What do doctors say about interrupting Ozempic?

juanluis_59's profile photo   01/21/2024 9:39 p.m.

Hello,

I have been in treatment with Ozempic for more than a year, 3 weeks 0.5 and the rest 1mg for type 2 diabetes.

With the shortage I stopped injecting a month ago.

View how things are, with the continuation of the Sine Die shortage, I do not know if it will be best to interrupt the treatment indefinitely or treat according to availability, with the possibility of resuming and continuously interrupt.

Please comment your experiences.Specifically what their doctors advise.

Thank you so much.

juanluis_59's profile photo
juanluis_59
01/21/2024 9:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Why do you use it?
If it's to lose weight, I don't think it affects you.You will have to make ancient diet and exercise.

If it is for diabetes, you will have to go to the doctor to change the insulin or oral antidiabetics.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/21/2024 11:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

As I say in the question, it is for treatment of type 2 diabetes together with xigduo (no insulin).I still use it.

juanluis_59
01/21/2024 11:50 p.m.

Well, you see the doctor, it will put another treatment.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/21/2024 11:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Obviously I will go.The question was for those who were or knew of a similar situation, to know what I can expect to give the long -term shortage of Ozempic.

Thank you.

juanluis_59
01/21/2024 11:59 p.m.

Juanluis_59 said:
obviously I will go.The question was for those who were or knew of a similar situation, to know what I can expect to give the long -term shortage of Ozempic.

Thank you.

I have been scheduled now this principle but in pills, it could be an option, but it would have to be the doctor who changed you from injection to the pill for the dose and so on ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/22/2024 12:18 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Thank you

juanluis_59
01/22/2024 12:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.