Harmful effects of metformin

Malasangre's profile photo   12/20/2023 12:36 p.m.

5 years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the first treatment was with metformin.I spent months when food did not know anything and with intestinal problems.My doctor at that time turned out to be an incompetent, and when they consult the answer was that it was normal to have some discomfort while the body got used to treatment.He spent time, changed doctor and asked again, the new doctor took my metformin and prescribed Januvia.Subsequently, in a colonoscopy I was detected diverticula in the colon.My suspicion is that metformin caused me the diverticula because it made me go to the bathroom too many times a day and that could damage the walls of the colon.I would like to know if someone has happened to someone.

Malasangre's profile photo
Malasangre
12/20/2023 12:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been taking metformin for 5 years and I have not caused any diverticulus and if I have made colonoscopies at that time, it is the first time I hear the side effects that you comment

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/20/2023 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

All medications have side effects (look at Januvia) among metformin are not the diverticulas.Yes are the ones you had, taste disorder, intestinal problems ...
He takes many people and I haven't heard anyone what you say.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/20/2023 6:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Malarasangre said:
5 years ago that type 2 diabetes diagnosed and the first treatment was with metformin.I spent months when food did not know anything and with intestinal problems.My doctor at that time turned out to be an incompetent, and when they consult the answer was that it was normal to have some discomfort while the body got used to treatment.He spent time, changed doctor and asked again, the new doctor took my metformin and prescribed Januvia.Subsequently, in a colonoscopy I was detected diverticula in the colon.My suspicion is that metformin caused me the diverticula because it made me go to the bathroom too many times a day and that could damage the walls of the colon.I would like to know if someone has happened to someone.

I regret what is happening to you.For my part, last year I was free of colorectal cancer but next year I will request new evidence.

In my case, metformin only produced adverse effects 3 or 4 days at the beginning of taking it, especially some sensation of nausea and some extra visit to the bathroom but nothing more.I look forward to the next analysis in January to see how everything is going.

Good luck and I hope your situation improves.

Crash's profile photo
Crash
12/20/2023 9:13 p.m.

DM2 diagnosticada 10/11/23, hipotiroidismo, obesidad y algunas otras tonterías :# Actualmente tomando 2 comprimidos de Metformina 850 mg. Eutirox 75. Simvastatina 20 mg. Obesidad tipo II.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.