When is it considered that diabetes is "well controlled"?I am new in this

Madrileña91's profile photo   11/13/2023 2:35 a.m.

Hello everyone!I debuted with diabetes less than 2 years ago and a doubt arises ... When can we consider that diabetes is well controlled?That is, having glycosylated hemoglobin in normal range already implies controlled diabetes even having hyperglycemia or hypos from time to time?
Because I have the HG in 5.6 (it is supposedly good control) but in my day to day I have constantly descended and uploaded.
My endocrine is very happy with my supposed good control since I have gone from an HG of 7.8 to a 5.6 in a very short time, but it is hard for me to call this "good control" when I still see 250 of sugar in the glucometer eachtwo for three.
Is this normal ??What do you call controlled diabetes?
And above all ... despite having the controlled GH, the fact of having hyperglycemia every two by three continues to increase the risk of complications?

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/13/2023 2:35 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@"Madrid91", Hello!
I do not know how to tell you much, because I am from the old school in which the endo only looked at the glycosilada and that there were no serious hypoglycemia to say that the control was good.
Now you also see that the values ​​are regular and the time in range.
Anyway, being in 5.6 of glycosilada is very good control, because that hemoglobin is the one that measures the degree of glycosylation of the organism's cells, which is what most affects to develop complications.
So, congratulations!
Getting that glycosylated without variations is very difficult, although it helps a lot to do low in hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/13/2023 3:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @"madrileña91" You have a gyrus "of cinema".
Normally, the low gyzada is synonymous with very good control, but as @regina tells you you must have a time in the best possible and little variability.
I am sure that having 5'6 all you comply with Rajatabla !!
I have sent you a private, in case you can "help me."Thank you.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/13/2023 3:39 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

The problem is that my 200 and peak in the glucometer are not sporadically, it often happens to me.
That is why it is hard for me to call it “controlled diabetes”, because in my endocrine I have controlled it because a nurse says it in some analysis, but in my day to day it is not so.
I don't know what to think

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/14/2023 12:27 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

The glyc is very good.The peaks of more than 200 is a matter of studying them and trying to avoid them or at least reduce them.Do they have a guideline?When do they happen to you?
It happened to me at breakfast because I wasn't left schedules.That is, I ate too soon after clicking on me, with what the food had an effect before the insulin and gave a peak that then went down.I have already controlled it waiting for 30 minutes to eat.
To give you an example.
What is clear is that perfect cannot be and your glyc is very good, it is a matter of going to file details.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/14/2023 8:07 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@"Madrid91": To have good control in addition to glycosylated hemoglobin, other parameters are very important that can only be seen if you have sensor that are time in range and glycemic variability.
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/14/2023 8:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

As you have told you, it is now seen not only the glyd that must be in less than 7 and if possible as close to 6 and if it is even more possible, in a non -diabetic range (5.5 as a limit).You also take into account the percentage of the time in objective, the range in the sensor (if you have it), by default it goes from 70 to 180, for me I do not see logical to consider normal 180, the truth, and I have the range between70 and 140. And in addition, glycemics variability, that is, have a curve as stable as possible, without much peak.
I am all possible to get it with low hydrates food, if not, it is impossible.I use Diabox as an app parallel with the sensor and there, apart from the gly, it also measures the time in rank and the GVI (V glycemic), q must be in 1.5 maximum, I have in this last period 1.6, although my tpoIn rank and glycades are good.It is complicated not to go from a certain figure after eating although it can be achieved.And in terms of complications because logically, everything is close to normal, to the levels of a non -dB, we probab of complications or if there are, less serious and with the possibility of reversion in some cases.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 5:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 5:04 p.m.

@meginer but put the glycemiae 24 hours that is where the peaks are seen three hours of course you look perfect,

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/14/2023 8:24 p.m.

