{'en': 'The social toll that people with diabetes pay', 'es': 'El peaje social que pagamos las personas con diabetes'} Image

The social toll that people with diabetes pay

fer's profile photo   09/22/2023 3:24 p.m.

meginer said:
salad said:
yesterday was my father's birthday and we went to eat out.We spent 2 hours eating because the service took a long time, it gave us time to digest between dish and plate.In short: a beer fell, a wine, and I signed up for the dessert, putting me insulin again.
At 6 in the afternoon I was in 190 and, instead of correcting, about seven I went to the gym.15 minutes of bike, 25 minutes of weights, some stretching and returned with 110 stables.
At night I did not feel like dinner, at 10 I was in 85, I took a glass of Gazpacho and a Greek yogurt and put on half a unit.At 7 I have woken up in Hicm with 60 (I do not consider it at all alarming) I have risen to eat a spoon of jam and I have returned to bed until 9.
I refuse to do without social life.We have many resources to control, within an order, glycemia when we eat outside.I don't want to obsess myself with perfect control.When I alternate, I am very aware because I know it is difficult for him to hit HC, insulin and times.But I have my strategies to return to normal.

My problem is that it doesn't happen to me.I don't know how much Tpo you have with DB.I do spend, I take a whole day to get to a certain normality.
Yesterday all day in a rise and low, all morning in 230 and 260, I correct me and nothing goes down, at two hours I correct myself and so several times.Insulin looks like water.And maybe what I have happened is that I have had a beer and two fried bags.
I ended up doing some force at 8 in the afternoon.And in the end, it seemed that I was affected all the insulin that had put me 7 hours before once and with the exercise
And it lowered me to 50, I took glucose and went up to 209, and so I was up and down, a day disaster
That's why I think about it.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
09/25/2023 4:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Meginer The same thing happens to me.The fats that last or know in the body and insulin do not lower them to that of three.The day after dinner or food, they continue and continue.
And if it is protein, the same thing happens to me.
If they are only hydrates, it goes up a lot but in 5 hours they disappear, that if a lot of insulin is needed.But the body takes advantage of them quickly and does not celebrate 32 hours.

I have only been diabetic, it must be age;It happens to me since the year 2 of diabetes.

The only way I have found so that insulin is not water (I have come to put 25 units 3 in 3 and upThat under 160, at least I managed to remove the 2xx, but not low to Normaglycemia.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2023 6:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In my opinion I think it depends on what we give importance and prioritize in this life.

My debut was extremely traumatic, for a cluster of things I ended up with agoraphobia, unable to leave home and crying with a panic attack every time I gave me a hiccup or a hyper.I have always been a person that I liked to leave, dance, travel ... and although it is true that it is a jaleo every time you jump the routine I am very clear that I do not want to be where I was at first, dead of fear for eachvariation that has.

Diabetes is a very hard disease, which as you comment, few people understand, moreover, among us we also tend to judge ourselves a lot, but I think we have to put in a balance how we want to live and how much we want to live.In my case I came to the conclusion that I preferred to have certain lack of controls to spend a sad and bitter life for fear of what can happen, because we are sincere, even if we have diabetes tomorrow we can have an accident with the car and die the same, so do youwould you regret the life you have taken?

With this, do not misunderstand me please, I do not believe that the solution will be to let us go and have a crazy life without any control.But I think, there are certain things that we should not stop doing.For me, the key is the answer to this question: if you died tomorrow, would you regret the life you have taken?

After all this sheet, I also have to admit that I have had many discussions with friends and family because they did not understand that after eating I could not go for a 2H walk having left in flip flops and with few glucose provisions, or that I was goingTo be late because I had to wait 15 min or more to overcome a hiccIt is vital.

P.D.: In case it serves as support, I have stopped going out to eat, but not for diabetes, but because I have 1000 allergies and intolerances that after weighing it, it really does not deserve it to be held with the consequences.And who does not understand that I do not call me, that simple.We own our life b)

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
09/25/2023 8:40 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

ruthbia said:
@meginer the same thing happens to me.The fats that last or know in the body and insulin do not lower them to that of three.The day after dinner or food, they continue and continue.
If they are only hydrates, it goes up a lot but in 5 hours they disappear, that if a lot of insulin is needed.But the body takes advantage of them quickly and does not celebrate 32 hours.

I have only been diabetic, it must be age;It happens to me since the year 2 of diabetes.

