{'en': 'Continuous drop without reaction and bestial climb', 'es': 'Bajada continuada sin reacción y subida bestial'} Image

Continuous drop without reaction and bestial climb

susal's profile photo   11/05/2023 11:33 a.m.

Hello, I've been with the toujeo and humalog insulin for 5 years.

Last night, fingers and some bread almost at the end I had 150 to which I decided to put 2.5 Humalog units.

Already in bed past 2 hours, glucose for 80 and I take an over sugar and chocolate piece.

At half an hour Glucose to 50 and thus remained 3 hours, during which it took in spaces of 15 envelopes sugar, bread, juice, etc ...

At 4 in the morning I already scored 350 and I put on 4 from Humalog.

At 8:00 I get up with 380 ... and again Humalog 5 units ..... exhausting

At 2 hours down to 150 and I drink coffee with milk and sugar.

Someone could tell me or advise what to do when these hours without having nothing effect and thus avoid that rush.

Thank you!

susal's profile photo
susal
11/05/2023 11:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see .. is that if you are 150 and have coffee with milk with sugar, without putting insulin, it is normal for you to stop.
Do you put insulin according to the rations you eat?
And if you are 150 and you get 2, 5 from Humalog it is normal that you get down, but you can't take so many hydrates, because it goes up a lot.
With Toujeo, if you are 50, just take a juice.
And if you are 150 to go to sleep, I would leave it like this. He does not correct.
I think you are running in excess and then you are taking too many hydrates if you are low ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/05/2023 3:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A 150 and eating something later with a unit, 1.5 maximum is fine.I always think that a unit low 50, you would put yourself at 100, with 1.5 to 75 and with what you climb from dinner, if it is little bread because at most 150. It is better to correct you again after spending a roller mountain night...
And the coffee with sugar at 150 ... if you were well pulling up ... I don't know what you drink it ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/05/2023 5:05 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Going down quickly and for not having another strong descent I have had coffee milk with sugar to compensate.VAT by train and didn't want scares.
When 3 hours at 50 and finding you badly seeing that with anything it goes up ... now I pay the consequences of my mistake.
However, other times that Ceno was half a snack and with 5 insulin units it has even been just having the glucose to 200 at dawn ... I have even had to correct for that last night with 2.5 I thought it was fine
Thank you

susal's profile photo
susal
11/05/2023 5:55 p.m.

Of course, there are several things.One that we are all different.Another than when you say "some bread" because we don't know how much it is.
The only clear thing is that in doubt it is better to miss, than when you get off too much one scares and then comes the famous rebound effect.
That we are going, what happened to you have lived by practically ...
Diabetes that is very damn

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/05/2023 6:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Susal, I hope the following tips help you:
- It is important to know the sensitivity factor you have, that is, 1 fast insulin unit how much blood glucose lowers you, to get it when you make a correction.
- Wait to correct with fast insulin until they have spent 2 hours from the last rapid injection.
- If at 2 hours after eating or before you are low (less than 70) is that you have put too much humalog.You have to go down the dose until it is hit.
- If they have passed 2 or 3 hours after meals and you still have descents you have to get off the toujeo.
- Do not take anything with sugar if you are not in hypoglycemia, that is, below 70. If you are in 80 and with the trend arrow, trying to take a small piece of fruit or a cookie and wait to see what happens.
- Do not take chocolate to trace or prevent hypo.Chocolate has fat that slows the absorption of HC.
- When you have a hypoglycemia you need HC of rapid absorption and in small quantity to avoid the rebound.Although it is difficult, he tries not to hit you.
- If you are in full rebound, patience and do not correct more insulin because you will enter an endless roller coaster.Better correct in the next meal.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/05/2023 10:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

THANK YOU THAN THANK YOU
Last night a Greek yogurt
Cream mushroom mushrooms
And since I vat with 130 I did not put anything
I got up with 200 at 6:00 I put 5 from Humalog and at 7:00 I continued with 220 I took a simple cut without anything and now 110 ....
This is hell because when he gets outsourly there is no way to straighten him

susal's profile photo
susal
11/06/2023 8:40 a.m.

@Susal The creams rise a lot of blood glucose because they carry fats of the natives.Fat becomes carbohydrates at 3, 4 hours.
Change the dinners for proteins, you will kick better nights.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/06/2023 8:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In very low fatty -tagged, 10 x 100 g hydrates.
However, I keep it in mind

susal's profile photo
susal
11/06/2023 8:58 a.m.

@Susal The truth is that they are very erratic figures.Entering with 130 dinner and taking (according to my calculations) between 1 and 1.5 of hydrates rations (0.5 the Greek yogurt and put 1 of the cream) I would have put me fast, specifically 1.5 (according to my insulin sensitivity that will be different from yours).At 6 in the morning you are in 200 and you have corrected with 5 units!And it seems that it has lowered little.

I recommend you take a look at this diabetes guide

www.hospitalbarcelona.org

It has been developed by Serafín Murillo, who in addition to being a nutritionist, is diabetic type 1. On Instagram he has an account in which he publishes very useful infographics on the effects of poorly calculated insulin, corrections, the effect of sport, etc.

As @ricki21 says, the main thing is to know how much a Humalog unit lowers you to be able to handle corrections and bowling.And see what trend you have between meals, when the quick effect is over to know if the dose of Toujeo is correct.It would have to remain stable, without trends marked up or down.

To do it even a little more complicated, in the morning it takes much more insulin than the rest of the day, because of those hours there is a lot of insulin resistance.So, if you are going to do any proof, the conclusions of what is happening in the morning will not serve you for the rest of the day.

Courage, rare days of climbing and dowers we all have, but if you know yourself better, you can handle them without so much shock.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/06/2023 9:12 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Susal: When do you get the humalog?Before each meal and wait about 15 minutes before starting to eat?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/06/2023 9:27 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.