Andrespmat said:
@meginer but put the 24 -hour glycemias that is where the peaks are seen three hours clear that you look perfect,

I do not mean the peaks, I mean that the
variability, it is still higher despite the glyd q is good, to demonstrate that it is not worth only with gyrhade

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 9:54 p.m.

meginer said:

But if it's great, pgs value A+.That is fantastic !!!!I am F- 🥴
I have been able to control

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/17/2023 7:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I fulfill the requirements I have a 77% IRR and a glycemic variability of 28.1% and because these 2 months since September has cost me more to control the glucose, but I had a tir of 85% and a glycemic variability of 24% and a hemOf 6.3% in September, anyway the sensor glycosilad

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
11/18/2023 11:11 a.m.

Sorry for my ignorance, the PGS as soon as it should be and what indicates?By the way I take a beer a day by habit, I do not know if it is very bad for diabetes having good values ​​when I take it, go it does not usually pass 140 when I do it since it is after the gym and helps me to restoreA pelin glycemia before eating (I know you have to be careful to produce hypoglycemia) and glucosilated mo is 6.7 in the 1.1 and GVI sensor and GVI and PGS 10.2 (+) and 6.4 in the analytics.Greetings 👋

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
11/22/2023 1:32 p.m.

Sorry the PGS is at 48.4 (B+) and the GVI in 1.2 (A-)

vigante92's profile photo
vigante92
11/22/2023 1:55 p.m.

Diabetes is considered "well controlled" when blood glucose levels are maintained within the objective range and complications related to the disease are prevented or controlled.This implies maintaining a glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C)prescription medications.It is important to highlight that diabetes control can vary according to individual needs and medical recommendations.Therefore, it is recommended to discuss with the treating doctor what are the appropriate control objectives for each particular person.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
11/22/2023 9:36 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Isabelbota said:
glyc is very good.The peaks of more than 200 is a matter of studying them and trying to avoid them or at least reduce them.Do they have a guideline?When do they happen to you?
It happened to me at breakfast because I wasn't left schedules.That is, I ate too soon after clicking on me, with what the food had an effect before the insulin and gave a peak that then went down.I have already controlled it waiting for 30 minutes to eat.
To give you an example.
What is clear is that perfect cannot be everything and your glyc is very good, it is a matter of getting details.

Hi @isabelbota,

A rookie question.I see in your firm that you have DM2 and Metformina Tomas, although I read in your answer that you do prick insulin.I thought that if you were injected you no longer had to take the pill but you already tell me, thank you.On the other hand I wanted to ask you (and apologize that I get out of the topic @"madrileña91") if with the metformin it works the same as with the insulin punctured, that is, if it is better to take the pill half an hour before the intake or not.I am currently taking two metformin pills 850 mg and I recommended the doctor who took one with lunch and another with dinner but I did not talk about taking it in advance such as for example that they recommended me to do with the eutirox that I take fasting for theMornings.

Sorry for the roll, I read you with attention and thanks in advance.

Greetings : )

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/24/2023 5:06 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

@Crash
Welcome to the forum.
First, the effect of metformin and insulin have nothing to do.The insulin is immediate and that of metformin is more long term.Metformin usually feels bad with an empty stomach, so it is normal to take it after eating.
Regarding my treatment, I explain.
I am type 2 and normally the type 2 secrete insulin, what happens is that some factors (especially excess weight) make it not work because the body creates resistance.Then they send you metformin, which among other things decreases that resistance.
If you are very high at the beginning they also send you insulin to stabilize levels and then leave you only with metformin.
In my case I debuted very high and the header sent me slow insulin and metformin.When I stabilized me that I had to remove the slow one, I did not see it, because if I had left, I wouldn't go with her so well.
Then he saw the endocrine and did evidence to see if I had antibodies (which are the ones that indicate that diabetes is type1) and came out negative and also looked at the C peptide (which indicates the insulin that secretes the pancreas) and came out that it wasalmost exhausted.That is, it was not a resistance problem (among other things weight 50 kg) was that I do not secrete insulin, which I need external.
So the endo told me to continue with insulin and metformin because I have very good results and according to her the best treatment is the one that goes well for a person.
The effect of metformin in my case I have noticed when I have forgotten.It has to put me much less insulin to be fine, and that is better.Here in the forum there is another person with my treatment and we agree that metformin helps despite having to click.
I hope I have explained well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/24/2023 8:01 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.