{'en': 'Tired of hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Cansado de hiperglucemias'} Image

Tired of hyperglycemia

mariomn's profile photo   12/05/2023 1:46 a.m.

Hello,

Today I come to seek moral support (more than advice).

These last weeks go several times that I forget to put the slow insulin and as a consequence, I spend it over 300 those nights, and for the day, it is hard for me to get out of 200.

In addition, for several months, I feel that my ratio has changed and I smell a lot more insulin (1'5 or 1'6 for each ration), and that I put 30, which I think is very much.

Nor do I consider me to eat badly, I just don't usually restrict things because I feel that I would end up developing a TCA with food and I don't want that (I do not hit chucheías or anything like that style, or like almost anything between hours)

I know the things that I do wrong, to forget the insulin is fatal, but in recent months I have had many personal problems and I am very depressed, and added to the whole issue of hyperglycemia, I feel even worse.

I had a glyc of 5'6 or so, and now I mark a 6'9 glyc, and I am scared.

I know it is something that I can change with effort, but what I said, I do not come here to look for advice if not to vent a little and hear your similar experiences.

How do you encourage you in times?

When everything seems to go fatal around and to top it off, you have to take care of this happy disease ...

I also wanted to ask if you think that the ratio I have is too much, and if 30 basal is a lot ... I have no diabetic reference in the family or among friends.

In case it is, I am 23 years old and I have been diabetic for less than 2 years.

I know that I have a lot ahead and that this will improve, but I need some support and your encouragement ...

Or at least for your experiences and not feel so alone.

Thank you very much for reading, I don't know what I would do without this forum ...

mariomn's profile photo
mariomn
12/05/2023 1:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is possible that you were still producing some insulin and that is why you will need less.Basal 20-30 is normal, you just have to see the signature of those who are best controlled.And many other diabetics are double.

It is also happening to me lately that it depresses me to be in hyperglycemia (and above my free3 it usually marks me more than the capillary)

And I am trying to reduce carbohydrates.At the moment I only do it at dinner.In food and breakfast I always take some sweet.

He thinks that I have been 27 years diabetic, always eating what I have wanted and I don't apparently have problems for it.And also many times I have fallen asleep without clicking the night (when I woke up I correct quickly and already)

So you with only 2 years of evolution and today with better devices and insulins you should not worry too much.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/05/2023 2:42 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Mariomn
Much encouragement.It is normal to have bad gusts and that affects us to the disease, we are people.But it is clear that you know how to control it and this is just a bad moment.
In low times I always think that tomorrow it will be better, than the moments of happiness pass, the sad moments too.
I know you don't ask for tips but put alarms for the slow one, I have them in case the flies.That we already have enough "paranormal" phenomena that cause us hypers to add a "normal" one that is not to put the slow.
Well, what is said, courage and see how everything happens.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/05/2023 8:13 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hi @Mariomn
So you are having a bad streak.When one is depressed or suffers episodes of anxiety, cortisol rises.Cortisol is stress hormone and one of its effects is insulin resistance.Another is the difficulty in attention.
That explains why you need more insulin and why you forget to put the basal.
Do not judge yourself for it.Put on the insulin you need seems a lot or little, do not compare yourself with other diabetics.
This is a bump, it will happen to you and it will be easier to control your glucose, as before.Give yourself time.
Some simple things can help you feel better: put an alarm on the mobile for the time of basal insulin.Exposing the sun, you will see that comfort is to turn a day and sit a little in a bank with your face in the sun.Be patient, it really is a passenger, you will not spend in one day or two, but it will happen.Love yourself a lot and take care of yourself.If you need relief writes here, some of us will always have a little while to dedicate yourself.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/05/2023 8:47 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Mariomn, you can put the alarm on your mobile so as not to forget and the slow one you can put it in the morning or at night, when you come best.
If you are at 6.9 it is no disaster, and you will improve it as soon as you are encouraged.
If you see that you are pretending, tell your doctor, that there are soft treatments that help a lot.
Talking to someone friend also helps, everyone goes through bad gusts.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2023 8:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Mariomn: To be encouraged to send you these two publications by Serafín Murillo in which he speaks of slow insulin.It is very important that you do not forget to put it on.If you carry the sugar at bay, your mood will also improve

Link
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/05/2023 9:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Mariomn You are aware that you forget the slow and that brings consequences that you could avoid and are the ones that make you enter this state of mind ... as the classmates tell you, put an alarm, as soon as you return "to normal"In the glycemia you will see everything from another prism ... I have also been diabetic and I do not seem exaggerated the insulin needs you have, you will be realizing that this goes for times ... I had me 2 weeks ago I hadthat download from 1.8 at meals to 1.5 .... you have to play ... in summer you will surely need less ... and a 6.9 glycate is not bad!You will not have complications for this figure and do not scratch you because this is something temporary, I see you very aware that you have to improve it.
Have you valued the possibility of putting the pump?Mentally I have downloaded a lot and here you can forget to put the slow one, since she is supplying it according to needs throughout the day.
Cheer up!We carry little in this and understand those who suffer from it that is exhausting and another extra job that we carry, but it is what has unfortunately touched us ... You are not alone.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/05/2023 10:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mariomn you see that many happen to us ... So you are not alone, although you now feel it like that.
It is not wrong to complain, and sometimes it is very necessary, but whenever we do not stagnate there.
I feel the same as you, already in itself we all have day -to -day problems, of everyday life, and above our backpack of diabetics that you take it anywhere.
You are sad, discouraged, without wanting to do anything Peeeeero you have to take care of you.There are no vacation, or days off in this and there are days that is torture.

