{'en': 'I am overwhelmed because my husband has diabetes 1 and he is driving me crazy', 'es': 'Estoy agobiada porque mi marido tiene diabetes 1 y me está volviendo loca'} Image

I am overwhelmed because my husband has diabetes 1 and he is driving me crazy

marilyn8040's profile photo   09/16/2023 1 a.m.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that affects glucose metabolism and is characterized by the lack of insulin production in the body.Although type 1 diabetes is not directly related to frontotemporal dementia, both conditions can coexist in a person, especially in older people who can develop multiple health problems over time.

Type 1 diabetes, if not controlled properly, can have a negative impact on long -term brain health.Fluctuations in blood sugar levels can contribute to cognitive and memory problems in some people with type 1 diabetes, especially if they experience hypoglycemia episodes (low blood sugar levels) regularly.

If a person with type 1 diabetes experiences significant changes in your personality, behavior or cognitive functions, it is essential that you consult a health professional, preferably that you consult your endocrinologist.These changes could be due to multiple factors, such as inadequate management of diabetes, additional health problems or, in rare cases, the coexistence of another medical condition, such as frontotemporal dementia.An accurate diagnosis and adequate medical care are essential to address any concern in relation to the behavior and cognition of a person with type 1 diabetes.

You do not have to expect abuse or this type of problem, but on the other hand, it could be related to a medical condition.You need to see your doctor and planet the problem to see if the doctor has any suggestion or recommendation, treatment or even see the need that is visited to a therapist.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/24/2023 4:51 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

matrix said:
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that affects glucose metabolism and is characterized by the lack of insulin production in the body.Although type 1 diabetes is not directly related to frontotemporal dementia, both conditions can coexist in a person, especially in older people who can develop multiple health problems over time.

Type 1 diabetes, if not controlled properly, can have a negative impact on long -term brain health.Fluctuations in blood sugar levels can contribute to cognitive and memory problems in some people with type 1 diabetes, especially if they experience hypoglycemia episodes (low blood sugar levels) regularly.

If a person with type 1 diabetes experiences significant changes in your personality, behavior or cognitive functions, it is essential that you consult a health professional, preferably that you consult your endocrinologist.These changes could be due to multiple factors, such as inadequate management of diabetes, additional health problems or, in rare cases, the coexistence of another medical condition, such as frontotemporal dementia.An accurate diagnosis and adequate medical care are essential to address any concern in relation to the behavior and cognition of a person with type 1 diabetes.

You do not have to expect abuse or this type of problem, but on the other hand, it could be related to a medical condition.You need to see your doctor and planet the problem to see if the doctor has any suggestion or recommendation, treatment or even see the need that is visited to a therapist.

