{'en': 'Prediabetes or diabetes or is there no longer going back?', 'es': 'Prediabetico o diabetico o ya no hay marcha para atrás ?'} Image

Prediabetes or diabetes or is there no longer going back?

egurre74's profile photo   02/05/2024 6:44 p.m.

In May they performed an analytical giving less than 150 mg/dl on an emptyno and 6.5, the header did not tell me that it was diabetic or taking metformin pill. The case that I have done an analytical one and I have lowered a little in mg/dl but I continue at 6.5, and another header has diagnosed me since I am diabetic, before this almost 10 kilos came down, but I have obesity, it has given me a pastilla and night, that diet and sport and to the threemonths another analytical.I am really scared, I'm 49 years old.These parameters can be controlled or reduced.

egurre74's profile photo
egurre74
02/05/2024 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see, everything depends.
Obesity creates insulin resistance, the pancreas segregates it but cannot take its effect due to body fat.
In these cases the pancreas is overwhelmed, since what secretes is not enough and works much more than a normal pancreas.
If obesity disappears and has not given time for the pancreas to have many times the diabetes disappears.
If the pancreas is already damaged by overwriting, diabetes will continue.
The theme would be, which I know is not easy, get the Normapeso as soon as possible to avoid that damage.
I guess they will have prescribed metformin, it helps a lot.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/05/2024 6:57 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
Let's see, everything depends.
Obesity creates insulin resistance, the pancreas segregates it but cannot take its effect due to body fat.
In these cases the pancreas is overwhelmed, since what secretes is not enough and works much more than a normal pancreas.
If obesity disappears and has not given time for the pancreas to have many times the diabetes disappears.
If the pancreas is already damaged by overwriting, diabetes will continue.
The theme would be, which I know is not easy, get the Normapeso as soon as possible to avoid that damage.
I guess they will have prescribed metformin, it helps a lot.

If metformin, my father was also diabetic, thank you very much!

egurre74's profile photo
egurre74
02/05/2024 6:59 p.m.

Hello !Once the diagnosis has been given, what can happen is a remission (not the same to healing) in which the person can be without medication, carrying diet, physical activity and having values ​​equal to a person not diagnosed with diabetes.Important if there is obesity, focus on a good diet, with a good nutritionist.Perform aerobic preference exercise.

If there is remission, the important thing is to maintain these new habits.

Lilsy's profile photo
Lilsy
02/06/2024 3:44 a.m.

Resistencia a la insulina/Intolerancia los carbohidratos
Vildagliptina 50 mg C/24

lilsy said:
hello!Once the diagnosis has been given, what can happen is a remission (not the same to healing) in which the person can be without medication, carrying diet, physical activity and having values ​​equal to a person not diagnosed with diabetes.Important if there is obesity, focus on a good diet, with a good nutritionist.Perform aerobic preference exercise.

If there is remission, the important thing is to maintain these new habits.

Thanks for the info

egurre74's profile photo
egurre74
02/06/2024 8:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.