{'en': 'New hope for type 1 diabetics', 'es': 'Nueva esperanza para diabeticos tipo 1'} Image

New hope for type 1 diabetics

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/29/2023 10 a.m.

Hello good,

I share this article where a researcher and stem cells transplant a patient who has been insulin for more than 2 years.

Link
Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/29/2023 10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

antonimar said:
article where a researcher already transplant stem cells to a patient who has been insulin to be insulin for more than 2 years.

But taking immunosuppressive drugs

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/29/2023 12:10 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
antonimar said:
article where an investigator already transplant steady cells to a patient who has been insulin
for more than 2 years.

But taking immunosuppressive drugs

Well, Sherpa41 (I speak from the ignorance, huh?) But I don't know in the long term that will be better ... if that or the insulins that we click at all hours, for so many years ...
I don't know if there will be studies with diabetics with as many years of illness as there are now ...
And apart all the "accessories" that send us ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/30/2023 12:22 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I don't know what is worse, I also start thinking that perhaps it is better of drugs.

But diabetics that have stopped needing insulin by transplants+ immunosuppression, there are for more than 30 years (my cousin included)

And every year they continue to collapse news of these as if they were something super new.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/30/2023 12:32 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 had no idea ... was your cousin type1 and has stopped clicking?😳

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/30/2023 1:14 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
@sherpa41 had no idea ... was your cousin type1 and has stopped clicking?😳

Just when I debuted, 27 years ago.They made a kidney transplant and as I had to take immuno-suppressors, they put beta cells.Since then it is no longer clicking.Although from time to time they have to put cells again.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/30/2023 1:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.