{'en': 'The damn dinners ...', 'es': 'Las malditas cenas...'} Image

The damn dinners ...

Berto's profile photo   12/13/2023 10:08 a.m.

I have a problem that costs me quite a lot to control, the hunger of the last hours of the day ...

Throughout the day I carry it well, I am not much hungry and I don't have a hard time controlling what, but from 7 in the afternoon, control costs me horrors.

I try to have dinner at 7 pm, and go to bed at 10 p.m., and try in half to do some soft exercise, but at that time with the accumulated fatigue of the day, everything is more uphill.

Also during the day if I think I have passed a little at some food I can complement it with exercise or long mountain walks.

Another effect is even controlling and maintaining the regular glucose values, I often have worse values ​​in the morning that before bed, I suppose it is the liver that launches glucose just first time in the morning.

Any trick to improve that control at the end of the day?

In some places I have read that be careful to pass with the fruit that increases appetite ..

Thank you!!

Berto's profile photo
Berto
12/13/2023 10:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The fruit, depending on which, the glucose level increases quite.Check in hydrates tables and you will see ..

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/13/2023 1:13 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Berto, what kind of diabetes do you have?If you use fast insulin you can dinner without problem.
If it is type 2 you need another treatment.,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2023 5:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@berto, what kind of diabetes do you have?If you use fast insulin you can dinner without problem.
If it is type 2 you need another treatment.,

Type 2 diabetes for 10 years,
Recently I have increased the dose of metformin 850 x 3 a day, but digestive problems have appeared, so a month ago they changed me to Januvia, but I am still in the period of tests and review in a couple of months.

Berto's profile photo
Berto
12/14/2023 8:49 a.m.

In the dinners I try to lower the amount of hydrates and try to avoid fatty foods.

From Monday to Friday, I usually go to a salad, a protein and yogurt with some red fruit.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/14/2023 11:40 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

berto said:

I have recently increased the dose of metformin 850 x 3 a day, but digestive problems have appeared, so they changed me a month ago to Januvia, but I am still in the period of tests and review in a couple of months.

Do you take some gastric protector @berto?I am taking it these days because I have taken some other naproxen by shoulder pain and on one foot but this week I will avoid taking it if there are no digestive problems with metformin.It is that I am taking a phobia to so much pill and in fact someone told me that gastric protectors were not the panacea.

I have also suffered that lack of control at the last minute of the day but now I force myself to control myself.I know that I am going to miss those night sessions of ice cream, or popcorn watching a movie but for the moment I am quite mentalized since returning to lack of control would go crazy and I prefer to keep the sanity.

Maybe it would be better for dinner a little later than 7pm.At 8pm or so, and not stay hungry.A 15 -minute postplaint would be ideal if your hand goes with the quantities, but I understand that it is not always possible.Eye with the fruit because in addition to what I was telling you, it will also take your sleep away.In fact I have proven that taking an orange juice at night guarantees you to be revealed for a long time.

Because of my short experience with the disease, also DM2, I am seeing that the only solution is the change of dynamics in the day to day, I think that in the long run it is what will benefit us most.

Much encouragement with those dinners: Smiley:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/16/2023 8:24 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

crash said:
berto said:
>
I have recently increased the dose of metformin 850 x 3 a day, but digestive problems have appeared, so they changed me a month ago to Januvia, but I am still in the period of tests and review in a couple of months.

Do you take some gastric protector @berto?I am taking it these days because I have taken some other naproxen by shoulder pain and on one foot but this week I will avoid taking it if there are no digestive problems with metformin.It is that I am taking a phobia to so much pill and in fact someone told me that gastric protectors were not the panacea.

I have also suffered that lack of control at the last minute of the day but now I force myself to control myself.I know that I am going to miss those night sessions of ice cream, or popcorn watching a movie but for the moment I am quite mentalized since returning to lack of control would go crazy and I prefer to keep the sanity.

Maybe it would be better for dinner a little later than 7pm.At 8pm or so, and not stay hungry.A 15 -minute postplaint would be ideal if your hand goes with the quantities, but I understand that it is not always possible.Eye with the fruit because in addition to what I was telling you, it will also take your sleep away.In fact I have proven that taking an orange juice at night guarantees you to be revealed for a long time.

Because of my short experience with the disease, also DM2, I am seeing that the only solution is the change of dynamics in the day to day, I think that in the long run it is what will benefit us most.

Much encouragement with those dinners: smiley:

Thank you !

I have requested several times a stomach protector to the doctor from Cabecea, but they say that you better not take anything, and at most a Almax.The problem is that here in Spain if you ask for something for the stomach in a pharmacy, they are not authorized to give anything, only some natural product.He does nothing that I asked for something for the stomach and even warning that it was diabetic I find that when I reviewed the prospect at home I wore honey ...
It is a bit surreal, if you feel bad a meal, you can no longer ask for anything in a pharmacy, before you could ask for a primitive or style.Today or you endure or you are going to the emergency room, and I am one of those who, due to bad digestion or a flu I am not going to emergency, I have to see it very black.

Berto's profile photo
Berto
12/16/2023 9:07 p.m.

berto said:
The problem is that here you ask for something for the stomach in a pharmacy, they are not authorized to give anything, just some natural product.

I was prescribed omeprazole, it is a free sale medication in pharmacies and if you tell your doctor, he will surely make you recipe.I take it first thing about the day and voila.But as I said I am even thinking of stopping, in the future, the simvastatin if with the diet and the exercise I am improving cholesterol values.Pills strictly necessary.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/16/2023 9:23 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.