{'en': 'When little insulin is left in the pen makes less effect', 'es': 'Cuando queda poca insulina en la pluma hace menos efecto'} Image

When little insulin is left in the pen makes less effect

Marisa123's profile photo   02/08/2024 4:07 p.m.

I don't know if this only happens to me or you have noticed it ...

When I have little insulin in the pen I feel that it does not make the same effect.

My insulin is the slow (Lantus) and when I have about 50 units in the pen it gives me the feeling that it makes less effect because I usually be higher the next 24h eats what it eats.

Anyone who has detected something similar or is it?

Marisa123's profile photo
Marisa123
02/08/2024 4:07 p.m.

Diabética tipo 2 desde hace poco, introduciendo la insulina en mi vida.

Could it last more than 30 days?.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/08/2024 8:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I put the quick of many times "expired" (he discard at 28 days and usually lasts 34/35) and I have never noticed anything.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/08/2024 9:47 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I do not notice anything, neither with basal or quickly.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/10/2024 11:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When there is little insulin in the pen, there may be several factors that influence its effectiveness.Here are some points to consider:

Dosage precision: Some insulin feathers may not be so precise when there is little amount of insulin in the cartridge.This can lead to an inconsistent dosing, which can affect the effectiveness of treatment.

Pollution and waste: As the amount of insulin decreases in the pen, there may be a greater risk of contamination or accumulation of waste at the needle tip.This can affect the proper administration of the dose and, therefore, its effectiveness.

Lack of agitation: with lower amounts of insulin in the pen, it may be more difficult to properly mix insulin (in case of insulins that require it) before each dose.This can result in an unequal distribution of insulin and affect its effectiveness.

Difficulty in extracting the complete dose: when little insulin is left in the pen, it may be more difficult to extract the complete dose, especially if the pen is not designed to ensure that all the amount of insulin available is used.

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
02/11/2024 7:14 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

I also notice when I lengthened more than 30 days, to which you have to add the possible bubbles that accumulate through the wig of the Boli.

KAIZEN's profile photo
KAIZEN
02/19/2024 8:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also began to notice, my doctor told me that I never let the pen last for more than a month.Before I lasted about 6 weeks, and it is true that the last 2 weeks used to be a little higher .. The same was a coincidence but I began to mosque, I told the doctor and advised me to throw the pen always a month, notGo from there even if there is still insulin.
I recommend that you do the same.

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
02/20/2024 3:32 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

Yes, it is shown to happen.It is recommended not to use it beyond the month, for me it is a roll because I wear few units and the month arrives and I have enough left over.I usually try to hurry them but if I see that for no apparent reason I have hyper, I throw it.And it happened to me that with a new pen, all correct.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/20/2024 1:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.