The theory is very good, but in practice my husband does not recognize or be aware of having any problem and goes to the doctor alone.I think it would be no more to do a protocol and in long -evolving diabetes (30 years) to perform some cognitive test every 5 or 10 years.I am tied hands and foot, or I divorce or endure with everything as long as the issue is not more serious and the family and doctors are evident.In this I am alone.
The endocrine sees it 15 minutes every 3 or 6 months and all good according to glycosilada.And it is not so.Or live with him or do not realize not to be for something casual.
This comes little by little and so I am, assuming and meditating on it.
It is sad to see how he looks lost every time he does one, because he does not do it on purpose.And he says they are simple dismissals and gets defensive and fits me with me.When the mistakes are continuous and affect the security of those around you, it becomes difficult.
It is sad and is assuming to load with this responsibility or not.
Actually this can happen to anyone and any marriage, the problem is that my husband is still very young, and me too.And I see myself in the long term fighting with his bad mood and the world falls on me.I feel like shit, because nobody values ​​or recognizes anything I do and today it is already a daily struggle and it is as if all my effort in broken sack because not even he thanks me.
And nothing makes sense at this point in my life.
Actually the one who seeks divorce is himself, because he ignores me.If it were to the doctor and any problem was already discarded, a matter arranged, he loses nothing.But he doesn't want to.
I spend the days compensating for their shortcomings, fixing their failures and organizing everything.His life is me, I do it and I think everything, little by little I assumed everything and more and now I feel that I will betray and abandon him.But I am not me, I am empty, it seems that I live in its shadow.I have let myself be squeezed, it is reality.I have adapted to him to take care of him and have lost my life and the worst thing is that according to himI have done nothing because according to him, I don't need help and I am exaggerating.
If I recognized it in plan "Thank you for supporting me when I need it, thanks for being there, thanks for helping me in what I need" for me it would be very rewarding.But it refuses and that sinks me.Also if I recognized it, I could go to the neurologist and maybe with some treatment to improve, I don't know.It would also be very rewarding for me to tell these problems and someone understood me, I feel very alone.
I can't go to an association if you have nothing diagnosed. What do I say?Where do I go?I would have to say "I think my husband has cognitive failures but does not recognize him or have them diagnosed" What does that make that?
This stage of my life is horrible.
There are many things that I could count, lately it has no initiative to do anything, it carries a rigid routine, it looks like a robot.And he has a lot of apathy and speaks very little, I have to ask him to communicate with me or his family.It does not speak.I just visit your family when I tell you to see them, and I have to remember to take anything they asked for, you forget everything.The same does have affected memory but for certain things it has very good memory, dates and names.
They should do some type of cognitive test in endocrinology, a screening to people who meet certain criteria, or directly a CT or resonance.But they will not do it because it is a health expense.
And I am swallowing and assuming this problem alone.And surviving how I can and taking care of it even if it does not recognize it, but it is a reality.
And there are things that are very serious, negligence of the day to day I will not count here.And I charge with all the responsibility and work and I am exhausted.It seems that I live with a 6 -year -old boy in some aspects.It is very strange.My family always told me "It is that some men are like that" and they took importance to everything, but no, it is more than that.
I'm sorry to extend so much.The truth is that I already went to the psychologist twice and both recommended me divorce.I know that I have emotional dependence and it is difficult, everything is difficult.
If I divorce the whole environment, I would take over, I don't know what happens but everyone supports him and they want me to take care of him.I don't understand why I am very hump also, who cares for me? !!I am tired of pulling the car.Everything does not matter.
Also if you don't want me to be together, none makes no sense.Maybe with another couple would be happier and would be more motivated and animated.I also think about it.

marilyn8040's profile photo
marilyn8040
09/24/2023 8:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My father -in -law had frontotemporal dementia.Before the diagnosis, my mother -in -law threatened her children with an imminent divorce, if they did not convince her father to go to the neurologist.They pay more attention to them.I believe that by not living with him, he did not get so defensive.Maybe it is your political family who should take the step.But come on, complicated situation.Much encouragement.It is a very complicated situation

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
09/25/2023 12:27 p.m.

@Marilyn8040 First you and then you.
If you are not right, you can't help others.
Divorce is not the end and the environment is the least.There they will show you who really love you.
Go to your family and friends, not those of your surroundings.(I did it, it was hard, several years have passed and now I am calm and happy with the life I lead)

Do not blame yourself, we all have a limit, it's a matter of survival;If you continue like this, you will end with a psychiatrist or internship.

Living with dementia is very difficult and the caregiver needs psychological help.

The endocrine are not responsible for mental states, this you have to do with their head doctor, with him if you can talk, you can ask for an appointment or you ask for the same doctor he has, so you take an appointment for you and tell you about yourHusband, let him tell you how to proceed.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2023 6:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Marilyn8040 And maybe the social services of the outpatient?Or with the header and guide you?
It will be difficult for him to go to any of them or the neurologist to be tested ...

I guess yes, but have you given the ultimatum?To tell him, or do you go to the doctor or this is over?But not in the midst of a discursion or reproach, but address him when he is calm ... even if he tells you that you are an exaggerated and such ...
Tell him: hey, this happens, the situation is unsustainable ... or you go, or we already take measures to distance ourselves ...

Of course, you are not going to have your family, you don't look for it, it is phenomenal to "take care of you" and have you "load".
And your family ... if you don't understand it, then ...
The important thing is that you are happy.I understand that it is very difficult for us to think of all this, because we do not live your situation every day ... but you comment that you are young ... if so ... how can coexistence be and he in 5-10 years ...
If you love him, (I don't talk to you) try ... and tell him that you have to get out of this;If there is nothing inside you ... You must load value ... (I think you have no children) before spending more time, because everything will be done more difficult.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/25/2023 6:35 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Thank you for the tips.

marilyn8040
09/25/2023 7:05 p.m.

