Change of novorapid to Humalog Junior.

Botii12's profile photo   11/10/2023 11:35 a.m.

Hello, everyone!
The other day my endocrine changed a novorapid to Humalog Junior for the theme of half units since you see a unit for me is too much.
I have noticed with this insulin in three days that I have been with it, which once I have had breakfast or eaten is from 3 hours when sugar begins to go down.How do you manage this?It is that before with the novorapid the effect was faster and I do not know if this type of insulin is quite right.
What another type of pen of means that is better than humalog junior?

Thank you so much.

Botii12's profile photo
Botii12
11/10/2023 11:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Botii12, you can ask you to prescribe novorapid on cartridges and the Boli Novope

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/10/2023 1:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Botii12 Hello!I use Fiaps.With the bolivrado of 0'5.
This insulin normally begins to take effect at 15 ', but the duration is shorter ... Its max usually is about 2h ... lasts 3-4h max.It depends on the person ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/10/2023 1:54 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

I used Humalog Junior and in the morning I had to put it at least 30 minutes before breakfast to avoid the peak and then at three hours I sometimes went down more than the account, it arrived very just or almost in hiccups.When eating or dinner it didn't happen to me.Now they have given me a Novopepen electronic ball that goes with Fiasp.I do well, need 15 minutes in advance as little (for breakfast), I don't give me the downturn before eating.However, for food or dinner sometimes I stay high at three hours.
I also used novorapid, but it was at the beginning when I was still on a honeymoon and I don't remember how it worked with that, because then my control was chaos (total rookie) and the minimum fell into hypoglycemia.I think I remember that I put a unit at meals and if I dared with two, it plummeted.That is why they changed me to Humalog, I can play with the half units.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/10/2023 6:45 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Ok :)

Thank you very much for answering.I will observe having such ...

Botii12's profile photo
Botii12
11/11/2023 12:31 a.m.

I am doing very well the humalog junior.Novorapid takes me a lot to take effect, Fiasp lasts very little and does not cover the complete digestion of the meals, I was going well as normal humalog and with the half units, much better.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/11/2023 10:44 a.m.

I changed Apidra to Humalog Junior for the theme of half units.With Apidra I would also have been able to put half units, but with a rechargeable, not disposable ball such as Humalog Jr. I found it more comfortable to continue with disposable pen.

I am happy with how it works for me.The half units allow you to calculate better.

My feeling in the change was that it took a little longer to start the effect and last a little more than the apidra.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/11/2023 4:39 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.