Hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia in DM2

Crash's profile photo   12/01/2023 3:31 p.m.

Are we the most prone DM2 to suffer from hyperglycemia that on the contrary?

Taking into account my current type 2 obesity in which my body has a fat to throw it to use as energy, could you suffer hypoglycemia if you fast one or two days?

Have you experienced any of the two who, like me, are DM2?

A while after having eaten, I notice a certain sweat that is not normal, does it usually happen to you?

Thank you, I wait for your comments.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/01/2023 3:31 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

As long as you do not use insulin, in normal conditions, I will not give you a hypo, even the metformin causes them

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/01/2023 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fantastic.Thanks for the data.

Greetings

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/01/2023 6:32 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

I understand that type 2 diabetics suffer from reactive hypoglycemia.If they make a meal full of hydrates, their pancreas produces industrial amounts of insulin due to resistance to it that these patients have and after a few hours, their glucose can fall more than the account.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/01/2023 9:03 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

But if they make reactive hypoglycemia it is never serious, it recovers alone.Maybe they go to 60 and recover.The problem arises when there is insulin in between, if not, nothing happens.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2023 9:07 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

So that your body burns the fat and turns it into carbohydrates, you should enter ketosis.
With DM2 it is very difficult.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/02/2023 8:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
so that your body burn fat and turn it into carbohydrates, you should enter ketosis.

Do you mean that with a very low or zero diet in CH cetosis could occur?Are ketosis and ketoacidosis the same?

I read the following:

What is ketosis?
When you drastically reduce carbohydrate intake in the diet the body is self -stored fat.The liver uses fat to produce acids called ketones, and these ketones are released again in the bloodstream and are used as a source of energy.

I await your comments.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/02/2023 10:59 p.m.

crash said:
ruthbia said:
so that your body burns the fat and turns it into carbohydrates, you should enter ketosis.

Do you mean that with a very low or zero diet in CH cetosis could occur?Are ketosis and ketoacidosis the same?

I read the following:

What is ketosis?
When you drastically reduce carbohydrate intake in the diet the body is self -stored fat.The liver uses fat to produce acids called ketones, and these ketones are released again in the bloodstream and are used as a source of energy.

I await your comments.

No, it is not the same, of course.A low food in hydrates, can make you enter nutritional ketosis, many of us follow such a pq food allows us to control glycemia and not have so many ups and downs, but that is not dangerous because we have insulin (which we injepe).The dangerous thing is cdo there is hyperglycemia and there is no insulin, as can happen in the.debut or if you have a fat infection, then there may be ketoacidosis, and that is very serious.
In my case my goal is not to enter nutritional ketosis but control blood glucose.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2023 12:27 a.m.

meginer said:

No, it is not the same, of course.A low food in hydrates can make you enter nutritional ketosis, ...

I appreciate the comment @meginer.For what I have read in the you are a doctor.I take advantage of your experience and knowledge if you allow me.

It is clear to me that ketosis is nutritional and ketoacidosis is already a serious pathological matter.

meginer said:
... Many of us follow such a pq food allows us to control the glycemia and not have so many ups and downs, but that is not dangerous because we have insulin (the q we are injected)

I try to understand what you say, give the impression that you explain it for your case or for a DM1.As dm2 I am carrying a diet that does not produce ups and diet but as I have indicated I do not use insulin .I exercise about two hours a day and try to match this exercise after having had breakfast or eaten.I understand that this exercise helps my muscle cells to absorb blood glucose more easily and that it does not accumulate, for example, as a fat in my abdomen.Which will avoid hyperglycemia.

meginer said:
the dangerous is cdo there is hyperglycemia and there is no insulin, as can happen on the.debut or if you have a fat infection, then there may be ketoacidosis, and that is verySerious.

I have also read that when the liver is intense intense, a greater amount of the glucose stored in the bloodstream is released, this raises blood sugar and if it rises too much it is when it can cause diabetic ketoacidosis.

After your comment on infections I have sought about it and the relationship is that an infection or other disease can cause the body to produce higher levels of certain hormones, such as adrenaline or cortisol.These hormones act against the effects of insulin and sometimes cause diabetic ketoacidosis.I understand that this is what you referred to.Which should not happen if we have controlled glucose levels and drink a lot of water to eliminate those ketones.In my case it is, I drink no less than two and a half liters daily and I am controlling the glucose levels with diet and exercise.I usually walk pending ganglia from that of infections but never knows.

What you comment on hyperglycemia without insulin is already more relative to my case since I do not inject insulin .I understand that my pancreas is still operational so it still produces insulin.
If I am right, such as DM2 (specific to this although there will be things that will be similar for DM1) our insulin receptors in the cells are damaged and do not allow the absorption of it and so that the cell can metabolize glucose.And here comes my question, does the exercise stimulate muscle cells so that somehow insulin receptors work again or the metabolization of glucose occurs without these receptors entering into action?

meginer said:
In my case my goal is not to enter nutritional ketosis but control blood glucose.

I understand what you say, although I understand that being in nutritional ketosis could also help control glycemia.

Sorry for the brick, but I want to understand how the disease works and be prepared.I leave it here because I understand that it can be very heavy to be aware of rookies like me.

Greetings and have a great day.I soon have breakfast and walk.I wonder when this routine will end and I answer that never, this is for a lifetime!So another day without dinner pizza.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/03/2023 9:08 a.m.

crash said:
meginer said:

No, it is not the same, of course.A low food in hydrates can make you enter nutritional ketosis, ...

I appreciate the comment @meginer.For what I have read in the you are a doctor.I take advantage of your experience and knowledge if you allow me.

