{'en': 'When to measure glucose, past 1 hour or past 2 hours?', 'es': '¿Cuando medir la glucosa, pasada 1 hora o pasadas 2 horas?'} Image

When to measure glucose, past 1 hour or past 2 hours?

Marisa123's profile photo   01/25/2024 5:48 p.m.

Hello everyone.

As I am new in this and I follow this forum closely, I have a doubt due to the different testimonies I read.

I am a bit of the issue of sugar measurements after meals.

I understand that the measurement of fasting sugar is simple: you get up and do it.

But what about the measurements after meals?

I see that some of you mention that they are measured 1 hour later ... I have always indicated to measure it at 2 hours.

Is the value of the sugar a lot between the hour and 2 hours after eating?

Marisa123's profile photo
Marisa123
01/25/2024 5:48 p.m.

Diabética tipo 2 desde hace poco, introduciendo la insulina en mi vida.

Mind yourself at 2 hours, when the bolus is supposed to have passed to blood, we are going that the stomach has processed.
At the time it is not yet a stable value.
Ideally, be below 180 at 2 hours.And much better if you are in Normaglycemia or as close as possible

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2024 6:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

But sometimes the biggest peak is done at the time, according to what you eat that looks good with the sensor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2024 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
but sometimes the biggest peak is done at the time, according to what you eat that looks good with the sensor.

And sometimes at 4 hours if you eat fat ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
01/25/2024 6:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

marisa123 said:
Hello everyone!As I am new in this and I follow this forum closely, I have a doubt because from so much reads and see different testimonies I get a little crazy with that of the sugar measurements after meals.
The one to measure the fasting sugar has no loss, you get up and do it, but after the meals ???I see people who say that you do it 1 hour later ... at all times they indicated to measure it at 2 hours.
The value of 1 hour to the value of 2 hours varies greatly?

Link Style = "Max-Width:300px;

You have to measure at 2 hours after eating.

Differences between measuring at the time or at two hours can be quite considerable.

If you are diabetic you can be in 170 when it starts to eat and be at 100 at two hours.That if you have succeeded with the insulin relationship/hydrates rations, of course.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
01/25/2024 6:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Two hours after starting food.If you want to make a punctual check of a certain food, you can do it at the time and compare at two hours.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
01/25/2024 9:25 p.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

You have to take into account the type of digestion you do, I am of slow digestion and at the time just started, the important thing is to always do it in the same time, if it is an hour or if it is two

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
01/26/2024 9:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The moment in which you must measure your blood glucose after eating depends on your glycemic control goals and the type of diabetes you have.Here are some general guidelines:

After 1 hour: If you are interested in controlling how your meals affect your blood glucose levels, you can consider measuring your glucose approximately one hour after starting eating.This will give you an idea of ​​how your body is processing carbohydrates and other nutrients from that specific meal.

After 2 hours: Many people with diabetes use glucose measurement 2 hours after eating as a reference to assess how their body handles food over time.This is a common practice recommended by health organizations and medical professionals.

Depending on the glycemic control objective: if you are following a specific treatment plan or have blood glucose goals established by your doctor, you may need to measure your glucose levels at other times, such as before eating, before bedSpecific moments during the day.

Remember that it is important to talk to your health doctor or professional to determine the right time to measure your blood glucose levels, as well as to establish specific glycemic control objectives for your individual situation.It is also essential to take into account other factors, such as the quantity and type of food you consume, the physical activity you do and any medication you are taking, since all these can affect your blood glucose levels.

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
02/11/2024 7:27 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.