The only way I have found so that insulin is not water (I have come to put 25 units 3 in 3 and upThat under 160, at least I managed

Yes, it happened to me once, that I went to lunch a Chinese and I did not eat rice but of the rest and went up to almost 300. I arrived home and went to walk and in less than an hour I was in 150, yes, it happened very very light.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/25/2023 8:45 p.m.

meginer said:
salad said:
yesterday was my father's birthday and we went to eat out.We spent 2 hours eating because the service took a long time, it gave us time to digest between dish and plate.In short: a beer fell, a wine, and I signed up for the dessert, putting me insulin again.
At 6 in the afternoon I was in 190 and, instead of correcting, about seven I went to the gym.15 minutes of bike, 25 minutes of weights, some stretching and returned with 110 stables.
At night I did not feel like dinner, at 10 I was in 85, I took a glass of Gazpacho and a Greek yogurt and put on half a unit.At 7 I have woken up in Hicm with 60 (I do not consider it at all alarming) I have risen to eat a spoon of jam and I have returned to bed until 9.
I refuse to do without social life.We have many resources to control, within an order, glycemia when we eat outside.I don't want to obsess myself with perfect control.When I alternate, I am very aware because I know it is difficult for him to hit HC, insulin and times.But I have my strategies to return to normal.

My problem is that it doesn't happen to me.I don't know how much Tpo you have with DB.I do spend, I take a whole day to get to a certain normality.
Yesterday all day in a rise and low, all morning in 230 and 260, I correct me and nothing goes down, at two hours I correct myself and so several times.Insulin looks like water.And maybe what I have happened is that I have had a beer and two fried bags.
I ended up doing some force at 8 in the afternoon.And in the end, it seemed that I was affected all the insulin that had put me 7 hours before once and with the exercise
And it lowered me to 50, I took glucose and went up to 209, and so I was up and down, a day disaster
That's why I think about it.

I am third in diabetes, I debuted in 2021. On Saturday everything was more or less good, but it is not always so, I also put the leg and put 300 like you @meginer @ruthbia.And days of guy as @"niñaburbuja" from hyper to hip and hyper again and shot because it touches me.
But I have the feeling that I have better control, that I learn.
The first departure (several days in Cádiz) that I made in 2021, after my debut, was chaotic.He did not succeed in breakfast, food or dinner.I ate and went to heaven and, walking doing tourism, one hiccups after another.At night, the sensor alarm giving me death scares.Luckily we were going my husband and me and I didn't give the trip to anyone else.I despaired a little, I thought I was not going to be able to move from home and my routines.
But I have not stopped out, yes, in "vicinity."It gives me a stick to think about a long trip, see me in another country and have the need to acquire insulin, be in a very different time spindle, the truth is that I do not feel like anything.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/25/2023 9:32 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

ruthbia said:
@meginer the same thing happens to me.The fats that last or know in the body and insulin do not lower them to that of three.The day after dinner or food, they continue and continue.

The only way I have found so that insulin is not water (I have come to put 25 units 3 in 3 and upThat under 160, at least I managed

I have heard you comment several times and now I am suffering in my meats.Especially in the dinners, you are going to sleep in rank and at three in the morning you are in 200. Yes, as a lamb, I know that I will have a movidita afternoon, correcting that it is gerund.Exercise is what best returns to normal.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/25/2023 9:37 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

My daughter with Lantus could give many more tributes, and get in rapid rank
With Toujeo and Tresiba, no, they have no strength for slow digestion meals, and it has to be quick in batches.
Although for daily life and low meals in hydrates, the toujeo is more stable and with less hypos than Lantus.
So it also depends on the slow we use, when digestions are lengthened ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/26/2023 5:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well yes ... I recently stopped going to a mom's dinner for having agreed an Italian restaurant (I loved it) but at night, pizzas, cheese paste .... I didn't see myself capable of managing ...
During the day I dare and not even so badly .... Of course I always try to ask for a first salad and then I already threw myself through the serrano, the seafood and things that I know are not going to upload me so much.
Since I carry the bomb I am more stable than ever glycemic speaking.When I can throw myself for more than 200 and sustained, they are the days before menstruation, such as tonight, tooize the night correcting and insulin like water.It doesn't matter if I put the Boost mode, my hormones are not affected at all.In fact, I am injecting from Basal 0.90/h and as if I was injected 0.07 .... It is frustrating!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/26/2023 11:24 a.m.

Well @Cassie is that you have opened "another melon."Menstruation ... go chaos at least for me with glucose ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/26/2023 3:10 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Yes, that happens, then the rule lowers you and gives you hiccups you need less insulin, a roll.
Now with premenopause (I've been without a rule for two months), TB is a bit cocoa, I imagine that until I leave at all, I have a year, now not, now not.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/27/2023 11:46 a.m.

I think you give more importance than it deserves when always in rank.We forget that the goal is to carry an average not to be perfect at all times.

As for the social issue, despite carrying no less than 27 years with this, many people around me or know that I am diabetic and I suspect that many of those who have told it at this point or remember.

phaeton's profile photo
phaeton
10/01/2023 12:30 p.m.

