{'en': 'Lipodystrophy', 'es': 'Lipodistrofia'} Image

Lipodystrophy

imelda's profile photo   02/05/2024 3:04 p.m.

Good afternoon,

To my 11 -year -old son, who has had diabetes for 5 years, educators have noticed that he has lipodystrophy.

The injection zone is usually in the buttocks and arms.The legs hurt and does not want to inject there.

Usually, I usually feel to see if you have any "ball" and in some areas where I notice any brush, I usually rotate the injection.They say they see the "culete" as fallen and "blandiblú."

I don't know exactly what lipodystrophy looks like.

On the Internet, I have seen images and are prominent fats of fat and do not resemble the child.

I also wanted to consult if lipodystrophy can be reversed over time.

Thank you so much!

imelda's profile photo
imelda
02/05/2024 3:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are ointments that are eliminating it, with massages.Ask in pharmacy or educators.
Lipodystrophy is a tougher and bulky area, it is not soft, or fall ...
It is good to rotate the punctures and change the needles you can let the arms rest and click quickly in the gut, rotating like a clock.

In the buttocks there is a lot of place, it does not seem that because I am soft ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2024 4:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much Regina for your comment.

imelda's profile photo
imelda
02/05/2024 4:31 p.m.

Hi @imelda in addition to what the partner has told you ... Have you tried the iPort?It can help you to take away the fear of clicking in other areas.

marine's profile photo
marine
02/05/2024 5:48 p.m.

GOOD MARINE,
Yes, we have insulin ports but what happens is that the cannula being plastic, sometimes the insulin is folded and spitted and we no longer know what has entered and what does not.It generates more stress ..... and on top of that we have to inject.We will try again because we have them.

imelda's profile photo
imelda
02/05/2024 7:11 p.m.

It is a serious issue, because it reduces insulin adsorption.And you have to leave the area rest, normally for more than a year.If I don't know
You have to perform a small operation, they usually do plastic surgeons ... but we are talking about people who have left it for years.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/05/2024 9:30 p.m.

If you do not have bultitos, it is not lipodystrophy.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/06/2024 9:30 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello, it happened to me in the gut, I would say that after 2 years of being diagnosed.I had a sunk area in the gut, because I always punctured me there.
They told me to let the area rest and indeed after 1 year I approx without clicking there, he recovered alone, without creams or anything.So patience and encouragement.

valky's profile photo
valky
02/06/2024 10:54 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.