{'en': 'I introduce myself', 'es': 'Me presento'} Image

I introduce myself

_vane_'s profile photo   07/17/2023 8:04 p.m.

Good afternoon, rookie in this diabetes: Smile:

My intention is to learn, since I have realized that if you do not look for life, nobody will teach you anything, frustrated in my expectations with my diabetes unit 😑

Greetings,

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
07/17/2023 8:04 p.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

_ vane _ said:
good afternoon, rookie in this diabetes: smile:
My intention is to learn, since I have realized that if you don't look for life, nobody will teach you anything, frustrated in my expectations with my diabetes unit 😑

Good night, welcome.
You are right, most of the time we are the ones who have to explain to doctors how this diabetes works (each of theirs. There are no two equals).
A lot of theory in the Faculty but, like everything in life, the practice is the one that teaches you.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/17/2023 11:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

_ vane _ said:
good afternoon, rookie in this diabetes: smile:
My intention is to learn, since I have realized that if you don't look for life, nobody will teach you anything, frustrated in my expectations with my diabetes unit 😑

Hi Vane.If you want to learn, this is the right place.The experience of others is an indispensable complement to the information that professionals give.
The endocrine will see you 10 minutes in consultation every six months of which 8 will be with your nose attached to the medical history on the computer screen.It will give you the same guidelines as the previous patient and that the next, taken from the protocols of his hospital.It will give it the same as you are high or low, thin or fat, lowcarb diet or loaded with hydrates, physical or sedentary exercise.If you find it on the street, you will not even sound your face.
Another thing is the nurse, this gives you practical advice for your day to day, it offers you resources to prepare food, exercise, go on a trip, when you get sick, etc.It is available by email and on the consultation phone for doubts or possible emergencies.
This is my personal experience.
In August I go to consult with the new endocrine, maybe I improve my opinion about the specialty (I hope).
In this forum I have learned 70% of what I know about this disease now.Practical things.And encouragement, I feel very accompanied in this community.
So, welcome!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/18/2023 4:36 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
_ vane _ said:
good afternoon, novice in this diabetes: smile: smile: smile:

Hi Vane.If you want to learn, this is the right place.The experience of others is an indispensable complement to the information that professionals give.
The endocrine will see you 10 minutes in consultation every six months of which 8 will be with your nose attached to the medical history on the computer screen.It will give you the same guidelines as the previous patient and that the next, taken from the protocols of his hospital.It will give it the same as you are high or low, thin or fat, lowcarb diet or loaded with hydrates, physical or sedentary exercise.If you find it on the street, you will not even sound your face.
Another thing is the nurse, this gives you practical advice for your day to day, it offers you resources to prepare food, exercise, go on a trip, when you get sick, etc.It is available by email and on the consultation phone for doubts or possible emergencies.
This is my personal experience.
In August I go to consult with the new endocrine, maybe I improve my opinion about the specialty (I hope).
In this forum I have learned 70% of what I know about this disease now.Practical things.And encouragement, I feel very accompanied in this community.
So, welcome!

Here the endocrine is as you say, regarding the nurse, what you tell me is what I thought I would do, they are two nurses and a dietitian.There is a mobile phone in which they serve you very quickly.
But they do not give education for diabetes, they do not explain anything to you, they discharge the information and the usual, UISSSs that this is this !!Give yourself two more than threeiba and see what happens, and see you later Mari Carmen :(
I have explained the sensations and things that I notice in my body because I want to know if it is a thing of diabetes, and neither confirm it nor denied it, they send me to my general practitioner.
I am very tired and without any encouragement, I don't want to live like this.
Good luck with your new endocrine !!!

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
07/18/2023 6:58 p.m.

Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

@_Vane_: You can go to the Diabetics Association you have closer.There they will help you.
You can also ask what worries you in this forum.Among we will try to solve the doubts you have.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
07/19/2023 10:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

ricki21 said:
@_ vane_: you can go to the association of diabetics that you have closer.There they will help you.
You can also ask what worries you in this forum.Among all we will try to solve the doubts you have.

Hi Ricki21 !!thank you so much :)
Here there is only one diabetes unit, so I have little to choose: neutral:

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
07/19/2023 1:11 p.m.

Sin páncreas.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.