{'en': 'Rice and diabetes', 'es': 'Arroz y diabetes'} Image

Rice and diabetes

Crash's profile photo   12/16/2023 11:47 p.m.

Hello dear,

Before publishing this I have traced myself to the 2015 post for what not to be repetitive, but I have not seen anything.Although surely it has been commented at some point.

I have always been very rice and of course, now I have been foray for almost a month.With the desire to understand the disease and not die (of boredom) in the attempt, a couple of days ago I read that the cooked rice (in this case it was blank but I understand that it will be valid for a paella for example, although I already commentThese days when testing) and rested for 24h or 48h in fridge it does not have the same glycemic index as freshly done, or overheated.

For this conclusion they did three cooking tests and then testing each of the three rice variations, glucose levels were taken.Obviously each of the tastings was carried out with sufficient time interval between each intake.

The variety of rice was bomb and the amounts of rice were exactly the same in the three variants.The first was to cook the rice and eat it directly recently.The second, that same co -cooked rice 24h and then sauteed again to give temperature.And the third variant was the cooked co -cooked rice 24h or 48h, in cold or tempering outside the fridge.

Well, the glucose levels of the variants one and two were of a higher peak.On the other hand, the third variant did not upload almost glucose.

So with this last option we can consume the rice in salads, Nigiris, Makis and I do not know you but I love the paella from the day before room at room temperature.Anyway, I confirm the values ​​tomorrow since I will do the test to see what is true in all this, or at least see if for me it is feasible.

Greetings: Smile:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/16/2023 11:47 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Is that in hydrates like the potato (the one that most), rice, pasta ...
If they are left in the fridge and consumed the next day, although the hot ones, they climb less, because part of the starch (which becomes glucose) is transformed into resistant starch, a fiber that is not assimilated, therefore they rise less and fatteningless.I always do it, with what was said and the legumes, I always take them the next day.But you don't have to heat them too much because if it happens, I think I remember 140 degrees or something is reversed the subject.
And block what you say because when I have taken cold pasta salad has risen me less ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/17/2023 9:42 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

They also say that dry bread does not rise so much.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/18/2023 5:31 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
also say that dry bread does not rise so much.

Well look, some bread crostons for the salad.Noted.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/18/2023 4:41 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

I did it with the potato tortilla, but I never tried rice or paste.For salads, with some hydrates, it can be great.I will try it.Thank you

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/18/2023 5:11 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wove said:
I did it with the potato tortilla, but I never tried rice or pasta.For salads, with some hydrates, it can be great.I will try it.Thank you

What did you do?Did you left the poached potato the day before or did the potato omelette and ate it the next day?His would be the tortilla done and eat it the next day but you already tell me.

Greetings: Smile:

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/18/2023 5:17 p.m.

The last.And so in several days

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/18/2023 5:22 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Crash to me the freshly made potato omelette, I got fixed, if for example I do it at night and like it the next day at noon (stored in a fridge) I can heat it and nothing uploads to me anymore.The same thing also happens to me with pasta and rice.What I can not consume as a fridge because its absorption makes me very slow are legumes;I have to eat them freshly made and they do not upload me, if the fridge goes down before the hydrates upload me ... In the end you are right it is about trying and seeing the best that goes to each one.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2023 9:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I neither potatoes nor rice of any day, they upload me like the foam.
It must be that not even body is very useful and everything wants 😄

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/22/2023 2:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have not tried to do it the next day, it gives me courage to make a rice or some potatoes and have to wait the next day with how good there is a newly made potato tortilla ... to me of all that, I have already triedWhat the most uploads and uploads a lot and does not go down to the three to several corrections and many hours, is rice and pasta.The potatoes not too much, sometimes I have happened with the dose of insulin thinking that I was going to rise more and it has given me a slight hypo so that once as but little quantity.The lentils do not upload me more than normal, those like once a week, yes, a normal dish and these small, and vegetables.
The chickpeas if they upload me more, just those.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/22/2023 7:26 p.m.

One thing that I like very much is the bread sandwich and potato tortilla, that is talking to God.But of course, now with my partner the DM2 because as I consider it.I've been eating UFFF rice without eating, I already told you.And in fact I am resisting to do anything with rice these days because of limiting myself a little, of potatoes nothing from a sandwich that ate a few days ago.I am pulling another type of garrison.Yesterday I made a squid casserole with mussels in the Guisote plan but I added Boletus edulis and I was very rich but of course, these things have stir -fry and the oil "does not evaporate."Anyway, I just got bike and walk and after a good shower I prepare for dinner.
If I do the rice, I keep you informing you of the fasting glucose values ​​and after the rice.

Happy parties!

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/22/2023 8:19 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I neither potatoes nor rice of any day, they upload me like the foam.
It must be that neither body is very useful and everything wants 😄

It happens to me the same or refreheled or frozen or anything goes up the same

yolayol's profile photo
yolayol
12/24/2023 12:37 p.m.

To me the Pasta Potato Rice I upload the same refrigerated

yolayol's profile photo
yolayol
12/24/2023 12:38 p.m.

I don't barely notice the difference between refrigerated and no.

What I notice is that the pasta rises much less than the rice.At the same amount, half of insulin need.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/24/2023 5:52 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.