Newcomer and overwhelmed

joelsa's profile photo   12/02/2023 3:49 p.m.

Hello, new newly diagnosed type 1, disbelief and jug of initial cold water, now assuming it, positive attitude, eager to learn to adapt and take it well, because everything is doubts ....

I have been scoring the insulin supply, but I still have no sensor and I am clicking on my fingers frequently to know how I am ..., without even understanding the alterations of the results.As well as the calculation of HC in meals for insulin doses and not cause hypoglycemia, which worries me.

I have been glad to meet this community, it comforts to feel "accompanied with equals" to exchange information and aids.I will participate when I learn, now I'm very green.

A question, can I acquire the arm sensor, or do I have to wait for the SS to give it to me?I think it would help me a lot to know my metabolization.

Thanking your reading, and any advice that will be very welcome, I wish you happy weekend.

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/02/2023 3:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Joels Welcome!
This is a very different world and each diabetic, in addition there are not two days equal.

Yes, you can buy the sensors directly from Abbott until the Endocrine of the SS assigns them.Rondan 70euros and their batteries last 14 days.But you learn a lot to manage diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/02/2023 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@joelsa: Welcome.To begin to familiarize yourself with carbohydrates and rations, you will be well the carbohydrate rations table of the Diabetes Foundation and the Roche HC guide:
Link
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/02/2023 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Encourage @joelsa
Here you have us for what you need!I recommend that you buy the sensors ... they will help you a lot ... and claims in turn to give them to the SS ...
It is a tranquility to see how you go, the alarms that let you know until you recognize the symptoms of hyper/hypo, see how your day -to -day activities influence and what food, emotions suppose you ... emotions ...
As @ruthbia says we are a world ... so your research work begins with yourself.It is an infinite and continuous learning trip.Little by little.Now it is a world, but the road will be paved.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/02/2023 7:07 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Welcome, if you can buy any while they prescribe them or doubt it.I spent two years buying them until they were prescribed and it is the best I have done.But the social according to you as soon as possible when type 1. If you see no, claims and claims.
And here we are for what you need.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/02/2023 10:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Good morning, thank you very much for your answers, you are very friendly and they find it of great help, I wish you happy Sunday !!

Greetings!

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/03/2023 8:53 a.m.

*Friendly

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/03/2023 8:53 a.m.

Welcome @joelsa, here another rookie but in type 2 diabetes. Much encouragement and do not stop burning through the forum, there is a lot of information already written that will save you questions.

Greetings and good week: Smiley:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/03/2023 9:41 a.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

joels said:
*friendly

If in your post you are on the wheel of the upper Dcha corner, you can edit and correct it, 😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/03/2023 11:46 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Joels said:
Hello, new newly diagnosed type 1, disbelief and jug of cold water, now assuming it, positive attitude, eager to learn to adapt and take it well, because everything is doubts....

I have been scoring the insulin supply, but I still have no sensor and I am clicking on my fingers frequently to know how I am ..., without even understanding the alterations of the results.As well as the calculation of HC in meals for insulin doses and not cause hypoglycemia, which worries me.

I have been glad to meet this community, it comforts to feel "accompanied with equals" to exchange information and aids.I will participate when I learn, now I'm very green.

A question, can I acquire the arm sensor, or do I have to wait for the SS to give it to me?I think it would help me a lot to know my metabolization.

Thanking your reading, and any advice that will be very welcome, I wish you happy weekend.

Hi @joelsa.I debut a year and a half ago.They told me that the sensors gave them when they see that you control everything, it is more than anything because first you have to learn to handle yourself with the glucometer (sometimes the sensors fail).A month or less they gave me when I saw that I controlled HC rations and insulin doses.
It is very overwhelming at the beginning and you feel that they do not give you enough information but this forum is wonderful for that, you will find a lot of important information.
Much encouragement!

ely88's profile photo
ely88
12/03/2023 3:15 p.m.

Joels said:
Hello, new newly diagnosed type 1, disbelief and jug of cold water, now assuming it, positive attitude, eager to learn to adapt and take it well, because everything is doubts....

Welcome patience and little by little as everyone over time is improved and you live that that's what it is about

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/10/2023 1:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.