I'm new and wanting to learn

Salvasan's profile photo   08/20/2023 5:46 p.m.

My name is saved and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1980 at 11 years of age.I see this forum very interesting and I really want to learn.In return, the only thing I can contribute is experience and desire to help.
I see very interesting all the advances that are not few since I debuted in diabetes.But today, and while all those advances are coming, I see that good nut), are necessary together with insulin for good diabetes management.

Thanks in advance.Greetings to all.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
08/20/2023 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!!

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/20/2023 6:14 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Welcome!

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/21/2023 10:09 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Welcome

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/21/2023 11:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome...

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
08/22/2023 12:41 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Hi Salva @Salvasan!

Welcome to the forum!It is a pleasure to have you here.Your experience with type 1 diabetes since 1980 is invaluable for many of us, especially for those who have been recently diagnosed.The trajectory and knowledge that you have acquired over the years is a wealth that will undoubtedly benefit many members of this community.

I completely agree with you that, despite the medical advances, the proper management of diabetes remains a challenge that requires a combination of good nutrition, exercise and, above all, education.It is essential to be well informed and have good support, and forums like this are an excellent way to share and learn together.

I hope you find here answers to your doubts and that, in turn, you can share your wisdom with all of us.Your experience and desire to help are a gift for this community!

A big hug and again, welcome!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
08/22/2023 11:49 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.