{'en': 'Nervousness, anxiety and diabetes. Does glucose upload you?', 'es': 'Nerviosismo, ansiedad y diabetes ¿te suben la glucosa?'} Image

Nervousness, anxiety and diabetes. Does glucose upload you?

maite56's profile photo   08/30/2023 9:01 p.m.

Hello!

I am new, Maite56,

Does it happen to them that even if they diet, if they are very nervous they have high rates?

Greetings!

maite56's profile photo
maite56
08/30/2023 9:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!Diabetes greatly affects the component/emotional part.

I am a very very nervous person, and the glucose at certain times is shot tremendously ... to have the best 70-80 and without eating anything to go through a bad time, a scare, an exam, a disgust and put myself in300 ...

It is so much that for example in my case they sent me a treatment with pills, and with that I greatly reduced the sugar and therefore the hemoglobin.
When we feel nervous or before an event of stress, and anxiety, our body is put on alert, as if they were attacking.It is a basic and incentral system like animals that were,
There is a production at that time of several hormones including cortisol, adrenaline ... and glucose tends to rise since our sympathetic system prepares for the fight/threat to a "threat" sitting in which you have to react quicklyor "prepare for flight."
Glucose is "the gasoline" of the body.

I notice it very much ... very much.
Try to be calm, although it is very easy to say.
Cheer up...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/31/2023 12:17 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Thank you very much Silvia for the comment, you corroborate what I already thought, now I will try to do Yoga to see if it helps me.Greetings.

maite56's profile photo
maite56
08/31/2023 12:33 a.m.

maite56 said:
hello!I am new, Maite56,
It happens to them that even if they diet, if they are very nervous they have the high indexes?

Completely.Stress triggers glucose.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/31/2023 11:54 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks for your comment Isabel.
Do you do something to reduce stress?
Now that I do not work, I am 67 years old and I no longer have "obligations" I have signed up for Yoga, today I begin and I wantAlthough all my life I have been nervous and stressed.Take care of yourself.

maite56's profile photo
maite56
08/31/2023 12:45 p.m.

@maite56 I go to psychology and psychiatry and I do very well, both for anxiety, and for diabetes.
Mental health is very important and as I said goes hand in hand with blood glucose.
A strong hug ... I am very sorry for your loss.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
08/31/2023 1:45 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

maite56 said:
Thank you for your comment Isabel.
Now that I do not work, I am 67 years old and I no longer have "obligations" I have signed up for Yoga, today I begin and I wantAlthough all my life I have been nervous and stressed.Take care of yourself

Very sorry.Surely it is influencing you in everything but you will see how you will overcome it.
And you do well to sign up for Yoga and go to a psychologist.Sign up for everything you can think of and feel like it, that being busy helps not to think and sleep better.And little by little you will feel better and with it your glucose as well.
Much encouragement and a lot of strength.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/31/2023 5:06 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you so much.

maite56's profile photo
maite56
08/31/2023 5:47 p.m.

As you will see we all agree: stress affects, and much, glucose rise.In my case, any disgust or complicated situation makes me upload quickly.I use sport as a psychologist substitute.But this is not since I am diabetic, relatively little, but has been my escape valve for all the conflict situations that we have throughout our lives.Everyone we get to what we see works.One tells you that it was a pure nerve.It is true that, with age, the thing is slowly tempering.Come, courage and you will see how with all certainty you find your own way to reduce that distressing situation.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
09/01/2023 midnight

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I assure you that I will not stop looking for it, I'm glad you found it

maite56's profile photo
maite56
09/01/2023 1:11 a.m.

maite56 said:
Now that I do not work, I am 67 years old and I no longer have "obligations" I have signed up for Yoga, today I begin and I wantAlthough all my life I have been nervous and stressed.Take care of yourself

You can comment with your family doctor, who can give you some soft medication that helps you.
I have seasons in which I have a very good seroxat pill.Reassures and serotonin, which helps to have a good mood
We are chemistry, and hormones sometimes are unbalanced.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2023 3:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I take half orfidal when I am nervous or I have anxiety

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/01/2023 9:53 a.m.

@maite56 do not hesitate to ask for help from a professional, sometimes it is the only way to channel us again.
I spent several years and now I'm stronger.So when I debuted, just after my recovery, I was easy for transit through diabetes.
Keep the mind occupied: reading, activities, visits groups, hiking, walks through cities, sport, etc. The dissipation of the mind helps us day by day.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/01/2023 1:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for the advice, I celebrate that it was easy.
I am delighted with all of you, you are so kind.
May you all have a happy weekend.

maite56's profile photo
maite56
09/01/2023 1:45 p.m.

Meditation also works, I have an app and it helps me a lot

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/01/2023 1:52 p.m.

maite56 said:

Magnesium with dinner relaxes the body to sleep and rest, it could help you the same.
But quality magnesium, citrate, evil or bisglicinato that of Mercadona does not work .....

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/03/2023 3:12 p.m.

Stress is one of the causes through which sugar can rise to you.
The important thing is to bring good control of your diabetes to maximize the impact of stress on your sugar, and above all identify the causes that cause you that stress and try to solve it.

All the best.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
09/04/2023 6:29 p.m.

Thank you, I am trying to control it, but since I am happening a very difficult stage, I suppose I will have to return to the medical and maybe I must increase the dose.

maite56's profile photo
maite56
09/04/2023 7:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.