Pregnancy and intraocular injections

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   11/13/2023 2:53 p.m.

Good afternoon to everyone.

I am very scared since I learned on October 19 that I was pregnant of 6 weeks and just one day before (that is, 18) they put intraocular injections in both eyes.The fact is that the ophthalmologist has told me that this Friday when I go to Tocology decides whether or not to continue with delivery ... that there are risks of malformations in the fetus because of these injections, they are not recommended for pregnant women but there are notstudies that show that they can affect the fetus.That is, there is no exact percentage of the risk that my fetus runs right now ... but they are assumptions in case it is too late.No ophthalmologist has written and everything to the pharmacist to see if they can be more exact with the side effects that could be ...
I am very scared.I would like to know if someone happened to someone as me?Of course I have canceled the rest of the injections, but I am afraid that those that I put in October could affect my baby 😞

Thank you so much...

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
11/13/2023 2:53 p.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32: I think you should urgently go to the gynecologist to see what you think

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/13/2023 3:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Estefaniabc32 maybe a ... has a scarce probability ... You have made phenomenal to paralyze everything.
But as @ricki21 says even if it is without appointment to your gynecologist or endocrine.They will get you out of doubt ... They are the ones who will best advise you!
(I have sent you a private).

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/13/2023 3:17 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Everything depends on why they are putting those injections, are they for a retinopathy?If so and your vision runs, you would have to inform yourself.You have to know if those injections are essential and they are already necessary or you can post them, and what is the risk that you run if you do not put them on.If you have an advanced retinopathy, the retina suffers a lot with pregnancy, in fact to pregnant diabetics, they are monitored by the ophthalmologist also continuously.
When you have all the information, you can make a better decision.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2023 5:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @estefaniabc32 I had to delay my search for pregnancy because I had a macular edema and the ophthalmologist told me that the treatment (intravitreal injections) were not compatible with pregnancy, but he also told me that in the event that I would get pregnant there are alternatives there are alternatives there are alternativesTo that treatment.
I would ask for a second opinion.Where are you from?My ophthalmologist is very good and attends to the FJD of Madrid (public health).

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/15/2023 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

On the other hand, what @meginer says is very important, with a pregnancy the view suffers, you probably cannot have a vaginal delivery because it is in the pujos when you run the most risk but good that this is secondary, the important thing is that both youAs your baby is fine.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/15/2023 12:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.