Tujeo Change to Tresiba

nigiri's profile photo   12/09/2023 7:22 p.m.

Hello, I have changed Tujeo's insulin to Tresiba, I thought it was going to be better because with Tresiba I put 10 units less than with Toujeo and I can also use the smart pen but I have been almost two weeks and I can't have good control.I have many ups and downs and this makes me exhausted in all aspects.
I already used Tresiba years ago and I was doing very well but when I wanted to get pregnant they changed me to Toujeo.
Do you know if this is normal?If I have to wait longer?I can't catch the point and I'm desperate.Nor do I know if there really is much more benefit to put 10 units less with an insulin than with another ...
Let's see if someone can shed some light.Thank you so much!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/09/2023 7:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri, my daughter could not control with Tresiba either, especially because she lowered her a lot at night and picos for the day, and went through all the doses, but complained not to understand her.
With Toujeo is much quieter
I don't know ... it may depend on the hormonal system of each person or something so that it goes well or badly .., after a pregnancy the hormones are readjusty and maybe that happens to you and you do not find the point.
Anyway, with toujeo you get much less insulin than with Lantus, for example, because it is three times more concentrated and the units of their ball are adapted to that
Well, if you can't regulate the Tresiba, return to Toujeo without problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2023 2:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What I don't understand is if you have good control.Why do insulin change you?

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
12/10/2023 10:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Juansolo: Talk to your doctor and tell him that you want to return to the previous treatment if you think I was doing better.
I would ask him why he has changed the slow.
I suppose that pharmaceuticals press doctors to prescribe "modern" insulins or that according to their studies they work better

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/10/2023 4:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

It is not worth changing from Toujeo to Tresiba for the electronic pen.Toujeo you will supply it once a day, if you wear an alarm it is very difficult for you to forget or do not know what dose you have put yourself because it is practically a fixed guideline.The electronic pen where it is truly useful is in the fast one, that every time you put an amount and you can mislead.
When they offered me the "intelligent" feathers I stayed with the fast and rejected the slow one because Toujeo is doing well, I know how to drive it and it seemed an unnecessary change.
This forum also influenced my decision, because in all the threads that deal with slow insulin, it is concluded that Toujeo is the best.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/10/2023 8:11 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I believe that the best is the one that does well to each one.I have abasaglar that theoretically is the worst and I am going to me wonderfully.They have not offered me to change it but if they do not change it.
Here I have read to whom Tresiba is doing very well and people who do not get used to and return to the previous one.
@nigiri
If you don't get to Tresiba, Toujeo returns.It's about feeling that we control and not be stressed.Because it is no use to put 10 units except if you feel that you cannot control well.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/10/2023 8:21 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@juansolo to be able to use the smart pen and because before pregnancy I used threeiba.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/11/2023 9:08 a.m.

Thank you very much, @regina @ensalada @isabelbota I think I will return to Toujeo, I had not had this lousy control in life, it is not worth it.Thank you very much!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/11/2023 9:09 a.m.

Good night!
In my case, of the basal insulins I used for many years Insulatard, as intermediate NPH, later I changed to the prolonged action, first it went with Lantus, of a glargine type for a jet of years, but it caused me many hypos both of the dayAs at night, I was always eating.
Now I have been with Tresiba as many years, Degludec type, which gives me greater freedom and very close effect, allows me better control and is much more predictable.
Therefore, in my case, I have always evolved better with NPH-> Lantus-> Tresiba.
All the best.

Shark's profile photo
Shark
12/11/2023 11:21 p.m.

Shark said:
good night!
In my case, of the basal insulins I used for many years Insulatard, as intermediate NPH, later I changed to the prolonged action, first it went with Lantus, of a glargine type for a jet of years, but it caused me many hypos both of the dayAs at night, I was always eating.
Now I have been with Tresiba as many years, Degludec type, which gives me greater freedom and very close effect, allows me better control and is much more predictable.
Therefore, in my case, I have always evolved better with NPH-& GT; Lantus-& GT; Tresiba.
Greetings.

When do you put it on?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/12/2023 1:29 p.m.

@Shark, also pass through NPH, Lantus and now with Tresiba.Well let's let me use it, but I think just a few months.
With me with threeiba I am doing well.
@nigiri, if something goes well it is best not to change.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2023 3:26 p.m.

meginer said:
shark said:
good night!
Therefore, in my case, I have always evolved better with NPH-& GT; Lantus-& GT; Tresiba.
Greetings.

When do you put it?

Sorry @meginer, I hadn't read you ... I usually put it between 23:00 and 00:00 more or less.Someday something later, without noticing any change.

anaisabel said:
@shar, also pass through NPH, lantus and now with threeiba.Well let's let me use it, but I think just a few months.
With me with threeiba I am doing well.
@nigiri, if something goes well it is best not to change.

@Anaisabel, I think the same.You have to use the best to each one and their lifestyle.There are not even my worst better 🤗

Shark's profile photo
Shark
12/13/2023 10:55 a.m.

Nothing, I returned to Toujeo and well again.Thank you very much.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/20/2023 10:41 a.m.

@nigiri
I'm glad, one less problem.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/20/2023 6:48 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.