{'en': 'Who can prescribe insulin', 'es': 'Quien puede recetar la insulina'} Image

Who can prescribe insulin

jleo's profile photo   11/30/2023 3:36 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My son has type 1 diabetes and they are taking him from private insurance, it is an endocrine that we really like his treatment and we don't want to lose it.

Thus, is it possible to continue taking it to the endocrine of private insurance but that insulin recipes are made in the public?

Who should go to the social security pediatrician with the recipe for the private doctor?

Sorry and thanks for your answers.

jleo's profile photo
jleo
11/30/2023 3:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, the social security pediatrician should not put any problem.
My husband has a private insurance and the header makes the recipes that prescribes him in the private.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/30/2023 3:46 p.m.

Thank you !!, do you know if the sensors are also the management?Or should the sensors be asked for another way?
Thank you very much
J.

jleo's profile photo
jleo
11/30/2023 5:01 p.m.

The sensors are usually the endo, the pediatrician must derive you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/30/2023 6:11 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you, I understand that the endocrine even if he does not take you directly if he can manage the request for sensors ... or depends on the endocrine that touches you?

jleo's profile photo
jleo
11/30/2023 6:16 p.m.

@jleo It is best for the endocrine of insurance to make a report and present it to the Pediatrician of the SS.Insulin will be prescribed to you/based on that report and ask you to derive pediatric endocrinology to check you there and assign sensors, strips, bomb .... etc.

Now they do not put them as edges as before in the SS that they did not like we were private.

I started privately and went to the public for the costs.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/30/2023 6:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Of course, the issue is that I would like to continue privately in follow -up and treatment and only use the public for the subject of material: insulin, sensors, etc ...
I think that in the insulin part it is clearer, but I do not know if the sensors give you if you do not visit in a social security endocrine.

jleo's profile photo
jleo
11/30/2023 6:32 p.m.

jleo said:
of course the issue is that I would like to continue privately in follow -up and treatment and only use the public for the subject of material: insulin, sensors, etc ....
I think that in the insulin part it is clearer, but I do not know if the sensors give you if you do not visit in a social security endocrine.

Yes, you have to have the visit with the Endocrin@ of Social Security, in another case you will not have sensors or bombs, because your child will have a bomb.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/30/2023 7:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@jle
You should have your visits there.You do not tell that you are going to continue for the private one, as you will have two visits a year and do not tell you much.If everything goes well, comments analytics and renews you medication.And if it were bad (that it will not be) a second opinion is good for you.
But for them to prescribe you they seem to take you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/30/2023 8:27 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@jleo, to give you the material you will have to belong to the public and prescribe the endo, but, if you also have private insurance, you can continue to carry your endocrine.
I was a mufface, but I chose the public when my daughter debuted, it's all easier and is very well treated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2023 6:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I take it for Social Security, but it is true that sometimes I have any doubt and there is much for the next review with my endo, consults an endocrine of my private insurance.It is an option similar to yours, and it can be very comfortable for your daughter.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
12/01/2023 2:51 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

What I advise is that you are not from one side to another PQ is a fuck.The follow -up itself, better to take one one, or that of the SS or the private.If it is the SS, it will also give you all the material, if it is private, no.
One thing is that of Carussa, that concrete consultations or doubts, go to the private for specific things and another follow -up.
But it is you who chooses.If you like the private so much, you can continue but you will also have to go to the SS if you want to finance the insulins, sensors etc, with what you will always have double consultations, but if you prefer to do so, you can do it.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2023 12:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.