{'en': 'Allergy with the Dexcom G6', 'es': 'Alérgia con el Dexcom G6'} Image

Allergy with the Dexcom G6

julia199's profile photo   01/06/2024 6:15 p.m.

Good morning,

The Dexcom G6 sensor patch causes me allergy, does anyone happen to anyone?

Does anyone know how to avoid this?

Or how to solve?

Thank you.

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/06/2024 6:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Julia199 I did not use Dexcom but when the free was allergies there was an option that was to put a compeed one making a hole where the needle passes and then hit the sensor.Also cover it with adhesive to fall.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/08/2024 10:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I will try it.Thank you very much Ruthbia

julia199's profile photo
julia199
01/08/2024 10:36 p.m.

It is possible that some people experience allergic reactions or irritation at the site of insertion of the Dexcom G6 sensor or to the adhesives used to fix it in the skin.Here are some considerations:

Allergic reaction to adhesive: Some people may be sensitive to adhesives used in CGM sensors, which can cause skin irritation, redness, itching or an eruption.If you experience these symptoms, you can try to change the location of the sensor or use a skin protective barrier, such as a cream or a skin protection patch, to help prevent irritation.

Allergic reaction to the sensor itself: although it is less common, some people may have an allergic reaction to the sensor material itself.If you suspect that you have an allergy to the sensor, it is important to communicate with Dexcom or your doctor to evaluate the situation and determine the steps to follow.

Consult with a health professional: if you experience any type of allergic reaction or irritation in relation to the use of the Dexcom G6 sensor, it is important to communicate with your doctor or health professional.They can offer you specific guidance on how to handle the situation, such as changing the sensor location, adjusting the duration of sensor use or recommending skin care products that can help relieve irritation.

Alternatives: If you continue experiencing allergy or irritation problems with the Dexcom G6, you may want to explore other CGM sensor options available in the market.Talk to your doctor to discuss other options that can be more suitable for you.

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
02/11/2024 7:30 a.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

@Pollxander Thank you very much.I had tried all the methods to avoid allergy and not.The end had to change the free freestyle sensor 3.

julia199's profile photo
julia199
02/11/2024 11:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.