{'en': "Help, I don't understand anything.", 'es': 'Ayuda, no entiendo nada.'} Image

Help, I don't understand anything.

guns4bones's profile photo   12/21/2023 4:35 p.m.

A month ago I introduced myself in the forum because I debuted with DM1.At first it cost me a little used to and my glucose levels were rather high (especially after the obv meals), but little by little I started to catch the dose of insulin well depending on what I was going to eat.In my last review my endocrine congratulated me for how well I was doing to take only one month since my time outside the range was minimal and glucose fluctuation was very good too.

The endocrine put me as a 10UD of slow insulin if on an empty stomach was between 80 and 150mg/dl (which is always like that), varying two units up or down if it exceeded those limits.In the case of rapid insulin, as you will know, it depends on many things, but normal I was clicking between 4-5ud before meals and had no problem so far.

The thing is that I have not been watered to or pussy about two weeks, my glucose levels are very low compared to before and there are times that when I do not even go up, I have taken the freedom to lower my dose of fast before meals before the mealsAnd sometimes I don't even shed it because I am already touching hypoglycemia or food is low in hydrates.

I am very desperate, I do not know what to do and my next review is not until in the month and a half at least and have not yet spoken to me about the rations of hydrates or have put a diet as such (they have only recommended whatEat more and what to eat less).

I know that this is a slow process and that I am surely altering me too much and that I want to go faster than I should, but I am a person with anxiety/depression problems and this is affecting me more than I believed and long beforeWhat I thought.I am with daily hypoglycemia and sometimes with several a day and really that I no longer know what to do.

Should I lower the dose of the slow?Because my fasting levels are the usual.

Should I better review my diet?

Should I take a jacket in the hospital so that I can talk to the endocrine and solve this problem?

I am getting tired of all this, I would very much appreciate your opinion and advice.

I read you.Greetings to all and take care of these parties.

guns4bones's profile photo
guns4bones
12/21/2023 4:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What slow do you use ...?What time do you put it on?

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
12/21/2023 4:46 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
What slow do you use ...?What time do you put it on?

I use the abasaglar and put it at 12:30 / 13:00.

guns4bones's profile photo
guns4bones
12/21/2023 4:52 p.m.

It seems that you are starting a honeymoon.Your pancreas recovers a little and you need less insulin.
You have to get off the slow one, this is the basal insulin, which keeps you well throughout the day.
The fast one is that of the meals and you are getting it off.You are doing it very well.
Self -control is the greatest advance since the invention of insulin.
The doctor marks you the general guidelines and you are the one who adapt the insulin every day to your needs ... they will vary greatly.
You've started very well 😃, keep it up.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
12/21/2023 5:43 p.m.

@Guns4bones: Quiet that you are going well!
A couple of tips: if the downturn gives you after having eaten (before 2 hours after having put the fast insulin), you have to lower the fast dose.Do not worry if the food does not make you peaks (whenever you do not have hypoglycemia), it means that you have succeeded in the dose of insulin and you have done the waiting time it touches.
If you get very fair to meals or you have to take Tentes between hours you have to get off the slow one.
I do not understand that you have not explained the HC rations.Buy a balance and start food.The carbohydrate guide of the Diabetes Foundation is on the Internet and is very good.You also have the Roche Carbohydrates guide that is very visual and is also on the Internet.
Courage and ask what you need!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/21/2023 8:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

If you get up well it seems fast theme.However, you can also try three days to put one unity less slowly.If you start lifting high then you put it again and that's it.
What is clear is that you have plenty of meals.Indeed if the food is low in hydrates you will have to get less.Do not worry about the appointment for the endocrine.This is rehearsal-error and you are the one who will soon know about your diabetes and how to take it better than anyone.
And as now, you will go upside down, that you go up more than normal ...
Well, nothing happens, to change doses.It happens to everyone, sometimes it is desperate but you will see how you can control.Cheer up.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/21/2023 9:46 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Guns4Bones I think that during the first year you have to take it with a young patience ... you are in honeymoon phase and your pancreas+insulin will play bad passes.I'm going to do 2 years and it's what happened to me during the first one (when I still had reservations);You cannot predict what the pancreas works, but you have to put insulin, and sometimes the effect of both meets and you enter constant hypoglycemia, it happened to me.I used Abasaglar and put it at about 8 a.m.and normally general I covered me 24h.If before eating you are rather low, touching the hypo, I would try to take off 1 slow unit, wait 3 days and see how it works for you.If you are very short, eat and put the fast during or after the food ... depending on how you are at 2h.Play up or down too.Do not despair, this period must be passed, once your reservations are exhausted, you will see that the dose calculation is easier.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2023 9:47 a.m.

Yes, as they tell you you are going through the honeymoon and you need less insulin.
Low of one in one the units.If you wake up low, slow down.If it is after meals, go down the quick.
This is so, then it will be up and you will be more stable.
Much encouragement that, although it seems difficult and not controllable, then the analytics and glucosiladas go well and nothing happens.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/22/2023 2:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello and Merry Christmas, I feel identified Guns4bones for being just debuted too.Encouragement !!I can't help you much but share experiences and learn.

Ricky 21 and Cassie when you say that getting to the short meals is because it is slow, I wonder in my case:

- Breakfast and if in mid -morning not as something, I can't stand until food .....I am slow?

And since I get short of food I do not dare to put the quick and cause me hypo: neutral:

Thanks for your aids!

joelsa's profile photo
joelsa
12/25/2023 5:03 p.m.

Joels said:
Hello and merciful Christmas, I feel identified guns4bones for being just debuted too.Encouragement !!I can't help you much but share experiences and learn.

Ricky 21 and Cassie when you say that getting to the short meals is because it is slow, I wonder in my case:

- Breakfast and if in mid -morning not as something, I can't stand until food .....I am slow?

And since I get short of food I do not dare to put the quick and cause me hypo: neutral:

Thanks for your aids!

Almost none we arrive at the food without taking something in the middle of the morning, I do not think it over slows you.

isabelbota
12/25/2023 7:08 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@joelsa: This post about slow insulin is very interesting
Link

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/26/2023 12:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@joelsa you have slow.When you have well regulated you get well at all meals, making the usual life.When we leave the employer is when the deviations come.
Each food must be reached between 80-110, below it implies excess basal, and above, the dose of the previous intake is poorly calculated.This as long as there is a space of more than 3 hours between each intake

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/26/2023 3:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@joelsa, depends on the slow one that is used ..., with lantus or abasaglar you have to put a little more to last 24 hours, and tend to hypos if something is taken between meals.
With the new slower slow, such as Toujeo or Tresiba, you can already be without taking anything between meals.
And, with the old NPH, 5 meals had to be made more a right, and so and everything appeared very frequent.
We are winning in stability with each new insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/26/2023 5:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The basal insulin of the night is not the same as the morning basal, in which you are moving.It is very normal that you have to take something in the middle of the morning.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
12/26/2023 7:50 p.m.

juansolo said:
The basal insulin of the night, is not the same as the morning basal, in which you are moving.It is very normal that you have to take something in the middle of the morning.

Of course, it is what I think.If I go to bed, I spend the night well and get up well, the slow one is correct.
Another thing is that by fasting at breakfast in a few hours I need to take something.My theory is that the effect of the rapid lasts more than the effect of breakfast, so after 2/3 hours I tend to go down.That added to what you say, that we move something.I do not think about me slowly.
I no longer know with flat insulins, I use Abasaglar.

isabelbota
12/26/2023 8:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.