infusion of tila, melisa and pasture.
Benzodiazepines and listening to music type

Link

David1982's profile photo
David1982
07/16/2023 5:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

pyrri said:
This is one of the pending problems that I have for years !!, before my type 2 diabetes I slept 12 hours of the pull, over the years I have been going down to 7 hours, then at 5 hours and now I sleep at most 4 hours or less daily and for the day I am burst.I have tried all benzodiazepine tips to the strongest and it is impossible for meSleep and, nothing works for me, I suffer from a brutal insomnia.If this study has appeared now where diabetes is related to lack of sleep, I only see in me that I do not have to look for any solution for my problem and it is my turn to annoy myself in what I have left in life ... in the end ...

Go @pyrri, it turns out that the same thing happens to me, curious the relationship between insomnia, type 2 diabetes and peripheral neuropathy.I have been with the issue of insomnia for many years and I have already tried everything.Luck!!!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
07/16/2023 12:11 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Hello.I used to happen until I started taking magnesium 400 an hour before bedtime.Incredible it changed.Hopefully help them

marcela's profile photo
marcela
07/16/2023 1:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.