Hello good my son was the same because our doctor emphasized the food and cooked healthType of diabetic food and very well explained and classified and so you can search a little for their tastes, since I make the recipes that are super easy and practical to others that the book comes with bonus and assistance from El Creator for doubtsThat you have, for the price that this is a bargain is at half price and has more than 200 recipes of all kinds and all super healthy and easy to do

LomejorParalomejor's profile photo
LomejorParalomejor
10/12/2023 5:08 p.m.

lomejorparalomejor said:
hello good my son was the same because our doctor emphasized the food and cook him healthy and thus cooked him so he remained in a bad mood and with broncas untilThat I bought a book that saved my life, has all kinds of food for diabetics and very well explained and classified and so you can look a little for their tastes, since I make the recipes that are super easy and practical to others thatThe book comes with bonus and assistance from El Creator for the doubts you have, for the price that this is a bargain is at half price and has more than 200 recipes of all kinds and all super healthy and easy to do

Well.What I have noticed is that sometimes it is irritable and is because of a slight dehydration.Because I have read that there may be sodium loss in hypers.And I recognize it because he looks his eyes a bit "sunk."And when I add more salt to meals or tell him to take some serrano ham or an isotonic.And I notice that he has a tendency to this, although he denies it but I have no doubt.And that puts it in a bad mood and fatigued.In fact, he took treatment for hypertension and came a day that they had to take it out because he did not need, on the contrary.
This is very personal, each diabetic is different.

marilyn8040
10/12/2023 6:54 p.m.

Another thing also happens to my husband.For 2 years he has something similar to anorexia.He lost a lot because he does not want to eat, he says he is not hungry and does not need to eat.But it looks quite thin.
I read that Covid sometimes causes this and may have a relationship because it has never been so thin.
And maybe this influences its irritability?I ask myself this question sometimes.
I even have to throw sermons to eat more, this is sinvivir.
It seems that he does not eat for not putting more insulin, but he carries the pump.But it takes it with a lot of stress, I think it gives it stress to have to change it and it does not eat anymore to change it as little as possible.It also happened to him with the measurements.It was not measured by not puncturing his finger.I think he has not accepted or assumed yet.But I tell him that if he needs it, go to the psychologist and he doesn't want to.He doesn't want to do anything, it's a stubborn.
Everything affects me, because once they asked if I gave him a bad life because he was very thin and was silent.And I carry that inside.Because he doesn't eat for not putting more insulin.And I do the food and it is delicious and I have to throw leftovers every day !!!And he is also in a bad mood and tired, he does not want to go anywhere, everything is lazy.He doesn't want to move on not having to eat and he doesn't get down him.This is crazy.
I try a lot but this man seeks to be alone, he is pushing me to depression.You just have to eat and you don't want to.It is in caloric deficit, it is very thin.
I make low fat food, little fried, and very balanced.But I am not thin, I am very good.But he doesn't even eat enough protein.If I do 6 fillets, you eat 2 and I others 2 and the rest is left over, when he should eat them because he needs them.It is very frustrating.And I cook very well, very well, the food I do is rich because I also like to eat healthy and rich.
So I am every day.And what I noticed is that he loves that he insists that he eats, as is a mother-son relationship.And I am very very fed up with his attitude.It looks like a stubborn baby.

marilyn8040
10/16/2023 8:27 a.m.

