{'en': 'Tobacco and diabetes - quit smoking', 'es': 'Tabaco y diabetes - Dejar de fumar'} Image

Tobacco and diabetes - quit smoking

MIGUEL85's profile photo   02/05/2024 5 p.m.

Hello, I have stopped smoking 15 days and it is difficult for me to handle hyperglycemia.

I am not eating anymore, as is usually the case, and yet I suffer many hyperglycemia.

I have read that when metabolism slowed down and get rid of nicotine they can increase sugar levels, but I don't know what to do to control it or if my controls will be normalized over time.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Please, I don't know what to do very well and my nerves are taking its toll.

I have come to think that you can have a disease or something that is giving the face that way.

MIGUEL85's profile photo
MIGUEL85
02/05/2024 5 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Miguel85, I don't think you have any disease, if you have agreed to leave tobacco.You may have anxiety and that can affect glucose.You will be reassuring and the body will adapt to the lack of nicotine, which must be like detoxification and take its time.
If you see that you need faster or more slow, you go up.The exercise will also be good.
You'll be regulating little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2024 11:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @Miguel85.I stopped smoking almost 10 years ago, just when Free for sale came out so in reality my controls improved (before that I controlled me with capillaries. I bought them with what saved me in tobacco hehe).Well without jokes, the most normal thing is that you are taller due to anxiety so don't worry, you adjust your doses again and you will regulate.With diabetes this is so, one day you discuss with someone and you spend the afternoon over 200, if it is hot you go to hypo and if it is cold to Hiper, imagine if you stop smoking, the normal is the lack of control.Throughout life it is time to vary basal and constantly so that patience and to regulate you.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/06/2024 12:35 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you very much for the tips, I am calmer.I imagine that in the long run everything will normalize but I have spent a few days worried.It is what you say, if the most normal things for non -diabetics already affect us, because this change cannot be less.Luckily, despite the situation I remain firm in the idea of ​​not smoking again

MIGUEL85's profile photo
MIGUEL85
02/06/2024 12:39 p.m.

I do not know where you are from but there is a medication with which it is easier to quit smoking and control the anxiety of uninhabing, it is called cystine and is funded by the SS if you meet the criteria.
He is going very well, I tell you in case you want to consult with your doctor.Cheer up.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/06/2024 12:57 p.m.

meginer said:
I don't know where you are but there is a medication with which it is easierThe criteria.
He is going very well, I tell you in case you want to consult with your doctor.Cheer up.

I have tried, but according to my header "my dependency is moderate, I just need will to leave it" in short, I do not know if it will be for saving the cost or because it finds some worse contraindication than continuing to smoke 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😀

MIGUEL85's profile photo
MIGUEL85
02/06/2024 1:19 p.m.

Miguel85 said:
meginer said:
I do not know where you are but there is a medication with which it is easier to stop smoking and control the anxiety of theUninhabitation, is called cystine and is financed by the SS if you meet the criteria.

I have tried, but according to my head doctor "my dependency is moderate, I just need will to leave it" in short, I do not know if it will be to save the cost or because it finds some worse contraindication than continuing to smoke 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😀

It is that there is a survey to see if the dependence is moderate or high, it is called the phastrom test, but we are going, that the questions that ask you are aimed so that you answer things that give you high dependence, you will have been very legal responding and ifIt is moderate, do not finance it

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/07/2024 12:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.