Diabetes, start of metformin and urine increase

frsj92's profile photo   10/30/2023 2:24 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

I am new in the forum.I wanted to raise a consultation.I started almost 3 weeks ago to take a pill a day of metformin in the morning to control my type II diabetes.I started with half a pill, since I sat badly and caused me quite strong diarrhea.After getting used to about 7 or 8 days, I went up and started drinking 1 whole pill, and that was when I started noticing a considerable increase of the times I was going to urinate during the day, not during the night (the pill I take it at breakfast).

I have more or less going once every hour (sometimes more, and sometimes less) to urinate.I am in consultations with doctors.There is no urine infection.And blood glucose levels seem to be fine.Although there are other possible hypotheses (I am waiting for an ultrasound to see if the prostate/bladder is inflamed), I wantedincrease blood glucose).

If one makes a quick review, although this symptom with metformin is not mentioned as a secondary effect, in forums in English -speaking countries it seems that there are people who have these symptoms.In the literature there is some studio with animals that mentions possible changes in the urine when the sodium eliminated by urine increases (and that would be a positive effect of metformin when associating with better blood pressure) and in humans there is some meta -analysis that they say to seeSeen a correlation between metformin consumption in type 2 diabetes and an increased (lower) risk of suffering from the lower urinary tract (STUI) in benign prostatic hyperplasia (increased prostate size).

frsj92's profile photo
frsj92
10/30/2023 2:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been taking metformin for 5 years and I have not had that side effect, diarrhea and bausea if, but it has already passed. When I urinated a lot coincided with high glucose

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
10/30/2023 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had noticed this symptom at night a few months and according to the routine I would have taken.But since I started with metformin, it has been regulated.I usually drink a liter and a half of daily water.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 7:43 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.