Glucometers and strips

Ricki21's profile photo   12/01/2023 3:52 p.m.

In my insurance company (Adeslas) they have told me that from now on they will only give me 2 boxes of 50 strips a year because they give me sensors.I have not started crying but almost: 6 boxes of annual strips have gone to 2.
I use the freestyle reader as a glucometer and the strips are quite expensive.A box costs more than € 40 in pharmacy.I have not found them on the Internet.
I am thinking of buying a new glucometer that goes with cheaper strips and that is reliable.Can you recommend me?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/01/2023 3:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

A question.If you use the freestyle sensor, what do you want glucometer for?Doesn't the Freestyle give you the 24h glucose readings through the app?Excuse my ignorance if it's a silly question @ricki21

Greetings and encouragement

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/01/2023 5:23 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Sometimes there are sensors that do not work well and mark you, for example, that you have hypoglycemia.You make a capillary and you are perfectly.If you only pay attention to the sensor and eat, you are going to hyperglycemia

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/01/2023 5:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

crash said:
a question.If you use the freestyle sensor, what do you want glucometer for?Doesn't the Freestyle give you the 24h glucose readings through the app?Excuse my ignorance if it's a silly question @ricki21

Greetings and encouragement

The sensor does not measure blood glucose, measures interstitial liquid to which glucose is filtered by capillarity.Sometimes it is accurate and sometimes not.
In the sensor instructions they recommend making a capillary before "acting."I explain myself, if you mark 60, before eating anything, if you are not wrong, you measure yourself with glucometer.And maybe you are in 85 and you don't need to eat.Or it gives you 190 (value with which you would put insulin) and you are 150 and you would not do anything because you know you are going to download it.They are differences that are not considered great (it is the same to be at 100 than to 120, you do nothing, or 210 than 230, you put the same insulin) but when they are at the limit of scoring hiccups or hyper you have to check.
The unfair thing is that they do not give strips when the sensor instructions are to measure when the result does not fit.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2023 9:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Ricki21
I have the vital Amazon exactive that measures me the same as the social security and the strips are cheaper (thirty -so many euros 100 strips).And surely they give you more options.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/01/2023 9:29 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello!I have a doubt, what is a capillary?Forgive my ignorance but nobody explained it to me, debate two years ago but nobody has told me anything to capillary.Thank you so much!

mariajosejuarez's profile photo
mariajosejuarez
12/01/2023 10:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

marjosejuarez said:
hello!I have a doubt, what is a capillary?Forgive my ignorance but nobody explained it to me, debate two years ago but nobody has told me anything to capillary.Thank you very much!

It is when you click on a finger to get a drop of blood and measure the amount of blood sugar with the glucometer.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/01/2023 11:13 p.m.

ricki21 said:
In my insurance company (Adeslas) they have told me that from now on they will only give me 2 boxes of 50 strips a year because they give me sensors.I have not started crying but almost: 6 boxes of annual strips have gone to 2.
I use the freestyle reader as a glucometer and the strips are quite expensive.A box costs more than € 40 in pharmacy.I have not found them on the Internet.
I am thinking of buying a new glucometer that goes with cheaper strips and that is reliable.Can you recommend me?

I would advise you that when you go to Adeslas you ask for a claim sheet and expose what they have told you, the strips have to give you the ones that need, another thing is that you waste them, and if necessary go to the mutual andExpose your complaints.

Algameca's profile photo
Algameca
12/02/2023 12:10 p.m.

I buy the optium strips for freestyle reader at Amazon.There are 21 Eur the 50.
The SS no longer supplies Abbott in Madrid.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/02/2023 8:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The dictatorship imposed by pharmacists and mutuals is ancient.And nobody does anything to prevent it.All for the pasta!:neutral:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/03/2023 2:40 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

It is the first time that I hear that sanitary mutuals give glucometer strips.I am from Sanitas.Even what I know is only social security and in Catalonia only to those who are injected insulin.I buy glucometers and strips in Amazon of the brand Sinocare because they are the most economical.I am type 2 and I am only with metformin, but as I have as a diabetic peripheral neuropathy gift, in the account that brings me I buy the strips I need, since this has no cure.
Greetings and luck

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
12/03/2023 9:37 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Hello, I am the mother of a type 1 diabetic, debuted two weeks ago, so I still don't know much.
But from what they have told us and we see, the contour Next and its strips are the ones that require less blood, which is important for a child.
In Amazon the strips are cheaper.But they are still expensive.
We live in Madrid, and in the health center they give us another sensor (the glucomen) that requires much more blood and for my son, which is also very skinny, it is a bit to deck (it does not come out much blood and ends throwing more strips).

madreDMT1's profile photo
madreDMT1
12/03/2023 9:46 p.m.

Madre de adolescente DM1 (nacido en 2008), con DM1 desde 17/11/2023
Abasaglar 19
80-150 Raciones HC/día, dependiendo mucho de los planes y del deporte.
Sensor FreeStyle Libre 3
Madrid

phosphorero said:
is the first time I hear that sanitary mutuals give glucometer strips.I am from Sanitas.Even what I know is only social security and in Catalonia only to those who are injected insulin.I buy glucometers and strips in Amazon of the brand Sinocare because they are the most economical.I am type 2 and I am only with metformin, but as I have as a diabetic peripheral neuropathy gift, in the account that brings me I buy the strips I need, since this has no cure.
Greetings and luck

They give them, dan, but under the same premises as in the public: with insulin.I know because my mother is from DKV for Muphaz, and they only started glycometer and throws when they put insulin, first nothing at all.I have public and pay insurance for reviews of other things and neither in one nor in another because I have no insulin guidance.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/03/2023 9:55 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.