{'en': 'Night glucose consumption', 'es': 'Consumo glucosa noche'} Image

Night glucose consumption

Dulce2012's profile photo   02/10/2024 10:08 a.m.

Good morning.
I am going through an era of lack of control ... I am very difficult for me to control the glucose.
For 9 years I was with Lantus, they changed myself to Toujeo because I would go better and after a year not only does it not go better but not above the nights consume a lot of glucose.
For 2 days I am with threeiba.I went to bed last night in 250, at 4 I was still in 250 and I got up with 100.
Above all, he starts to go down as much as he sleeps ... Do you know what can be?

Dulce2012's profile photo
Dulce2012
02/10/2024 10:08 a.m.

DM1 2013

The slow takes a long time to start taking effect and I imagine that during the day you must have hypoglycemia caused by slow.
The first thing would be to avoid reaching 250 with faster at dinner and then lowering the slow one, because if you wake up well lying up.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
02/10/2024 10:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you are looking for Tresiba in the forum, you will see that there is a lot of talk, that it is difficult to get used to and not everyone can.Many return to the previous one.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
02/10/2024 11:19 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

My daughter did not go well with Tresiba, but with Toujeo.It is more stable than with Lantus and with barely hypos.
But he had to lower the hydrates in the meals, because if he was high, the toujeo did not go down.
Why don't you do well Toujeo?
It is flatter than Lantus ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2024 11:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I did not go well with threeiba, but with toujeo.It is more stable than with Lantus and with barely hypos.
But he had to lower the hydrates in the meals, because if he was high, the toujeo did not go down.
It is more flat than Lantus ..

For the day very well, but it is to go to bed and start lowering the glucose.I've only been with three days then under I know if with her it continues to happen to me ...

Dulce2012
02/11/2024 1:30 a.m.

DM1 2013

Yes, you will have to go down three to see if you manage to be well for day and do not get much at night.My daughter went down too much at night.
With Toujeo, he also goes down at night, but not so much, and he makes a little right.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/11/2024 5:40 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What time do you slow?
I say it because in my case I had to divide it into two shots, tomorrow and night, because several hours after putting it on me to hypoglycemia.
This was a problem especially at night, around 3 in the morning.
I use toujeo that it is supposed to be flat and lasts more than 24 hours, but in my body it is seen that it does not go.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
02/11/2024 7:05 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

vicky bu said:
What time do you put the slow?
I say it because in my case I had to divide it into two shots, tomorrow and night, because several hours after putting it on me to hypoglycemia.
I use toujeo that it is supposed to be flat and lasts more than 24 hours, but in my body it is seen that it does not go.

I am getting it at 22:00, because I put Toujeo at 12 noon but I spent the same at night ... and I don't know what else to do.

Dulce2012
02/11/2024 2:23 p.m.

DM1 2013

La Tresiba has an action peak at 3 or 4 hours

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
02/11/2024 3:12 p.m.

Hello, it also happened to me, to solve it, I lower 1 unit the trrsiba, and I have proven that if I put more than 2u at dinner, my glucose lowers me about 3h in the morning, to solve it Ceno vegetables, and some proteinNot like bread or a slice alone and I put 1.5U for fruit and yogurt.If when I go to bed I have 120 I do not have hypos, Menlevanto Conbunos 30g less glucose, if when I go to bed I have below 100 Milk
All the best

nuriapal1's profile photo
nuriapal1
02/19/2024 11:29 a.m.

sweet2012 said:
regina said:
my daughter did not go well with threeiba, but with toujeo.It is more stable than with Lantus and with barely hypos.
It is more flat than Lantus ..

For the day very well, but it is to go to bed and start lowering the glucose.I've only been with three days then under I know if with her it continues to happen to me ...

If you come from Lantus, with the Tresiba you need less dose, 5 or 6 or less.With Toujeo passes to the contrary.
It happens to me the other way around you, for the day very well but at night from 2 or 3 in the morning, start up and I can go to bed at 80 and get up at 180 if I do not wake up before to correct myself.
I have tried everything with her, different hours of administration, putting it in one or twice, still I do not control that night climb at all but it is the one that best goes to all the basal.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/19/2024 1:22 p.m.

vicky bu said:
What time do you put the slow?
I use toujeo that it is supposed toMy glucose lowers me about 3h in the morning, to solve it Ceno vegetables, and some protein, not as bread or a slice alone and I put 1.5U for fruit and yogurt.If when I go to bed I have 120 I do not have hypos, Menlevanto Conbunos 30g less glucose, if when I go to bed I have below 100 Milk
GREETING

Thanks!

Dulce2012
02/19/2024 10:36 p.m.

DM1 2013

The Tresiba I put it at 11.30h

nuriapal1
02/20/2024 11:01 a.m.

I have tried to put it before dinner, before bed, at 8h, and at 11.30 am the effect of breakfast rapid is terminated is when it goes best, unless sometimes if as fried, I have high glucose peaksAt 3h fed, but I am united by feeding, they seem to be solved

nuriapal1
02/20/2024 11:04 a.m.

Yes, it can be put twice, it can be, it is not very common for more than 24 h, but it depends on the person and the basal insulin needs according to the time and MOM of the day.
I have tried everything with Tresiba, put it once for the M, at noon and at night and several several.I need slowly at night than for the day, for the day I barely need but something, so of the 13th I put on, I manage 3 in the morning and 10 at approximately 12 h and do it quite well.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/20/2024 1:32 p.m.

I did the same tests that you comment with the Tresiba years ago.In the end, what is best for me, is to put it at 12 h., When according to my logic, the fast breakfast effect has ended.And it is the guideline that, personally, is better.There are times of the year, especially coinicidating with heat, in which I must raise the dose two units.It worked like this.Obviously each of us is a case and we have to try until we find what best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
02/20/2024 4:52 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

It depends, to me the endocrine told me that threeiba is more stable than Lantus, Levemir and it is a little better than toujeo, what the endocrine of the mutual took me fatal, I gave me lantus as if it were a 24 h meI put at 23 h or so and it turns out that it does not reach 10 h of effect and at night I arrived from the work to 300 and the aunt goes and gives me a mixed quick and slow to eat, to stop the sugary afternoons and nothing followedAlto, until another endocrine gave me the three -year that is not 24 h, I think that even if they say it lasts up to 72 h does not arrive in the coña but it is better than Lantus or Levemir put in the morning I think it lasts about 20 h butMaximum effect would say that it is 16-17 h

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
02/21/2024 6:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.