The truth is that this forum is wonderful.Listening in other voices your own concerns or your same experiences helps and comforts.
It is clear that it is a complex disease and that it demands to always be aware of it, but I think it cannot be only our priority, I without fading and occasionally, I love to go out with friends or family to meals and events.I enjoy it a lot, I try to correct if you can and continue.
We only have one life.

efectodiabetes's profile photo
efectodiabetes
10/01/2023 6:46 p.m.

phaeton said:
I think you give more importance than it deserves when always in range.We forget that the goal is to carry an average not to be perfect at all times.

As for the social issue, despite carrying no less than 27 years with this, many people around me or know that I am diabetic and I suspect that many of those who have told it at this point or remember.

I think you are wrong, more and more importance is given to the tir (time in rank), q to glycosylated hemoglobin that is the average as you say.You can have a good or acceptable average, to come from 300 and then 40.
The time in range and the low glycemics variability (or the least possible in our case), is what lis endocrine already look more, obviously, it is normal that if you usually have a time in a high range, you get the glyd well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/01/2023 7:58 p.m.

The truth is that the sensor helps a lot, but it also obsesses a lot.
My sister told me today in school where she works a diabetic child.That a nurse has gone to give them a talk of what they have to do according to the sensor, with arrows and everything.And that measure every half hour.
It seemed to my daughter that this child was going to be very marked by that situation. And he will feel very different.
This is not the case either ..
I was going to measure my daughter and now.I ate at home.And he never felt observed or different from the other children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2023 8:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina seems exaggerated to me (sorry if I offend someone) that that child looks at every 30 '... I don't know what age he will either.
I started with diabetes at 4 years, and my parents explained to me very seriously what it was ... but at the same time they tried to make me see that it was a "normal" girl.I learned immediately and I also noticed the signs and symptoms of a hyper or hyper ... and acted almost 100% of the time without my professor knew what happened ...
My mother, like you, was going to measure myself in some recess, or at some point (with the glucometer, no sensors ...) and everything has "good."
Maybe that child looking at him every 30 'interrupts him and takes him out of normal ... no matter how prudent they are in front of other children.Another thing is that they see him "rarillo" and scan, or for example, before recess for themematics, the time of physical education, before the food in the dining room, etc. ,, but every 30 '... it isSomething obsessive ... and I don't think it is good ... besides that even if the child relies on sooo in the sensor, he may not appreciate a hyper or hyper for himself ... and at some point if he has no sensor,or it doesn't work or ...
I don't know ... I think we have to be very aware and blablabla, but without losing a "normal" life horizon.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/01/2023 10:24 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Silviagrz, because the same as you and my sister and my daughter.The child is four years old, but the nurse told the teachers what they had to do .., and I think it is crazy for everyone.
The child's mother is also a nurse, but very traumatized with the diagnosis and I suppose that very obsessed with the sensor., That is why I say that the sensor can become a complication to live, if it is not known to manage ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/02/2023 1:54 a.m.

I started with 11 years and I have never stopped doing anything because of diabetes.If it is true that when you are young you are more impetuous and with age I have become more cautious, but I do not stop enjoying those moments as a family or friends.All my friends know that I am a diabetic and there are times that they control me more than myself, they are like the alarms of the freestyle, when they see that I am happening sound.
You have to find the balance between living life and enjoying it and the good control of diabetes.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/06/2023 10:33 p.m.

I read them and I feel a lot of relief
Sometimes I think that I'm really bigger (68 years old) and that is why it gives me so laziness organizing things, going to friends's house, going out.That moment when you do not know what they have made of food and then how much I would need ……Checking me every time.All these concerns compensate for walking through the forest, that a hummingbird dancing, looking at the water from the river that runs, hugging my granddaughter and laughing with her.

milagros's profile photo
milagros
10/09/2023 6:52 a.m.

Hello, these types of situations are more common than you think, people around you have no idea what it represents living with DM, here the point is that your group, your family should be aware of these situationsAnd not to promote activities that could be harmful to you, finally they should consider your needs at the time of a plan in which they include you, because first goes health, without health there is nothing.greetings.

JavierPernia07's profile photo
JavierPernia07
10/10/2023 10:18 p.m.

Of course, these situations are common and of course that people around us do not always know what our disease represents, but they also have no current.I, except my husband and my children, the rest only know what "type 1 diabetes is", but they don't know the disease with hairs and signs, and it is normal!Nor will my diabetes always put to everyone's plans.Once, sometimes it will be I who has to adapt (checking countless times and correcting), and sometimes I will not go to that plan because it is a lot of disorder for me.But life is like that, adaptation of each other ..

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/11/2023 11:42 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.