And the analytics give him perfect, he is like a bull, but his problem is that he is depressed I think.It also appears to be very quiet but no, it is very nervous and carries it inside, because when you have to put insulin or measure yourself it becomes very tense and squeezes the jaw.Even when you go to enter or leave home, I looked at my jaw a lot.You also notice a lot for being so thin.
I think he has a lot of anxiety and I also told him to go to the doctor and when I tell him, he replies that I go.And I am not on top of the day, at most perhaps once a week I tell him that he should consult everything that happens to him.
I think it's my fault, but it's not.In addition, his mother already told me that he is like that and that he fought a lot with him for that since childhood.
Sometimes I think it is wrong with me, that nothing is worth it and that it would be better to leave it and divorce because it makes no sense to live like this.He is forcing me to see him like this every day and to tolerate that he leaves that way and wants him to be quiet and not tell him anything.But I want to live and then to make separate lives then it is better to be separated.
What he intends is that I see his problems and go from him and everything, and let him do in his own way, chaotic.But he does not see his edge attitude and that when he is on donor I can not count on him at all and those dowers are easily avoidable.And that does not eat because it does not feel like and falling from downturn is a very ugly attitude towards me, and more when I foresee it and tell him.
When we go on vacation, it always falls into dances, and I tell him and he doesn't eat enough.And I always finish alone, with a rag doll next to.Because when you have low and then the time you are recovering is an inert doll that I have to load.I always have to drive, organize, think, everything me.And without recognition, on the contrary, and neither thank you nor ask me forgiveness.On the contrary, he fits me still on top.
So you cannot live, because it is not 90 years old and I need to live, travel and do many things and he seems to prefer to live sitting in an armchair so as not to have to eat or lower the glucose.
It is what he wants and is what he deserves with this attitude.
And yes, I am a very active person.But I adapt.And I am also sick and I know perfectly what it is to overcome and overcome limits and live with a huge handicap.And nothing stops me.Only his attitude of shit with diabetes.
Sorry to speak like this but it is the reality, with 40 years you cannot be so.
Because even on top when we return from the holidays, he tells everyone what he did, what he saw and he has it illusion, when the reality is that for me that trip was hell for having to fight with his stubbornness and load with theresponsibility for your diabetes and well -being.Because it is I who lifes him from the hypos and who drives and who always supplies him.And it doesn't even thank me, I just reproach me to be on top and even on top he says he doesn't need me.
This is a real madness.

marilyn8040
10/16/2023 8:56 a.m.

My husband is going to work, he has a continuous schedule.Put 8 hours in a row and eat anything !!At most a machine coffee.And I am always on top of him to wear a sandwich or a snack or energy bars or something !!And he ignores me, says he is not hungry and that he doesn't need anything.And it is not to write down the insulin and inject it in the pump.You have a TOC of not spending insulin or I don't understand what happens to you !!Just eat if you have less than 65 glucose.
And it is very high and big, you need to eat calories.
What a season did was buy dextrose, then candy.That are empty calories ...
And I am not overwhelming him, I already say that I usually serve a week if I see that he has a donkey, I think I am not overwhelming.Also when "sermoneo" is because his behavior is risk for him and/or for others.And it seems that everything does not matter.
The key is that he alone cannot and does not tolerate anyone to help him at all.That is the biggest problem, which does not recognize that it has a problem.
He never valued or recognized what his mother did and will never do it with me.Because I saw him and his mother despised and tried equally.It seems that it is a fashion to treat who cares for him with disdain.

marilyn8040
10/16/2023 9:26 a.m.

Girl, you are young.Bye Bye and to live.
Sometimes they don't value you until they do not lose you, but it is usually late.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/16/2023 11:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Marilyn8040 said:
My husband is going to work, has a continuous schedule.Put 8 hours in a row and eat anything !!At most a machine coffee.And I am always on top of him to wear a sandwich or a snack or energy bars or something !!And he ignores me, says he is not hungry and that he doesn't need anything.And it is not to write down the insulin and inject it in the pump.You have a TOC of not spending insulin or I don't understand what happens to you !!Just eat if you have less than 65 glucose.
And it is very high and big, you need to eat calories.
What a season did was buy dextrose, then candy.That are empty calories ...
And I am not overwhelming him, I already say that I usually serve a week if I see that he has a donkey, I think I am not overwhelming.Also when "sermoneo" is because his behavior is risk for him and/or for others.And it seems that everything does not matter.
The key is that he alone cannot and does not tolerate anyone to help him at all.That is the biggest problem, which does not recognize that it has a problem.
He never valued or recognized what his mother did and will never do it with me.Because I saw him and his mother despised and tried equally.It seems that it is a fashion to treat who cares about him.

I am nobody to give marriage advice, but go cloth ...
You deserve to respect and value you.
Much encouragement.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
10/17/2023 2:45 p.m.

I would separate me from you, that he does what he wants with his life, and you live yours, you deserve to respect and value you.Much encourage and go ahead

saranu1980's profile photo
saranu1980
10/19/2023 12:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.