I am not going to give you any advice regarding the control of diabetes which is what you ask.I will only tell you how I live with those days or seasons in which I "dragging":
• Try to get minutitos for you.When they are.Take a walk, give you the air and the sun (the little that is) in the face.
If you can take a walk, better.This releases endorphins, serotonin, and reduces cortisol.
• Put on cheerful music, you like and motivate you.
• Within the "normal" give yourself a caprichito.
• Talk to friends/family, with us or ask for professional help.No problem.Talking about our sorrows helps a lot to understand and relieve the situation.
• And above all don't be so hard with yourself.We all fail, sometimes other things require our attention ... we cannot be 100%, perfect.We are not machines.We are human.
You are doing it very well.6'9 is not terrible and has a solution.
The important thing is that you improve as an encouragement, with that: everything improves.

Come!You see telling us how is it?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/05/2023 11:35 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Hi @Mariomn, you see that you are not alone, none are alone in this forum.I appreciate every day to have found this community.

I can't help you about hyperglycemia
Because I have not suffered them but with the low mood.
We will always have bad days or seasons, it is almost inevitable.Tell you that for many spirits that we are only going to leave the well, at your pace.
What the companions told you, exercise is the best medicine for depression, do things, whatever, anything that makes you keep your mind distracted.I have checked and works, better than antidepressants.When the soldiers returned from the war, it was found that a high percentage of them returned morally (what is now known as posttraumatic stress disorder) and in many cases what worked better than some medicines was to put them to do things, keep them active,Maintain mental focus on something other than our own negative thoughts, ultimately make them feel useful.

When I have been depressed or low in moral, I was aware of how bad I was and I knew that if I was going to go around and started walking then I felt a little better.Knowing my tendency to leave everything for tomorrow, and more in those circumstances, I already put the sports clothes when I got up and so, or before breakfast or later, I "dragged" me to the door of the house and I started walking.What the companions, the sunlight, the street activity, what I like the most is to see a dog and stop to caress it, the animals transmit more confidence and peace than most people.

Nothing that nobody tells you will make you react, only you can do it and you can only do it if you start, if you do the job, if you start to walk and move.

I send you a big hug!Only you can!Try it!

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/05/2023 2 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

@Mariomn Surely you have heard that of:
"There is no harm that 100 years will last, or body that supports it"

Bad times?Many with and without diabetes.
How to overcome them?Well, in my case, the time worse, 4 years of psychologist, but look now I am very strong.So my balance is positive 100%

Bad days, lately many because I want to lose weight and instead of depriving myself, I'm more hungry.Then I get the regrets and I do not sleep, so I am tired at all hours.

We all carry a cross.

For insulin, I put on alarms, I don't need it now, I put it with dinner, at any time.
And boy 6.9 Not so badly, better times will come.
With 23 years you have a lot to live, enjoy and learn.I change my 50 for your 23 😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/05/2023 9:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

crash said:
hello @mariomn, you see that you are not alone, none are alone in this forum.I appreciate every day to have found this community.

I can't help you about hyperglycemia
Because I have not suffered them but with the low mood.
We will always have bad days or seasons, it is almost inevitable.Tell you that for many spirits that we are only going to leave the well, at your pace.
What the companions told you, exercise is the best medicine for depression, do things, whatever, anything that makes you keep your mind distracted.I have checked and works, better than antidepressants.When the soldiers returned from the war, it was found that a high percentage of them returned morally (what is now known as posttraumatic stress disorder) and in many cases what worked better than some medicines was to put them to do things, keep them active,Maintain mental focus on something other than our own negative thoughts, ultimately make them feel useful.
When I have been depressed or morale, I was aware of how bad I was and I knew that if I was going to turn around and started walking then I felt a little better.Knowing my tendency to leave everything for tomorrow, and more in those circumstances, I already put the sports clothes when I got up and so, or before breakfast or later, I "dragged" me to the door of the house and I started walking.What the companions, the sunlight, the street activity, what I like the most is to see a dog and stop to caress it, the animals transmit more confidence and peace than most people.

Nothing that nobody tells you will make you react, only you can do it and you can only do it if you start, if you do the job, if you start to walk and move.

I send you a big hug!Only you can!Try it!

@Crash, you are a crack !!!
I admire you

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
12/05/2023 9:19 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

What do you say @fosphorero!I am only defective material, a Purette Cascarrabias with many kilos on the fighting against its own antisocial character and now against the DM2.Nothing to admire, believe me.
I send you an affectionate greeting companion!

How are you @mariomn?Here one who has just arrived from walking my 11,091 steps have been today, almost 8 km distributed in 1h 14 in the morning and 1h 28 in the afternoon/night, slowly marches than yesterday by the pain in the heel but with the dutiesfacts fall asleep better.Another reason to go for a walk, you will end up and you will reconcile something better sleep.

Until tomorrow: Smile:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/05/2023 9:43 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.