{'en': 'A new discovered benefit of the popular Ozempic will add more pressure to people with diabetes', 'es': 'Un nuevo beneficio descubierto del popular Ozempic añadirá más presión a las personas con diabetes'} Image

A new discovered benefit of the popular Ozempic will add more pressure to people with diabetes

fer's profile photo   01/26/2024 12:38 p.m.

New Ozempic benefits (Semaglutida), the star medication to treat type 2 diabetes and obesity does not appear.

Which means more pressure for people with diabetes that use Ozempic, because it will probably increase the current shortage, which not only affects Ozempic himself, but also other products such as FIASP insulin (uses the same type of Boli).

After, a few months ago, an investigation was announced that showed the "never seen" effects of the semaglutidThat both this molecule and other GLP1 agonists are associated with a lower risk of developing cirrhosis and liver cancer in people with type 2 diabetes and chronic liver disease.

The results of the study, developed by the prestigious intituto Karolinska (Solna, Sweden) also suggest that GLP1 agonists can reduce the risk of liver lesions.

To carry it out, the researchers included all the people of Sweden with chronic liver disease and type 2 diabetes in a record -based study.Next, they compared the risk of severe liver damage to those who received treatment with GLP1 agonists and those who do not.The results have shown that those who took the drug for a long period of time had less risk of developing more serious forms of liver disease, such as cirrhosis and liver cancer.

"It is estimated that fatty liver disease affects even one in five people in Sweden, many of whom have type 2 diabetes, and approximately one in twenty develops a serious liver disease," said the first author Axel Wester,Deputy Professor of the Huddinge Medicine of Karolinska."Our findings are interesting because there are currently no drugs approved to reduce this risk," added EP.

Many of the people in the study stopped taking agonists from LPG1, which caused a lack of protective effect.However, those who continued to take the medication for a period of ten years had half the chances of developing severe liver disease.

"The results must be confirmed in clinical trials, but these studies will take many years to complete," Wester said."Therefore, we use the existing registration data to try to say something about the effect of drugs before that," he said.A limitation of the method is that it is not possible to control factors for which there is no data, such as blood analysis to describe in more detail the severity of liver disease.However, researchers have recently created a new database called 'Herald' in which they have access to blood samples of patients from the Stockholm region.

"As a next step, we will investigate the effect of the GLP1 agonists in this database.""If we obtain similar results, the hypothesis would be further reinforced that the agonists of the LPG1 can be used to reduce the risk of severe liver disease," said the last author of the study, Hannes Hagström, hepatology consultant at the Karolinska University Hospital and attached professorof the Department of Medicine.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/26/2024 12:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I read it yesterday.It is supposed to be beneficial in patients with DM2, which are saying the target of the medication ... They have prescribed it in pills recently (I've been with him for two weeks), and for now the glucose levels have improved, nowThat improves my stomach that does not grace the new pill ... we will continue to inform when it takes longer.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/26/2024 10:17 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Here where I live they keep the ozempic, no one who is diabetic is lacking supplies.
I have been taking it for almost two months, the day after pricking it, it happened quite badly, but it is helping me with glucose levels.
In short, I am happy with Ozempic.

_vane_'s profile photo
_vane_
01/29/2024 3:16 p.m.

Diagnosticada diabetes tipo 1 hace dos años.
Sin páncreas.
40 unit Tresiba en la noche, y humalog a demanda (que es mucha) Metformina 500 mañana y noche.

@_Vane_ That is a good measure, which is reserved for people with diabetes until the supply is guaranteed, I had not even thought about it, but it seems to me a very good solution, it could already be applied everywhere!

fer's profile photo
fer
01/29/2024 3:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It scares me the fact that people who do not have diabetes take this medicine to lose weight.This is very incorrect and dangerous.I heard that many famous characters received it in these

AdamAdam's profile photo
AdamAdam
01/29/2024 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.