It is clear to me that ketosis is nutritional and ketoacidosis is already a serious pathological matter.

meginer said:
... Many of us follow such a pq food allows us to control the glycemia and not have so many ups and downs, but that is not dangerous because we have insulin (the q we are injected)

I try to understand what you say, give the impression that you explain it for your case or for a DM1.As dm2 I am carrying a diet that does not produce ups and diet but as I have indicated I do not use insulin .I exercise about two hours a day and try to match this exercise after having had breakfast or eaten.I understand that this exercise helps my muscle cells to absorb blood glucose more easily and that it does not accumulate, for example, as a fat in my abdomen.Which will avoid hyperglycemia.

meginer said:
the dangerous is cdo there is hyperglycemia and there is no insulin, as can happen on the.debut or if you have a fat infection, then there may be ketoacidosis, and that is verySerious.

I have also read that when the liver is intense intense, a greater amount of the glucose stored in the bloodstream is released, this raises blood sugar and if it rises too much it is when it can cause diabetic ketoacidosis.

After your comment on infections I have sought about it and the relationship is that an infection or other disease can cause the body to produce higher levels of certain hormones, such as adrenaline or cortisol.These hormones act against the effects of insulin and sometimes cause diabetic ketoacidosis.I understand that this is what you referred to.Which should not happen if we have controlled glucose levels and drink a lot of water to eliminate those ketones.In my case it is, I drink no less than two and a half liters daily and I am controlling the glucose levels with diet and exercise.I usually walk pending ganglia from that of infections but never knows.

What you comment on hyperglycemia without insulin is already more relative to my case since I do not inject insulin .I understand that my pancreas is still operational so it still produces insulin.
If I am right, such as DM2 (specific to this although there will be things that will be similar for DM1) our insulin receptors in the cells are damaged and do not allow the absorption of it and so that the cell can metabolize glucose.And here comes my question, does the exercise stimulate muscle cells so that somehow insulin receptors work again or the metabolization of glucose occurs without these receptors entering into action?

meginer said:

I understand what you say, although I understand that being in nutritional ketosis could also help control glycemia.

Sorry for the brick, but I want to understand how the disease works and be prepared.I leave it here because I understand that it can be very heavy to be aware of rookies like me.

Greetings and have a great day.I soon have breakfast and walk.I wonder when this routine will end and I answer that never, this is for a lifetime!So another day without dinnerPizza.

I try to answer in parts
DB ketoacidosis only occurs in type 1, type 2 can also have another very serious alteration that is hyperosmolar coma, but not ketoacidosis PQ so that the latter is necessary hyperglycemia while lack of insulin insulin, the twoThings together.A type 2 diabetic does not have a priori insulina resistance of that its own insulin and a malfunction of it.
But a DB type 1 can perform a low food in hydrates and thus the control is better PQ needs little exogenous insulin and that makes the control better, do not have so many high ups and downs. It is more difficult to make mistakes with the dose.You can enter ketosis but it is not what is sought in a type 1 but in a type 2 you can also enter nutritionYour reserve will last more and also, there will be less insulin in the blood and therefore less fat (insulin is an anabolical hormone, there is an excess of hydrates in the diet, your pancreas produces a lot of insulin and puts glucose in the cells in the cellsBut as it is going to be left over, it is stored in the form of fat).For type 2 DB, this type of food is quite beneficial, so, and insulin resistance is decreased that is fundamental.

To what do you exercise intense, you can enter cetacidosis, it is not.
I already tell you that an impossible type.
If it is a very anaerobic exercise, stress hormones that glycemia can rise are produced but a DB 2 produces and compensates and a type 1 puts it (fast and slow, with what could upload something but not produce ketoacidosis as it is notOne left the tto with insulin.Pretty tpo with an intense anaerobic, ne put a unit or one and a half of insulin before, but carefully, what I do is that that unit then took it out of the dose before dinner, because I know that I will lower me later.

And the latter, infections make insulin resistance increase, in type 2 nothing is usually increased by production, you can have somewhat higher blood glucose but in a type 1 like all insulin is external administration,You may have to put the usual dose three and four times. It seems that it was water.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/03/2023 8:10 p.m.

How well explained @meginer!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/03/2023 11:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I thank you for the wide answer @meginer :).

Although I had already been clear about the issue of ketosis and ketoacidosis.Do not worry, in January I have a visit with my doctor and I will sew it for questions that for that is my doctor.

I understand that the issue of cell and molecular biology is very complex, although I am reading a lot about it and I have clarified doubts in reference to the insulin receptors that I had asked you.But don't worry, as my doctor clarifies, when I see her if I don't find out before.
In fact I have seen that receivers recover insulin sensitivity doing what I am doing now, taking care of more and improving the lifestyle to a healthier one: sleep enough, exercise more, reduce stress, lose weight, eatMore healthy fiber, add more vegetables to the diet, reduce carbohydrates, etc.

And today when I get out of the scale I have seen that I am on a very good way.

meginer said:

... Type 2 can also have another very serious alteration that is the hyperosmolar coma

Yes, this three quarters of the same thing we had already commented.Being well hydrated, low salt diet There is no problem.I see that this usually happens to older people when they spend a lot of heat and suffer dehydration.It is not the case.

In fact, my initial question was already clarified thanks to @diabestico, @ENSALADA E @isabelbota: Smile:

"Are we the most prone DM2 to suffer from hyperglycemia that on the contrary?"

I said, thank you very much.

P.D: "If you can't explain it to a 6 -year -old boy then you don't understand it" Albert Einstein.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/04/2023 11:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.