{'en': 'New in forum diabetes and with doubts about Xigduo', 'es': 'Nuevo en Diabetes Foro y con dudas sobre Xigduo'} Image

New in forum diabetes and with doubts about Xigduo

ROPUMA's profile photo   12/29/2023 10:41 a.m.

Good morning: I want to introduce myself,

I am Roberto New here and with type 1 diabetes.

Taking advantage of my entry I would like to consult that such is Xigduo, because my doctor has changed the traditional metformin for this new medicine.

Greetings to all.

ROPUMA's profile photo
ROPUMA
12/29/2023 10:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the @ropuma forum! Please tell us a little more about your guideline with type 1 diabetes. How long has you diagnosed you?How do you wear glucose?

I do not know Xigduo but I have seen that in the technical file they present it as: This medicine contains two different active ingredients called dapagliflozine and metformin.Both belong to a group of medications that are called "oral antidiabetics."These are medications that are taken oral for diabetes.

That is, in my opinion it is the same or very similar to merformine but of a different brand.

Here link to the technical file: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/29/2023 10:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Don't you use insulin? What glycosilada do you have?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/29/2023 11:26 a.m.

ropuma said:
good days: I want to introduce myself,

I am Roberto New here and with type 1 diabetes.

Taking advantage of my entry I would like to consult that such is Xigduo, because my doctor has changed the traditional metformin for this new medicine.

Greetings to all.

You will mean type 2 ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/29/2023 11:44 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Ropuma ..... Welcome !!Type 1 diabetes treated with pills?: o The dream of all kinds 1 !!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/29/2023 12:05 p.m.

Dapagliflozine is a glucodiuretic ... Metformin is, if I'm not mistaken, to reduce insulin resistance ... What does not fit me is to guide dapaglifozin to a type 1 ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
12/29/2023 9:37 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.