{'en': 'Frozen foods', 'es': 'Alimentos congelados'} Image

Frozen foods

fosforero's profile photo   10/01/2023 12:33 p.m.

Good morning,

So far I considered a fresh product as healthy as one frozen, but in a conversation in this forum I have read that diabetics must flee from processed or frozen products, putting both of them in the same package.

What's true in it?

Well, being that true I am doing everything wrong, because by saving and facilitating the preparation almost always shot from the frozen.

Thank you very much!

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/01/2023 12:33 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

But when we talk about frozen, what kind?Because a frozen vegetables that are only vegetables lose properties, but it is still a vegetable

Nila's profile photo
Nila
10/01/2023 1:28 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
but when we talk about frozen, what kind?Because a frozen vegetables that are only vegetables lose properties, but it is still vegetable

Frozen fresh foods, without other processing or manipulation other than freezing, meaning type, that lose some nutritional properties perhaps, but I suppose nothing more than we have to take into account the diabetics.
Greetings

fosforero's profile photo
fosforero
10/01/2023 1:36 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde 2014, 850 mg de Metformina al día, neuropatía periférica desde 2020

Maybe when they talk about "frozen", they refer to "processed" too.Type: Nuggets, Mozarella sticks, empanadillas, potatoes, pizza ...
Frozen vegetables, a fish (unions), etc ... etc, what we say, can lose some property, but healthy ... they are.Like those that come in boats (although preferably if they can be washed, better).

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/01/2023 2:56 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I agree with @Silviagrz, I don't think they negatively influence properly frozen foods.For example, if I cook some steamed spinach and about half I can already freeze those spinach and when I defrost them (properly) without cutting the cold chain those vegetables will be in perfect statement.Of course, one product is "processed" speaking in this case, the cooler and more healthy, but if it freely freezes and defols the product, the product does not have to negatively influence at the food level.Organoleptic properties may be devalued a bit but in principle.Another thing is nuggets, croquettes (of the bad) and all those things that we already know in advance that are poison.Eye, I speak from food knowledge and common sense but from ignorance in DM2.I hope it is useful.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 8:16 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.