What complications do you have because of diabetes?

Madrileña91's profile photo   11/15/2023 2:32 a.m.

Hello everyone!I have been with this diabetes for almost 2 years, and in my case luckily I still have no complication beyond excess thirst when a little is high ...
There is much talk about the long -term complications of this disease and I would like to read your cases, you have had blindness problems, kidney problems, circulatory problems, amputations, etc?
I would like to know how common this is and if it happens in as many cases as I read around ...

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/15/2023 2:32 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@"Madrid91", if you have good control, you can spend many years without having anything and there are better treatments if they appear.
Reviews to treat them are important.
Do not think about complications, only in the control. My daughter has been diabetes for 30 years and at the moment in the analytics and in the eye exam everything goes well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/15/2023 4:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2002 and until today, three more self -immell diseases: s, my immune system is quite weakened.
Problems related to the evolution of diabetes I do not have, for the moment: p.
Take care and don't think about what can happen.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/15/2023 3:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been diabetic for 34 years and I have proliferative diabetic retinopathy in an eye treated 2 years ago with argon laser, and nothing more, from the diagnosis I have good control of the disease, with an average glucose of 151 mg/dl in 90 daysAnd I have been thus between 140-155 on average.And Control visits to the annual ophthalmologist

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
11/16/2023 11 a.m.

I am going to tell you what they explained to me when I started as a child in the year 85. There are two factors, which will influence the complications of diabetes.
First genetics, there are people who do it badly, a long time and complications take long.
But this does not depend on us.
Second the control you have and the life you lead.Keep in mind that complications are due to circulation, or rather for lack of it ... good glucose control, not smoking, drinking the minimum or nothing, monitoring tension (a slight climb, you can indicate, a nephropathy),Few bad fats, maintaining a correct weight and if you do aerobic sports it is already to give you a medal.
I am missing, sport.But today 38 years later, I have no complications ... He touched wood.
There is one thing I have not said and it is very important.Diabelogica education you have is fundamental and can change your life.Learn everything you can.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
11/16/2023 8:21 p.m.

Thank you so much !Your messages encourage me a lot and be able to see that it is true that they say that diabetics can have a good quality of life and make almost normal life.
Now it's time to take care and hopefully take it the same as you 😊

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/17/2023 4:14 p.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

Well, I have been on the age of 69) for about 40 years or so (I!!
A rare case is happening to me: years ago the oculist told me that it would eventually develop cataracts (on the other hand you can have them without being diabetic), but for a couple of months I read the prospects without glasses !!!Improvement ... distrust, but my endocrine tells me not to worry ... I touch wood ...

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/19/2023 5:50 p.m.

Madrid91 said:
Thank you very much!Your messages encourage me a lot and be able to see that it is true that they say that diabetics can have a good quality of life and make almost normal life.
Now it's time to take care of yourself and hopefully take it the same as you 😊

Do not take sedentary life. Exercise and walk, walk, walk ...

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
11/19/2023 5:51 p.m.

Madrid91 said:
Hello everyone!I have been with this diabetes for almost 2 years, and in my case luckily I still have no complication beyond excess thirst when a little is high ...
There is much talk about the long -term complications of this disease and I would like to read your cases, you have had blindness problems, kidney problems, circulatory problems, amputations, etc?
I would like to know how common this is and if it happens in as many cases as I read around ...

Hello, I've been 55 years old and I have nothing due to diabetes.You have to carry good control, yes;Now with a sensor controlled pump I am in 5.7, but I never remember climbing 6.5 going with pen and glucometers.

It is possible to carry normal health.Persevere in good control, it is a background race.And it is not so much a matter of sacrificing a lot, it is more than dosing meals, physical exercise and insulin (s).I recommend that you go to the most modern treatment you can, bomb better than injections, a sensor better than capillaries, and sensor that controls the pump is the best treatment today.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/19/2023 6:51 p.m.

I have been supporting diabetes for 43 years 1. I have exercised as a lawyer 45 years, had 2 daughters and two grandchildren and I am happy.My health is good and typical of a 72 -year -old old man.You don't have to "eat coconut" with this disease.It is like that of a person who amputates a limb;You get used to and with some limitations, you make a normal life.
Depression is worse than diabetes.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
11/20/2023 12:37 a.m.

Rubioares said:
I've been supporting diabetes 1. I have exercised as a lawyer 45 years, had 2 daughters and two grandchildren and I am happy.My health is good and typical of a 72 -year -old old man.You don't have to "eat coconut" with this disease.It is like that of a person who amputates a limb;You get used to and with some limitations, you make a normal life.
Depression is worse than diabetes.

I intuit that you have no important complications then, because that is very limited to life, especially sight.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/20/2023 7:36 a.m.

I was diagnosed with a routine examination of the company.In the results they told me that because I had not told them that it was diabetic and I replied that I did not know.Neither before nor now I have had any discomfort.I have given a radical change in my life and I have controlled it without medication.The doctor tells me that if I medicate me, I would not have to lead such a spartan life one hour a day walking and five km by bike to work.Greetings to all

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
11/25/2023 5:45 a.m.

Hello,

For relatively little time I have noticed to lose a tad of visual acuity.I have some myopia and astigmatism but I have to confirm it in the ophthalmologist.I notice it more in the near vision than in the other.

I subscribe to @rubioares's comment regarding depression.I suffered some time ago and it's pure horror.

Greetings and hands to work :)

Crash's profile photo
Crash
11/25/2023 7:32 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Hello, I am Type I diabetic since the 8th and I have 48 for the moment without complications and I have had two daughters I have a gly of 7 and I think that my genetics helps me I am quite thin I exercise and I do not happen except in one occasions.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
11/27/2023 4:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.