{'en': 'Going through the operating room being diabetic, it causes me insecurity', 'es': 'Pasar por quirófano siendo diabética, me causa inseguridad'} Image

Going through the operating room being diabetic, it causes me insecurity

Madrileña91's profile photo   12/24/2023 4:27 a.m.

Hello everyone, I would like to know your opinion or know if someone has operated on something being diabetic and if you have had any complication.

I am thinking of undergoing an aesthetic surgery operation, I have been mammary prostheses for several years (I operated long before debuting with diabetes), and as many years have passed my prostheses are beginning to give me problems, in addition to not lasting fromFor life.

I am thinking of making a prosthesis replacement but I have read that in diabetics it is dangerous to perform any surgery ...

I have already seen 2 surgeons and both tell me that as long as the diabetes is controlled, there is no problem and that during the surgery I will be controlled and monitored all the time, that I will simply have to be very careful that the wounds and little else are not infected.

Even so, it causes me to do it because it is still aesthetic and that is not life or death ...

I also wonder what diabetic moms do if they have a caesarean section or if any diabetic has a health problem and needs an emergency surgery ...

What do they do in these cases?

How dangerous is we get to an operating room?

Thank you!

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
12/24/2023 4:27 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

Well, I am type one diabetic and they already operated three times and always with general anesthesia, with the general I mean that they were operations of hours and complicated, I am diabetic 20 years ago and here I continue

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
12/24/2023 10:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Madrid91: The only thing you have to keep in mind is that even if you have good control, the healing of your wounds after the operation will be much slower than if you did not have diabetes

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/24/2023 5:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

As always, each body is a world.I have had several minor surgeries and healing has been as before, very fast.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/24/2023 6 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Without problems.
I operated last year and all normal, as without diabetes.
If I notice that the colds last more.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/24/2023 6:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What you have to try to put a little less slowly on the day of the operation to avoid hypos, although they control in the operating room.For the rest, if you carry good control, the healing will be normal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/24/2023 9:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have operated on vitrectomy (epirreinian membrane in both eyes) twice, an intervention with general anesthesia in each case.

I have not had any problems.They only told me that that day I did not prick me insulin and that it did not start too much (two hours before nothing, no water).

As they told me, it was preferable to be high of sugar than to suffer hypoglycemia during the intervention, which is solved with a good lunch and not puncture insulin.

I had no problem any of the time.

AVSB's profile photo
AVSB
12/25/2023 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.