{'en': 'Type 2 diabetes alters the spine discs', 'es': 'La diabetes tipo 2 altera los discos de la columna vertebral'} Image

Type 2 diabetes alters the spine discs

fer's profile photo   02/14/2024 12:04 p.m.

Hello everyone!🙌

Today I want to share with you an important finding that can help us better understand how type 2 diabetes affects our body.

According to a recent study, type 2 diabetes can cause the discs of our spine to become more rigid and change in a normal way, which can compromise their ability to withstand pressure.

This finding is especially relevant to those of us who fight with lumbar pain, a condition often associated with the degeneration of intervertebral discs.

It turns out that people with type 2 diabetes run a greater risk of lumbar pain and disk -related problems.

The researchers discovered that in the context of type 2 diabetes, the mechanisms that allow collagen fibrils on our discs to handle pressure are compromised.

This leads to a hardening of the collagen, which can contribute to the degeneration of the disk.

These findings are an important step to develop preventive and therapeutic strategies to treat low back pain with diabetes.

So, although the news may seem a bit discouraging, it is actually a positive step towards understanding and the treatment of diabetes complications.

As always, I encourage you to continue taking care of you and supporting each other in our community.

Together we are stronger!💪

Take care!😊

fer's profile photo
fer
02/14/2024 12:04 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

How curious!I do not understand the reason for this to happen to those of type 2 diabetes instead of those from diabetes to dry.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
02/15/2024 11:29 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
How curious!I do not understand the reason that this happens to those of type 2 diabetes instead of those of diabetes to dry.

I am not a doctor, but under my modest point of view the cells of a body with type 1 are totally different from those of type 2. The cells of the body of a person with type 1 diabetes are normal and healthy, only that they receive little insulin from thepancreas.The body's body cells with type 2 diabetes are abnormal or mutants because they need, in addition to the one produced by the pancreas, more exogenous insulin to achieve the same results.That is, that difference in operation also implies a difference in its DNA code, which is the one that tells the cell how to deal with the marras hormone.That is why the cure of type 2 diabetes is going to be complex because it goes through a recoding or genetic recoding, which is what the mutants of Dr. Xavier's X-Men had to do to become normal people.

And although the latter may seem like a pussy it is not;Those mutants had much more complex instructions than ours, but that does not mean that we are not also mutants.That is, we are closer to the mutation that returned to the inhabitants of the neolithic lactose tolerant than the one that makes it possible for nightworm to teleport, so the type 2 diabetics are not x-men but we are related.

THC's profile photo
THC
02/15/2024 2:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.